• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants Meth- Daily use

gehenna666queen

Greenlighter
So, I had been clean for 5 years, when a combination of events led me to meth again. 🙃
I am trying to be super responsible about usage, as I don't want my life to spiral as it did last time I used. I am using to give myself a boost to get through the day. I currently work ALOT and it takes all the energy and motivation out of me. I'm sleeping every night, and making sure to eat.... anyone else use this way? Have any advice, comments or suggestions?

I can add my 2 cents but....just what I have seen in other people and what I have read on here. I have never tried it. Not a goody two shoes, just never liked being stimulated as I was always an anxious person so i preferred opies or benzos. I tried crack once about 10 years ago ( had a BF that said hey want some? ) and I had such an awful comedown ( horrible depression, anxiety, actual fear and such ) that I never did it again and was terrified of meth. Plus the fucker didn't tell me he had forgotten the Xanax in his pocket for me for after the session. Asshole.

So, with that out of the way. Congrats on the 5 years clean. I surely understand about needing the energy and determination for your work. Funnyy how some get that out of stims. I got mine from opioids. They made me productive, energetic and resourceful. Just like stims do for stim lovers.

If, and this is a big IF you have to ask yourself. Can you just microdose to get through your work day? Can you leave it alone on your days off? Can you really eat and sleep well on it? Are you eating, sniffing, or shooting it? Lots of variables for you to think about and be totally honest with yourself.

My opinion is this. If you can work everyday, eat, sleep, keep up with all of your responsibilities ( financial and otherwise ) if you need a drug to make your day a little easier I see nothing wrong with it. Please don't let it spiral out of control again. <3

If you continue eating and drinking healthily, getting sleep and generally not upping use further, you probably will be ok for a while.

It is a better idea to adjust your work practices so you are not as stressed out instead as long term daily use is not sustainable and will inevitably cause chronic use health damage .

Its your life, you've already experienced what it can do so having a few days feeling a bit crappy then having a long break is not a big deal.

So, I had been clean for 5 years, when a combination of events led me to meth again. 🙃
I am trying to be super responsible about usage, as I don't want my life to spiral as it did last time I used. I am using to give myself a boost to get through the day. I currently work ALOT and it takes all the energy and motivation out of me. I'm sleeping every night, and making sure to eat.... anyone else use this way? Have any advice, comments or suggestions?

I believe that it's possible to use Amphetamine and even Methamphetamine chronically, within reason, without major health or psychological concerns. The probelm is, it is a lot like Opioids for pain, it is a much more delicate dance than what most of us would initially suspect. There are myriad variables at play in this situation aside from simply managing your intake of the Methamphetamine. I read that you're eating, hydrating and sleeping, that is good.

Basically, much with Opioids, tolerance and dependence have an insidious ability to delude us into ignoring the growing problems of our usage. One day, you will wake up and require more Methamphetamine than you have been using. "Curious", you might think, but it's not a huge deal, just do 10%-20% more, "just this one time; just until the Friday; just until the big project is done" and your rationale will make great sense in your mind. We almost always look at our failings regaring drug usage as a "just this time" type of thing.

This mentality develops into things like "just this one time, I'm going to shoplift; just this one time, I'm gonna rob someone" and the progression goes all the way til prison or death.

I'm not trying to be overly dramatic. I understand you are really in a honeymoon phase with your usage and things really seem manageable right now. I'm gonna preach to you as one addict to anoother: you are playing with fire. Methamphetamine is not a joke. It's really a maelstrom. I've seen fellow junkies who I've known for years as "relatively" stable individuals, taste Meth and watch them utterly deterioate in just a few months, when we had gotten high together previously for over a decade. Nobody's teeth were falling out. Nobody was being accused of being DEA agents.

I just think it has potential to be a really bad thing for you. Methamphetamine use among my people up here in New England has come like a tidle wave and it's making me very sad for the future of the community.

I believe that it's possible to use Amphetamine and even Methamphetamine chronically, within reason, without major health or psychological concerns. The probelm is, it is a lot like Opioids for pain, it is a much more delicate dance than what most of us would initially suspect. There are myriad variables at play in this situation aside from simply managing your intake of the Methamphetamine. I read that you're eating, hydrating and sleeping, that is good.

Basically, much with Opioids, tolerance and dependence have an insidious ability to delude us into ignoring the growing problems of our usage. One day, you will wake up and require more Methamphetamine than you have been using. "Curious", you might think, but it's not a huge deal, just do 10%-20% more, "just this one time; just until the Friday; just until the big project is done" and your rationale will make great sense in your mind. We almost always look at our failings regaring drug usage as a "just this time" type of thing.

