NEMD Metal Up Your Ass! The MetalHeads Thread v.VIVIVI

Yeah I was really bummed when they fired Tarja. I think that was a huge mistake. I felt similarly when Pantera broke up. It's a shame to see bands break up or lose crucial members.

To be honest, I think Tarja sucked. She wasn't really a good singer (IMO) but she did suit the music. I think Floor Jansen is the best singer they have had; have you seen their live performance (2013 I think)? It is really fucking awesome. Tarja was too out-of-tune, Annette was a bit poppy, but Floor is perfect. Really cool band...

Do you have an opinion on Immortal breaking up and then reforming without Abbath? Now that I simply cannot accept! :| He basically is Immortal. Demonaz is just their lyricist, and let s not forget what Immortal's lyrics are about. :D Horgh is a good drummer, but Abbath writes and arranges all the music, and plays all the guitars and sings/croaks. He is 85% of the band...

To be honest, I think Tarja sucked. She wasn't really a good singer (IMO) but she did suit the music. I think Floor Jansen is the best singer they have had; have you seen their live performance (2013 I think)? It is really fucking awesome. Tarja was too out-of-tune, Annette was a bit poppy, but Floor is perfect. Really cool band...

Hmmm, I'm going to have to respectfully disagree. I mean Tarja out of tune? I certainly never heard her be even in a few live videos I watched, plus she's a classically trained opera singer. As far as anything else I've only listened to maybe two newer Nightwish songs without Tarja so I guess I can't really say too much. The other vocalists were decent but to me didn't quite compare to Tarja.

Do you have an opinion on Immortal breaking up and then reforming without Abbath? Now that I simply cannot accept! :| He basically is Immortal. Demonaz is just their lyricist, and let s not forget what Immortal's lyrics are about. :D Horgh is a good drummer, but Abbath writes and arranges all the music, and plays all the guitars and sings/croaks. He is 85% of the band...

I wasn't even aware that they broke up, thanks for depressing me even more lol. But yeah, I agree. No Abbath= no Immortal. They should at least change their name. The funny thing is Abbath's new band will likely sound just like Immortal.

^Ha, sorry to be the bearer of bad news. But then again, we have Immortal and Abbath albums (maybe) to look forward to. That could be something.

Re: Tarja. I felt during the End of an Era concert, her voice just sounded fucked. I think she created an illusion in the metal world of being really talented, simply because she did that operatic stuff. It suited the music, but the new singer Floor Jansen is fucking awesome. Check out their live show at Wacken, really great energy (though some mistakes, first gig etc.)

How about some epic doom? These guys do the nordic/Bathory thing way better then Bathory IMO. Ereb Altor from Sweden. First albums were epic doom before becoming more blackened folky. Early album is great. Simple heavy riffs, big reverb, slow simple drums. Quite amateurish but powerful...

Saw Uncle Acid and The Deadbeats tonight. Of course I got myself in the spirit of things and tripped at the show, and holy shit was I impressed. Definitely a better experience than combining LSD and BTBAM.

I'll Cut You Down- Uncle Acid and the deadbeats: http://youtu.be/zfNHX5k9N-A

Also, post 666! \m/

^I dig those guys, really awesome production in use...

Been listening to a fair bit of Agalloch.

I wasn't even aware that they broke up, thanks for depressing me even more lol. But yeah, I agree. No Abbath= no Immortal. They should at least change their name. The funny thing is Abbath's new band will likely sound just like Immortal.

Hey nutty, this is a 'live-studio' recording of a new track by Abbath, thought you'd be interested :):

Dunno what I think of it.... Bit too Damned in Black, but I'll check it out a bit further...

The latest Mayhem album did a lot to revitalize my interest in Black/Death Metal, prior to its release I really hadn't listened to much Metal since high school (~2008 ).

After spinning the record for a week straight and plumbing the depths of Youtube for similar stuff, I came across a new personal favorite:

Good stuff, especially if you're into the more atmospheric side of Black Metal (ala Wolves in the Throne Room, Leviathan, etc).

Parkway Drive's IRE is getting the just play currently, and then I'll mix some of the new Disturbed, Lamb of God, and Soilwork in.

But the new Parkway has me jamming pretty fucking good.

The latest Mayhem album did a lot to revitalize my interest in Black/Death Metal, prior to its release I really hadn't listened to much Metal since high school (~2008 ).

I haven't listened to that enough, but I'll have to chuck it on again. I find black metal to be sort of difficult to enjoy these days, but there are some gems out there. The new Leviathan album, Scar Sighted, kicks ass. Has a real Deathspell Omega, Blut Aus Nord-esque sound to it; black as fuck.

Have you heard the new Gorgoroth?

^Hmm, forgot about them...

Been working my way through Darkthrone's discography again. Fucking brilliant band. Currrently up to Total Death:

I'm enjoying the new album by Amorphis, Under the Red Cloud. Typically melodic with some awesome synth sounds in there. Bit too much harsh vocals which I don't think fit with their music, but he has a fucking set of lungs on him...

But right now, Bathory: