• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Mescaline

That's right. I was kinda scared (ie respectful) of NBOMe chems before i tried one.
As it turned out, i had a sample of both 25i and 25c - and only ever tried the 25c.
I really enjoyed it, but was happy to leave it at a single experience.
So I am glad i tried it, liked it - but felt no compulsion to do it again or push the limits of it.
This is not how i approached drugs like LSD or psilocybin - i always wanted to see how far they would take me.
But the risks of the NBOMe series were apparent enough to tread with extreme caution. And i have no regrets about experimenting, or passing up further trials, because i found it enjoyable, though not worth the risk, ultimately.
One of the most unique psychedelic experiences i've ever had, to be honest.

Interesting :D Unique how? Did you write a report?

Very similarly I also set a limit for myself for use of MDA.. The neurotoxicity (if not availability by the way) makes the burden or cost heavy, so it will have to remain a sort of once-in-a-lifetime thing. I added a little bit of MDA to my MDMA the only time I have taken it thus far, because I didn't want to be full-on tripping on NYE when cozy together with my girlfriend... so I have not yet used that token fully ;p
I am also hesitant to say whether I will ever try more NBOMe's... I still have my -E, iPr, G possibly, N, I, B, T4... not to mention the other N-benzyls like the NBMD or NBF, lol if there are a lot of them saying 'I will try each one once' can still be quite a bit more than I am probably willing to take.

I never did write a report because i didn't really make adequate notes to do so.
Looking back on that era of experimentation, i now wish i had done so - but some of the insights i had - many of which were actually presented to me in the form of elaborately multi-faceted hallucinations - took areas of my life and presented them to me in totally different, and meaningful perspectives; in a manner that was completely unlike previous psychedelic experiences.
It all felt extremely 'new' and like some kind of evolution in thought, self-reflection and self-awareness.

It may have been closely related to my preconceptions of NPS psychedelics vs "classic" psychedelics - in that i approached it with a completely different mindset - but i found 25c-NBOMe to be anything but "shallow", as some claim the NBOMe series to be - it was eye-candy packed with revelation, self reflection and detailed, flowing thoughts about social hierarchies and interpersonal perception, which i suppose was on my mind at the time.
One of the most interesting - and trippy - phenethylamine psychs i have used to date (i have used a range of 2c-x compounds, mescaline analogues and mescaline itself) but i was also happy to "hang up the phone" once i'd received the message, to use an old psychedelic cliche.

While I think the shock-factor is appropriate, the nuance of course is that there is a difference between trying an NBOMe and abusing them.

Yes, absolutely :) There is a huge difference.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy 25I-NBOMe and 25C-NBOMe when I did try them, I did. They were just more shallow and speedy than LSD. But with the 25I, I was in a situation (a week long festival) were I noticed how extreme the tolerance to other 5HT2a agonists were. I litterally couldn't feel 100 ug of LSD or 15 mg of 4-AcO-DMT several days later because of the NBOMe.

That scared me, and it was even before people started dying.

I never experienced such severe tolerance with any other psychdelic before. Sure, trip on acid one night, and you just need a bit more the next. It's not like that with NBOMe's. Believe me.

Ever heard of people taking 10 mg of 25I-NBOMe in one night, and still keep it together? (of cause you have :) ).......Ever heard of anyone taking 10 mg of LSD in one night, and still keeping their shit tight? I don't think so.

NBOMe causes crazy 5HT2a tolerance, and it just can't be wholesome for your receptors. The proof is in threads around here on bluelight, if you look for people who abused NBOMe's, you can find threads with people who got irreversible permanent tolerance from abusing them.
I'm drunk btw, so 'scuse me, solipsis, for the unecessary rant :) I know we're on the same page.

but some of the insights i had - many of which were actually presented to me in the form of elaborately multi-faceted hallucinations - took areas of my life and presented them to me in totally different, and meaningful perspectives; in a manner that was completely unlike previous psychedelic experiences.
It all felt extremely 'new' and like some kind of evolution in thought, self-reflection and self-awareness.

i found 25c-NBOMe to be anything but "shallow", as some claim the NBOMe series to be - it was eye-candy packed with revelation, self reflection and detailed, flowing thoughts about social hierarchies and interpersonal perception, which i suppose was on my mind at the time.

One of the most interesting - and trippy - phenethylamine psychs i have used to date (i have used a range of 2c-x compounds, mescaline analogues and mescaline itself) but i was also happy to "hang up the phone" once i'd received the message, to use an old psychedelic cliche.

Wow, quite a pitch. I had a feeling with some small use this could be an interesting substance. I'll never get to try it at this point, but when I read all the "horrible" things I figured it was opinion. (except for the very real physical dangers that are documented and need to be heeded.). I read all kinds of horrible things about Salvia yet it is a great ally for me. So someone was going to find the gem in this. Thanks Spacejunk. I think it is important to tell all the stories.

I doubt tolerance is permanent with either these or the synthetic cannabinoids. So I think with time the OP can have nice trips on the classics again.

But mescaline, which I have had the pleasure of meeting, is a wonderful substance that leads to a wonderful day (or night). Go into it with no tolerance. :)

Wow, quite a pitch. I had a feeling with some small use this could be an interesting substance. I'll never get to try it at this point, but when I read all the "horrible" things I figured it was opinion. (except for the very real physical dangers that are documented and need to be heeded.). I read all kinds of horrible things about Salvia yet it is a great ally for me. So someone was going to find the gem in this. Thanks Spacejunk. I think it is important to tell all the stories.
Hehe, thanks - i think it is good to get the good with the bad; i found some value in 25c-NBOMe - more than most people seem to report, anyway.
I just hope it didn't come off as a "pitch" in the sense that i'm advocating it! Nothing could be further from the truth, frankly.
Never before have a taken a drug once, enjoyed it - but decided not to do it again.

Mescaline, on the other hand - my favourite entheogen/empathogen by far.
I would happily never take MDMA again, but hope to come across mescaline at least a few more times.
Psychedelics are special enough to me that i have no compulsion to use them with any regularity; yet i've had a past history of addiction with stimulants, cannabis, various downers, opiates etc.
This is one of the things i truly love about psychs - i can sustain healthy relationships with them, which i love.

^ By pitch I mean opinion. :) And yours is respected.

I know certain substances hit people differently, so it is interesting to hear some positive things about such a negatively reviewed substance. If you read peoples opinion on Salvia it could steer other people away yet some people have worked with it and found it a great ally. So I sort of was waiting for that positive review of an NBOMe. Even if one of the insights was this only works once. ;) That people have died from use may be due to so many other factors, yet it is enough to have me be cautious should I ever come upon it. (doubtful)

Yes, mescaline is a favorite of mine too. I only ever had it in cactus form, but had some great very long insightful trips with it.