• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines [Mescaline Subthread] Synthetic / Pure Mescaline - Dosage & Methods of Administration

Solipsis, I know that your response is quite old but I thought about it a lot and finally could make sense of my MDMA experience. When I go though all of my memories in clubs (99% of the time sober) I had rare cases of a such overstimulation. Not nearly as bad but very much alike. I guess the MDMA just made it a lot stronger and very unpleasant. Still, I do not want to do MDMA anymore. Somehow it feels wrong :(

What I thought about for the upcoming festival season would be a low dose of mescaline HCl (50-70 mg) with a medium stimulant like coffee or chocamine. 70 mg of mescaline HCl might be too trippy for me but 50 mg might do the job. I tend to enjoy music a lot on mescaline and I remember that dancing in my living room was quite cool. The problem is that I get very calm on mescaline and the stimulant effect is not that pronounced for me.

I did some research and combining mescaline with (a low to medium dose of) caffeine seems to be rather safe. On DMT Nexus some people tried it and claim it makes the trip stronger - which I would take with a grain of salt. Still, this could be an option.

An other option would be chocamine. The only real hint of someone else thinking about this came from this thread. I could find some sources claiming that cacao contains a maoi, which would make the combination somewhat shaky. I read accounts from Mexico that claim that it is a common practice to dring chocolate with psilocybin mushrooms to enhance the effects.

What I could see as well is that it could prolong the effects of the mescaline as the PEA in the chocamine would compete against the mescaline at the enzymes. I would not expect this effect to be to strong as wikipedia stats that "20% and 50% of mescaline is excreted in the urine unchanged".

Any thoughts on this? I guess it would be safe to go with the caffeine - the devil you know is the devil you want. I do not like to party on caffeine though. The feeling is not too nice.

Last edited:
IMO the best way to potentiate Mescaline is to take more Mescaline or take MAOI beforehand or together. If deciding to try MAOI, please do a web research first - it could be fatally dangerous in certain combinations!

100-150mg of Harmaline boosts up Mescaline effects 2-3 folds for me usually so I can cut on Mesc dosages.

And I can see Mescaline being used at a festival, as long as you are comfortable with it's action. Mescaline is quite stimulating by itself if taken enough, more so if taken with Harmaline. If too much taken, you might as well forget about the festival as the inner visions will become very persistent =D

Careful once again, if going to a festival and preloaded beforehand with some MAOI, never take anything there to be safe and alive!

Volsam,

Thanks for your reply. Perhaps I was not too precise with my description in my post, my apologies. I do not intend to potentiate the mescaline - in this case I would just take more, as you said.

The problem is that the stimulating component of mescaline is missing for me. It made me very calm and lethargic. Thus, I was looking for stimulant to combine it with. Therefore I was thinking about caffeine or chocamine.

The problem is that the stimulating component of mescaline is missing for me.
^^^
I see your point now. Well, I like to eat raw chocolate beans, especially when I'm on acid and they do give a slight increase of energy and mix very well with strong mate tea.

But if looking to get more straightforward stimulation, why not look into supplementing a little dose of amphetamine (or any of it's derivatives) or any other direct DA/NE stimulant?

Addition of LSD always speed things up. Addition of Allylescaline seems to increase stimulating properties of Mescaline for me as well. 4-HO-EPT combined with Mescaline really well and definitely added a lot of extra stimulation. I'm sure there are lots of other psychs that could be successfully combined with Mescaline to bring more stimulation and psychedelia out.

I have even combined Mescaline (250mg) with bk-2C-B (100mg) once and had a very stimulating and very visual 20+ hours trip with "killer" waves of emotional overflow - it was fun but not sure if I ever want to repeat it...:D

If you're still thinking about caffeine option, go for strong mate tea instead! Some mate teas are blended with added mint and guarana seed extract and are perfect for such occasions IMO ;)

Amphetamines make the trip much more linear for me, it makes a big difference for the sort of thought patterns and can detract from the full potential somehow.

I don't even really know why mescaline should be stimulating, and find caffeine jittery and would only really take it together with theanine in such a situation. Are you still taking low doses drseltsam? Cause as with AMT the dosage can make a difference for lethargic vs stimulating effects....

Personally I am skeptical that you can just substitute stimulating effects for other stimulating effects, they are certainly not all the same...

