• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Meth and the Heart

Psychostimulant drugs?

This kind of has me wondering if pharmaceutical amphetamines then such as adderall/ritalin/focalin (sp?), and etcetera are guilty of producing the same negative health effects as methamphetamine can--just at a slower and lesser rate in cases of ritalin abuse for instance. Thx for inputs.
I was on 50mgx1 Vyvanse and 20mgx3 Adderall per day for fatigue and after a week I had normal blood pressure and pulse rate. Normal sleep patterns.

Yes. And while amphetamines aren't as damaging to the heart as cocaine in general, they can still be bad for your heart.
A gram of methamphetamine is way more damaging to the heart than a gram of cocaine.

Do an eight ball of cocaine and the next night you're sleeping like a baby.

Do an 8 ball of methamphetamine, You're up for 3 or 4 days with your heart beating out of your chest.

A gram of methamphetamine is way more damaging to the heart than a gram of cocaine.

Do an eight ball of cocaine and the next night you're sleeping like a baby.

Do an 8 ball of methamphetamine, You're up for 3 or 4 days with your heart beating out of your chest.
Sure. But they're not equipotent and they don't have the same length of action. And yeah, cocaine is notoriously bad for the cardiovascular system. I'm not saying meth is good for the heart, but cocaine has been proven to be terribly damaging to the heart.

Sure. But they're not equipotent and they don't have the same length of action. And yeah, cocaine is notoriously bad for the cardiovascular system. I'm not saying meth is good for the heart, but cocaine has been proven to be terribly damaging to the heart.
That's my point. Gram for gram methamphetamine is much more damaging to the heart than cocaine.

And yes, there's plenty of published data about just how bad methamphetamine is for the heart.

Methcathinones (what the media has incorrectly labeled "bath salts") are much more damaging to the heart than methamphetamine.

Substituted phenethylamines with a methylenedioxy group, are likely the most cardiotoxic because they can directly activate 5-HT receptors in the heart and cause valvular heart disease where the only cure is valve replacement and in some cases there's nothing that can be done after long-term abuse.

That's my point. Gram for gram methamphetamine is much more damaging to the heart than cocaine.

And yes, there's plenty of published data about just how bad methamphetamine is for the heart.
I'm not trying to argue that meth isn't bad for your heart.

Cocaine is just more acutely cardiotoxic. Look at overdose death rates.

I'm not trying to argue that meth isn't bad for your heart.

Cocaine is just more acutely cardiotoxic. Look at overdose death rates.
And I say look at the amount of cocaine in those overdose deaths. If people use the same amount of meth, there would be a lot more meth overdoses.

And we haven't even talked about methcathinones. Some have fatal doses of 500 mg. Explicitly due to Vasoconstriction and extreme norepinephrine production and cardiac arrest.