This mentality develops into things like "just this one time, I'm going to shoplift; just this one time, I'm gonna rob someone" and the progression goes all the way til prison or death.

I'm not trying to be overly dramatic. I understand you are really in a honeymoon phase with your usage and things really seem manageable right now. I'm gonna preach to you as one addict to anoother: you are playing with fire. Methamphetamine is not a joke. It's really a maelstrom. I've seen fellow junkies who I've known for years as "relatively" stable individuals, taste Meth and watch them utterly deterioate in just a few months, when we had gotten high together previously for over a decade. Nobody's teeth were falling out. Nobody was being accused of being DEA agents.

I just think it has potential to be a really bad thing for you. Methamphetamine use among my people up here in New England has come like a tidle wave and it's making me very sad for the future of the community.
This is so freakin' true. Such an insidious and destructive drug. And I made every one of those justifications you mentioned. Every day and every time I exceeded what I thought would be " just this one time because I've been good ". I ruined a good part of my life with opioid addiction but I know in my heart had I ever gotten the meth addiction I would be dead or in Prison. I'm sure of it.

I can add my 2 cents but....just what I have seen in other people and what I have read on here. I have never tried it. Not a goody two shoes, just never liked being stimulated as I was always an anxious person so i preferred opies or benzos. I tried crack once about 10 years ago ( had a BF that said hey want some? ) and I had such an awful comedown ( horrible depression, anxiety, actual fear and such ) that I never did it again and was terrified of meth. Plus the fucker didn't tell me he had forgotten the Xanax in his pocket for me for after the session. Asshole.

So, with that out of the way. Congrats on the 5 years clean. I surely understand about needing the energy and determination for your work. Funnyy how some get that out of stims. I got mine from opioids. They made me productive, energetic and resourceful. Just like stims do for stim lovers.

If, and this is a big IF you have to ask yourself. Can you just microdose to get through your work day? Can you leave it alone on your days off? Can you really eat and sleep well on it? Are you eating, sniffing, or shooting it? Lots of variables for you to think about and be totally honest with yourself.

My opinion is this. If you can work everyday, eat, sleep, keep up with all of your responsibilities ( financial and otherwise ) if you need a drug to make your day a little easier I see nothing wrong with it. Please don't let it spiral out of control again. <3
Thank you for the thoughtful reply. It helped

I know all of that. That's why I'm so upset over getting back to this place. It was brought into my life again by a family member and I'm concerned but also trying to keep my shit together. On the bright side, it is allowing me to give my liver a break as I've almost stopped drinking liqour completely.

Please consider using Pramipexole..it's a pure, rapid acting and neuroprotective dopamine agonist. It helped me immensely after smoking an ounce of meth very quickly. The first 3 days off were awful but it quickly improved after that. It does carry a nausea and vomiting risk...but you should still try it anyways. I've taken huge doses and didn't get any side effects at all. It's probably the safest dopamine agonist on the market.
Can you explain this more? What purpose does it serve?

Please consider using Pramipexole..it's a pure, rapid acting and neuroprotective dopamine agonist. It helped me immensely after smoking an ounce of meth very quickly. The first 3 days off were awful but it quickly improved after that. It does carry a nausea and vomiting risk...but you should still try it anyways. I've taken huge doses and didn't get any side effects at all. It's probably the safest dopamine agonist on the market.

Use the pramipexole for what exactly ?

One of the problems with methamphetamine is that if you do it consistently with a particular activity (usually pleasurable or rewarding activities) your mind so closely associates the reward or pleasure with meth that it becomes impossible or very undesirable to do that activity without the meth. This is particularly noticeable in sex where meth and sex leads you being simultaneously being addicted to both. But I’ve seen it often with people and work, they quickly get to the point where they genuinely feel that work is impossible without meth. Because work is necessary, the meth then becomes necessary and they can become desperately anxious about having to try and do work without it. Be careful.

I've never had a problem using amphetamines this way but the issue that I see is that you've had a problem with this drug in the past.

My DOC is heroin and it's a real struggle to use any opioid in my circumstances. I worry that it might be the same with you and amphetamines. What are you going to do when/ if you realize that you are using too much but still have to work the long hours?

I've never had a problem using amphetamines this way but the issue that I see is that you've had a problem with this drug in the past.