Volsam,

haha. These are some interesting suggestions. I do not have amphetamine as I was never interested in it but I guess it would do the job ;) I am a bit reluctant as I do not want to buy stuff from the black market any more (I read a book on how drug cartels work recently and ever since I do not want to give them more money). As for the other combinations: I guess I am just too much of a coward to do these things...

Why do you think mate would be superior to coffee or caffeine pills? As the release is slower?

Solipsis,

I guess it is the dominant opinion that mescaline is stimulating (source1, source2) but as with many drugs, this is not true for everyone. When I took 15 mg I felt a slight stimulating effect, with 80 mg it was hard to tell as I was getting ill with a common cold at the same time. I had moments when the music was sounding fantastic and I wanted to dance and I had some time when I was laying in my bed. 160 mg made me very lethargic and I lay down on my sofa, snuggled up to my girlfriend and a friend and went inwards.

Thus the idea was to take something between 50-80 mg, some caffeine around the 1.5 h mark and see how it goes. Perhaps take a supplement of 10-20 mg around the 3 hour mark. Don't you think that a part of the lethargy could be countered by the caffeine?

drseltsam, are you sure you are talking about mescaline?... I can't tell if I feel much if anything on 100mg of Mescaline by itself. Is it cactus extract you are using or synthetic stuff? If it's active in 20-30mg dosages, then it is most likely not Mescaline (or you are very sensitive to phens) and I'd suggest to double check your sources to be safe.

I prefer mate tea over coffee for it's longer lasting and higher euphoria inducing effects. IMO better than coffee for stimulating properties but I still like the taste of good espresso!... ;)

For me Mescaline is always pretty stimulating. Mind stimulating, imagination stimulating, bodily stimulating, but not like amphetamines, not forced, and rather organic if it makes sense. On a high dosage it can be quite uncomfortably stimulating though.

I tried to point this out before: it's very possible that you're not taking high enough doses to get the real stimulant effect and some lethargic, possibly serotonergic, activity takes over at those lower dosages. You could try to fight the lethargy but that wouldn't give you the activity of mescaline at higher doses, only taking higher doses would really do that.

If you don't take full doses, don't be surprised if you don't get te full effects. I mean: nobody ever said you had to, but to some extent you can't have your cake and eat it, too.

Volsam I guess I am just very sensitive to PEAs. We had this discussion in an other thread at which point you would actually say that you feel the effect of a drug - with no one less than Solipsis. I can feel mescaline down to 15 mg, 2C-B to 2.5 mg, and MDMA between 10-20 mg. In call cases the effects are very mild and usually short lasting but still there. I am not sure why this is the case - I have some ideas but this is a discussion for an other thread.

I am pretty sure that I have mescaline. I extracted it from Peruvian Torch, washed with Acetone/IPA, and tried to recrystallise from Acetone. The result were perfectly white crystals which showed the correct reactions against a Marquis and Mandelin. I have no access to a GC/MS or an NMR to do the final check but common sense tells me that this is mescaline.

Solipsis,

The aim is not to get full mescaline effects without taking a full dose - I am sorry if my post sounded like this. When taking more mescaline I focus very much inwards and go to some kind of trance - which I don't want to do on a festival :D In fact, I am looking for something like MDMA which is not MDMA. As mescaline, even at this low doses, greatly enhances music for me, I thought I just need a little bit of stimulation and I have a MDMA replacement.

And yes, you may absolutely be right that mescaline gets more stimulatory at higher levels. I will try a higher dose in summer or so and report back. But what do you mean with serotonergic? I do not think mescaline alone causes serotonin syndrome, or do you mean something else?

I think he just means serotonergic effects, which is the term used to describe drugs that works through the serotonin receptors.

Yes ^

It can be difficult to really recreate MDMA effects especially well with other drugs, but a rough similarity can be achieved by the right balance of monoaminergic effects: on serotonin, norepinephrin and dopamine (though also things like oxytocin and cortisol)...
Ideally if you want to steer a drug more in the MDMA direction, you add a drug that fills in something lacking in that picture.
Although mescaline doesn't release serotonin, it tends to be empathogenic... I think if you want to make it more MDMA-like you ought to capitalize on adding stimulants with dopaminergic and norepinephrinergic effect, however such drugs might also sober up the head high, so I would be really careful not to ruin the mescaline feeling.

Caffeine works very differently and is not in the same league in my opinion

..so I would be really careful not to ruin the mescaline feeling...
^^^
That sums it up for me! Mescaline is awesome as it is or in combos with indoles but if trying to recreate MDMA, I think there are other ways, depending on whats available of course.

