L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Met this amazing guy but he has bad teeth

H

helpme456

So I met this really good guy and we really clicked. We kissed and even had sex. It felt right and usually that does not happen for me. Talking also came easy and the way I felt when he held me was indescribable. He is pretty attractive to me but he isn't necessarily my type at all.

I am not shallow but I know I am pretty good looking and people think I am beautiful. So it's not as if I can't find someone who fits my standards but I don't necessarily need to. I like giving everyone a chance and if we connect then we connect.

However this guy has a couple what looks like decaying teeth which start near his gum line. It's in the front of his mouth and I tried to ignore it but I couldn't! He is a smoker and so I don't know if it's from that or what. He isn't a drug user by the way. I don't know what to do because he is such a good guy and has treated me good so far but his teeth :( What do I do?! I know he wants a relationship with me and at the same time I wouldn't mind. Then again the teeth issue is making me think I should runaway. I feel so shallow for this.

I just don't want anything happening to my mouth because of kissing him and I couldn't imagine him giving me oral sex without cringing a little.

Should I pass up this really good guy because of his teeth or try to work around it? What do I do?

Tell him to do a thing for these two bad teeth. Tell him he could be much better looking if he whitened them, for example.

I'm sure he'll do it for you if he really likes you.

So it is like he doesn't take care of them? Or just bad luck with his teeth?

If it's him being unhygienic and not taking care of them then that would be kind of a dealbreaker for me. I couldn't handle being with someone who wasn't clean/hygienic. It's a big deal for me and is for many others.
If it's just kind of bad luck... he happened to have bad teeth or whatever, then I'd try to figure out how to fix it, if that was possible. Or how to make it better at least.

You should stay with him.
I broke up with a great girl because I felt her gums were too big, should have stuck with it.
Beauty is a curse to a degree because you brought up a great example in how we judge our appearance on the one's we're close with, but I can empathize.
Some people surround themselves with only other people that are on par with their own looks, some choose the opposite to feel better about themselves.
Something tells me the teeth thing has always been an issue but he still checks all the other boxes, so something tells me his personality outweighs the two teeth that could be fixed.

How are your feelings about gold teefus?
You could always get a him a gold grill......:D

move comment to teeth thread messed up teeth thread

I don't know whether his teeth are that way because of smoking or being unhygienic, or what. I didn't ask. I don't know how to ask. I don't know what to do because there is no way I cannot talk to him about it but at the same time I don't know how. I am too nice of a person but even nice people have standards. I am sort of upset because I feel as if this could grow into a serious relationship if I let it. However the teeth make me think about saying fuck it and running the other way. I feel shallow for it and I feel like I could possibly regret it but at the same time I might not.

Depends how bad they look.

My teeth are discolored.. there is no way for me to get them pure white, so i could care less if the person i'm interested in has stained teeth.. but if there all crooked and mangled, that would be an issue for me. In what sense are they decaying? They've turned black'ish? For me that would be a major problem.

I was with a guy who had no teeth on top at all and a few on the bottom it didn't bother me at all i still thought he smile was adorable! It was easy for in love me to look past honestly now days toothless guys turn me on .

to be fair look at danny brown, he has no teeth but he's fucking hot man!

Teeth are an absolute deal breaker for me. Doesn't help your situation, but at least you're not the only person who has this issue.

op-deal breaker for me sorry

Teeth are an absolute deal breaker for me. Doesn't help your situation, but at least you're not the only person who has this issue.

I've got to admit that it would be a deal breaker for me also. If you have noticed them, then he has, and he should expect you to at least mention them. If its through bad hygiene or illness and he hasn't had them seen to - still the same thing.

they are the visual key to how well you look after yourself and by proxy everything else in your life.

if they are all bad get em out n get dentures, dont just leave stinkin dirty lumps there. every rotten tooth (3- wisdom tooth related) i had has come out. i didnt leave it cos they make your breath stink so much

Idk what's so hard about this.

Bring it it up to him and see if positive changes are on the horizon.

If if its not up to your standards move on. If you have perfect teeth you'll want someone on your level teeth-wise lol

i eat healthy and exercise and keep my body looking fit and good therefor I will never date a fatty. I'm not asking for a model but if I have expectations that need to be met for attraction. As do you

If you are feeling down and want some compliments feel free to send me some pics :))

Pretty sure most dental problems can be fixed. Bringing it up to him would probably make him self-conscious and lose confidence with you but maybe not. I don't like my nose, everyone has something about themselves they don't like. But I get where you are coming from, a totally busted grill is hard to deal with.

I look fit but don't have to work out. I have good teeth but just brush and floss. I am reasonably attractive but didn't put in work to get that way. Don't pat yourself on the back too much when it comes to looks, some things we don't earn or necessarily deserve but they can also be taken away from us. Everyone's looks and teeth fade at some point. The important thing is the connection, that can be truly hard to find and you might not find it again. You can learn to love the way somebody looks and appreciate the things that are imperfect about them regardless of what level you appraise yourself at.

How's the breath? That's the real deal breaker.

Sounds a bit shallow on the initial impression until you started describing how it was bad. I have minor crooked teeth so I consider that bad teeth but I take care of them and they arent blackened. That would be a deal breaker for me.

Sounds a bit shallow on the initial impression until you started describing how it was bad. I have minor crooked teeth so I consider that bad teeth but I take care of them and they arent blackened. That would be a deal breaker for me.

crooked teeth and rotten stinking teeth are very different indeed

Can he afford to see a dentist? Maybe he needs fillings, if he can still get them (gum line is usually a lost cause)... A lot of us have money problems - but if you can afford dental work and don't get it... that is kind of stupid. But also, he could have dental issues, even tho he takes care of them. I lost two teeth in the last 12 months, it sucks. With insurance (blah) - it would cost about $2000+ to get an implant to replace it... which is my goal, if I do it quick enough.

For FWB / one-nighters- bad teeth don't matter... its a hit-it-quit-it thing.

With my wife, when we first meet, I realized she was missing some of her front teeth - hidden by a partial. I think it took me a week to figure out why the gums looked odd as well as some of the teeth. By that time, we were very much in love... it would be another week when we bring it up (I forgot how it came up). But she was so embarrassed... it took a lot for her to talk about. Like it was a secret. I told her, I already figured it out. Her teeth issues are nothing compared to our love for each other.

She said I'll never see her without her teeth in. I laughed, since we were engaged and was soon moving in with me... that it'll happen. Only took about two months.

I kiss and french kiss her without her teeth, even while making love. I do this to show her how much I love her, that I love the real her - not fake/whatever teeth.
For blow jobs, there are advantages... :)

If his front teeth are decayed you don't want to think about how bad his back molars would be.

Deal breaker in my opinion