My DOC is heroin and it's a real struggle to use any opioid in my circumstances. I worry that it might be the same with you and amphetamines. What are you going to do when/ if you realize that you are using too much but still have to work the long hours?
Yep. That's where the catch 22 comes in with meth. You still have your job, and you still have to work long hours but at this point you need the meth to do this daily. Now you can't quit mething because you can't quit your job. So now the downward spiral starts. Meth = work and you can't work without it.

Funny, but not funny at all. I would call in if I didn't have opioids to work on. I thought I worked better, did more, stayed cool, and did much better when on them. I absolutely could not go to work if I didn't have them in my system. One time I went in totally straight and couldn't do it. I wasn't sick or anything like that I just absolutely did not want to work straight. Pathetic, I know but I bet there are a ton of people like me. And with meth it would make it worse because you are used to all that energy. Man, such a vicious cycle.

Pumpkin I was exactly like you with opioids. Thought I was a super worker on them ( and I was pretty productive ).... but whatever extra I did was definitely offset by the days I was low or out of the shit and was either dragging ass or absent. People would only notice I had a drug problem when I was out of the shit.

But I feel like with amphetamines it would be a similar situation. Great if you can keep to a steady dose but part of the problem is going to be inconsistencies in product.... using more than intended... if you don't have it dragging ass. Etc etc. I think you a definitely more prone to the negative possibilities since you've already been down the road before.

If you insist I would suggest buying a largish quantity so you know the strength.... pre capping weighed up low doses and taking 1 in the morning ORALLY.

If you continue eating and drinking healthily, getting sleep and generally not upping use further, you probably will be ok for a while.

It is a better idea to adjust your work practices so you are not as stressed out instead as long term daily use is not sustainable and will inevitably cause chronic use health damage .

Its your life, you've already experienced what it can do so having a few days feeling a bit crappy then having a long break is not a big deal.

That second paragraph is very important.

I myself work in construction, there’s incentive to work long hours and weekends because the more you work the more you make. There’s also this ideology that you gotta work your body into the ground.

All the guys I’ve worked with used lots of stimulants to push harder and would often give me shit for not “trying harder.”

These same guys are all burnt out after a couple years, a couple lost their companies and are back working under someone else. I on the other hand am on my own still going strong.

Think long term, is this work pace sustainable 5yrs down the line? 10? The only time a non-sustainable work pace should be held is if there’s an end date in sight, like a single job or training.

-GC

I’ve been using meth just about daily for the past couple of months. I try to microdose as well, making sure that I’m able to eat and sleep. Like others have said, there just comes a point where you feel like you need more and more. Or like you can’t function without it. I don’t have a typical 9-5 so I don’t have to worry about being able to function for work. But as soon as I wake up, I’m headed for my stash. Whereas, I was only using at in the evening when I first started. If I don’t have any, I start to get extremely anxious. (Granted, I do take other prescription medication... so I’m usually able to quell the anxiety.) And even with rest and food and medication, I still have my freak outs and moments of psychosis sometimes.

I’ve been using meth just about daily for the past couple of months. I try to microdose as well, making sure that I’m able to eat and sleep. Like others have said, there just comes a point where you feel like you need more and more. Or like you can’t function without it. I don’t have a typical 9-5 so I don’t have to worry about being able to function for work. But as soon as I wake up, I’m headed for my stash. Whereas, I was only using at in the evening when I first started. If I don’t have any, I start to get extremely anxious. (Granted, I do take other prescription medication... so I’m usually able to quell the anxiety.) And even with rest and food and medication, I still have my freak outs and moments of psychosis sometimes.
Some of that ‘other prescription medication’ actually really exacerbates long term meth problems because it allows you to get away with taking a lot more than you otherwise might. Abilify is like that. I take twice as much meth when I’m on it and the comedowns barely exist so there is little disincentive to keep using it.

Some of that ‘other prescription medication’ actually really exacerbates long term meth problems because it allows you to get away with taking a lot more than you otherwise might. Abilify is like that. I take twice as much meth when I’m on it and the comedowns barely exist so there is little disincentive to keep using it.
Yep. The Seroquel allows me to sleep every night and the Lexapro controls the depression/anxiety that usually follows a binge. But I have to do soooo much more.

It's been a week, things seem okay. I only take a hit or two just before going to work, and then nothing for the rest of the day unless it's a day off. I'm having to smoke a lot of weed to eat enough though..