Try adding 300-600mg of Phenibut and 500-800mg of Agmatine to whatever you are taking (and don't take too much caffeine), both are OTC supplements but both are able to bring up the entactogenic effects for me in combinations with lots of other stuff. I'm becoming quite amazed with Agmatine's effects lately...(sorry for off-topic)

Those sound a little too relaxing for trying to get a bit more stimulation. If you must use caffeine, take some theanine with it to offset any jitteriness - they interact. With other stimulants like dexamph there may be quite different tradeoffs like the shallowing/flattening of the experience. IMO there are hardly cleaner stims than dexamphetamine and you really don't need much at all to get a little stimulated - so just dose that very low and you should get the stimulation you're looking for with only limited effect on the mesc trip.

Having read your advice I have to change what I want: I want to take a non-psychedelic dose mescaline at a festival to enjoy the music enhancement and add something to it that counters the lethargic effects.

Volsam, I will look into these substances. Thanks for the advice :)

Solipsis, I do not have access to dexamphetamine. I guess I would by the sulphate salt on the black market and would have to clean it. I agree that a low dose of this shouldn't be much more than a mid dose of caffeine.

Today I took 450 mg of chocamine plus (which contained 70 mg of theobromine and 45 mg of caffeine). This could also work as it gave me plenty of energy for quite some time without the jitteriness. I will try 600 mg on the day after tomorrow to see what a higher dose does.

I had the connect in New England 1973-1974

Whenever I get good synthetic masculine first thing I do is make up as many 500 milligrams caps as I have mescaline available. I take mescaline in 500 mg increments. One capsule it's just enough to get up go to school with, just a taste, a tease. I generally like to trip twice a week until I run out as long as it takes. 4, 5, 6 at a time maybe eight at once was a normal day dosage for me having developed and maintained quite a tolerance.

At one point I had a pound of peyote which was not for resale. I had an internship that summer in U Maine at Orano. The peyote lasted the whole summer long and I shared with a lot of people. We would go down to Acadia national Park Saturday and Sunday dropping the peyote as we drove away from campus knowing it was half an hour leisurely drive to where we had breakfast on the way to the park I personally like to vomit up the peyote after mescaline been absorbed. I would vomit in the bathroom of the restaurant where we had breakfast. I found that is minimize the cramping which many people experience towards the end, when the peak wears off you start to come down eat you cramp up your intestines feel like they're cramping up on you little bit. Many people are tempted to drink a beer or to to relieve the cramping. The problem is that 15% of all people worldwide I us are susceptible to alcoholism and these people we'll go from having had a nice mescaline experience to falling down drunk in the matter of an hour or two. It's inappropriate to even suggest this as a method of relieving the cramping. If you've vomit then a few hits to weed will do the same job and not only that it will help prolong your visuals. It's a win win situation.

Alcohol is a hard drug alcohol is a dangerous drug. Alcohol is one of two drugs which I'm aware of that can kill you if you go through on un-medically supervised withdrawal. The other is barbiturates which is a schedule 1 drug. If alcohol was discovered today and had to be scheduled on the schedule 1 to schedule 5. what schedule would you think it would be given the fact that is in fact free almost free availablel to children via their parents liquor cabinets. Schedule 5 perhaps. I say schedule 1 for the following reasons; the last two side effects listed in order of severity from least to most severe would be grand mal seizures and death.

The most masculine and never took in one dose was half an ounce of pure synthetic HCl. 14 g straight up it lasted me about 12 hours and was the most satisfying mess coolest experience ever had in my life such that all other consequently all other experiences since then were a slight disappointment to me. Of course that when I took that at my friends college spring weekend Saturday day the highlight of the week of their spring break week I haven't already tripped on much much lower doses of mescaline virtually every day prior to that Saturday so five days in row I took 500 mg mescaline capsules which I handmade which were the standard those on the east coast for the college scene in new England. For approximately 2 years running. I had to connect through a guy I met at UMass Amherss for a large-scale synthetic mescaline operation headquartered somewhere on the east coast I never knew I never wanted to know where it was or how much they were making oh I new was we had as much as we can handle servicing a approximately 200 colleges day in day out week in and week out and all I didn't was call the guy who made the deliveries week for weekly route covered all 200 colleges so he was making deliveries once a week to each and everyone of these colleges personally delivering whatever they needed and all I did was make sure that he was on schedule. He would call me saying I just hit such and such a college first thing in the morning and that at noontime I'll be somewhere else. I putting $1200 a week into my own pocket to pay for my on-campus needs at the college which I was personally attending, one of the 200. It was Vassar College and as a member of the first coed class the first year they went coed there were seven women for every guy and at least 50% of the guys were gay or bisexual leaving the rest of the women to the very few guys that were in my dorm since is it exactly that were helplessly heterosexual. We had one guy maybe having sex with some girl that he just met at the pub on campus where you could drink and you would walk home and you never even set foot on public public road for public property. And there would be a girl drunk pounding on the door of his going room saying please open the door I want to fuck you, please open the door and she didn't realize he was already in there having sex. He used to schedule girls. He'd say honey I can't get with you today but next Tuesday at two in the afternoon when I'm have a break between classes I can fit you in and they were grateful for the opportunity. I did okay myself having no real experience with this type of situation I barely availed myself of the opportunities that were offered to me. I turned down a two guys on one girl situation because I knew that once I get going the other guys never going to get a chance to step in because I'm going to go for it until the woman can't take it anymore and the girl to this day believes that I did it because I was shy and didn't wanted be doing it front of another guy.

A should bring a handful of the 500 mg mescalines to every party I went to on campus and sometimes I did every party on campus, just to check in. I give out one hit to each person wanted one who wasn't already drunk over doing some other inappropriate incompatible drug i.e. they were sober or just smoking weed. I would give a hit free. One time two girls showed up at a party after I given away all the mescaline in my pocket. She insisted that I take her car back to campus as this was a one of very few off-campus parties that I attended it was about a mile back to school so I was glad to take her keys and drive her car guess which car it was it was a luxury Mercedes think about one of the most awesome and most exclusive Mercedes limousines ever made the most classic year of the models that were made. It was a Mercedes 600 limo with the optional I believe Sony color TV mounted center behind the front seat such that the rear passengers were watching the TV. If it wasn't later sold to Ringo Starr. He obtained one identical to this particular car. I have had about four beers and I had trouble parking it because it was so long I was used to parking normal size muscle cars and so it took me an extra 20 minutes or so to get back to the party girls were still waiting very impatiently and I as a gesture to make it up to them for being late I gave each girl two hits instead of one and they promptly both gobbled them down before I said a word about maybe take one now and save one later. To this day I don't know her name. I'm sure I could figure out from the short list of people have owned one who her parents were.

Just one of many adventures I went on at that time in college it seems like nothing really out of the ordinary at the time but in retrospect it was fairly unique experience. And the only reason I want to Vassar was because the woman next door to my parents house was the New England alumni coordinator or somesuch thing. I had gotten onto the waiting list for admission into Brown University i.e. I was not excepted straight out I declined to pursue enrolling at Brown because I knew in the deep inside of me that the way I was partying the first college I went to would probably be the first college I dropped out of and I didn't want it to be Brown because my dad's an alum and it would've reflected very poorly on him.

That's my story and I'm sticking to. See my newbie intro for further adventures.

Yesterday I tried 55 mg of decently purified extract from Peruvian Torch combined with 600 mg of Chocamine. After 2h I added an other 15 mg of mescaline and some caffeine containing energy drink, perhaps 100 ml over one hour. I did this at a private, very small outdoor psytrance party at a river.

As usual, the come up with mescaline was about 2h. The come up was very smooth, no problems. The core effects last for 60-90 minutes. No crash afterwards. By the 4.5h mark I could cycle again.

When the main effects were off, I could feel the caffein effects but not before.

The effects re-assembled MDMA to some kind. I could loose myself in the music very easily and forget everything around me while dancing. All senses were heighten. When walking, I felt nearly weightless and more of an observer to what I was doing than the person who was doing something. No OEV or CEV.

I would guess that the Chocamine was not really effective. I tried it several times now and it does not seem to work to flight fatigue or tiredness in the evening or night. I also would say that the 15mg booster was a waste of material.

Perhaps there is a synergy between mescaline and caffeine. I would need to test a bit more :)

To label things you have not achieved yourself as made up is obnoxious. All higher realms of experience we have encountered would be thought fake to the average Joe. A lot of what Carlos Castaneda wrote is only as clear as his interruption of Don Juan's teachings. I thought the books talked of experiences that were impossible until this year after smoking salvia divonorum and a small hit of dmt. It was the plants that spoke to me. It suggested the dmt.