• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Mescaline like RC?

Yer lucky if that is the effect you got from DOM. However, this is the first time I have ever heard that compassion and I'd caution anyone from taking DOM with the idea it will be mescaline-like.

At what dosage are you talking? I think I took a blotter with 6 on it - never went far beyond that. Perhaps at higher doses it's a different drug. At 6 it's as close to mescaline as you can get.

Escaline and Proscaline are probably the closest structurally that you won't have too much difficulty obtaining if you have a decently broad spectrum of RC vendors in your bookmarks. :)

Along with those, 3C-E and 3C-P - these are not related to the 2C-x series as the name would suggest, but are the alpha-methylated analogues of Escaline and Proscaline respectively (i.e. 3C-E = Alpha-methyl-Escaline, 3C-P = Alpha-methyl-Proscaline).

There's also Allylescaline (AL) and Methallylescaline (MAL) but I've heard that these are far more removed from Mescaline than the above analogues I mentioned.

Then of course there's the TMA series, TMA could also be called Alpha-methyl-Mescaline, and is to Mesc what 3C-E is to Escaline etc :)

As far as which feels the closest, that's going to be a matter of dosage, setting, and personal experience - I've heard great things about Proscaline and 3C-P both being like longer lasting more potent versions of Mescaline though, but cannot confirm this, as while I've tried (and LOVED!) 3C-P, I have still not gotten my hands on Mescaline :( [ps if you want to read more about my experience with 3C-P, check this out: http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads...ooth-fun-and-very-therapeutic-A-nice-surprise ]

Jesusgreen, but have you felt a profound religious experience off of these RCs? That is what I really want.

At the peak of my 4-ho-mipt experience, I was at one with the collective unconscious. I was surrounded by pure love and compassion. I was staring at a visual representation of the divine with many other beings in this "place". It was huge, beautiful, morphing into different forms as we all stared in awe. I am not Christian, but I suddenly understood the meaning of the Christ story- humanity, sacrifice, death, humility, and pure compassion. I was at one with everyone and everything, weeping with joy at the beauty of existence and creation.

^ I've read accounts of such experiences with all the aforementioned substances *except* for Allylescaline and Methallylescaline (though I may have just not read enough about those) - and my experience with 3C-P was of a deep spiritual nature more similar to tryptamines than traditional phenethylamines like say DOx or 2C-x, offering a beautifully heightened connection with nature and the universe that lasted a whopping 16-17 hours - one of the most beautiful and heart-opening experiences I've ever had, even with just 40mg which I would say felt like it was on the lower end of the dosage scale.

There was 0 "dirtyness" or bodyload, and it was smooth and fluffy in all respects.

Also whether a psychedelic is clean and spiritual or dirty and empty is actually in my experience far more down to your individual expectation of the drug than to the structure of the molecule or molecules in the plant/powder you're taking themselves.

I did a little experiment myself over time since I was introducing a lot of people to psychedelics - I noticed that the few people I'd given 2C-E to, had found no bodyload, no dirty side effects, only spiritual and emotional depth, beautiful euphoria etc.. and I remembered that I'd specifically left out mentioning that most users online reported bodyload with 2C-E, so I decided to go ahead and keep on leaving that aspect out and describe the drug in the most positive light when introducing it to new people, except in the case of those people who'd already had a chance to read up and already heard stories of unpleasant body effects.

EVERY single one of the people who only heard my positive stories about 2C-E experienced a body load free experience, and to this day finds 2C-E to be clean and easy on the body, spiritual, emotional, lovely in every way etc. The couple who had read experiences of nausea/bodyload/etc online experienced just those things and one of them vomited intensely throughout the trip, the other spent the trip feeling queasy and on the edge of doing so. While the other 11 who received their first 2C-E doses from me have never experienced nausea in probably at least 10-20+ trips each.

Take this hypothetical: Give someone two IV shots of the same psychedelic but tell them that one is a highly purified extract from a plant used by an indigenous shamanic tribe for healing rituals, and that the other is a new structure developed by big pharma called 5T-YAL-X and is a far-removed analogue of [insert existing RC] - I guarantee almost everyone will have a much deeper and more pleasant trip from the first shot, despite both being the same substance ;)

wow, sounds good! so I guess you do like 4 ho mipt, what was the dosage?because ive heard some bad story with it...
At the peak of my 4-ho-mipt experience, I was at one with the collective unconscious. I was surrounded by pure love and compassion. I was staring at a visual representation of the divine with many other beings in this "place". It was huge, beautiful, morphing into different forms as we all stared in awe. I am not Christian, but I suddenly understood the meaning of the Christ story- humanity, sacrifice, death, humility, and pure compassion. I was at one with everyone and everything, weeping with joy at the beauty of existence and creation.

wow, sounds good! so I guess you do like 4 ho mipt, what was the dosage?because ive heard some bad story with it...
Oh yes, I love it. I started with 15 mg, which created the most stunning visual effects and absolutely no anxiety, so I took another 15 mg…so 30 mg to achieve that experience. Keep in mind, I am a small person, weighing about 110 lbs (not sure how much that affects dosage).

At what dosage are you talking? I think I took a blotter with 6 on it - never went far beyond that. Perhaps at higher doses it's a different drug. At 6 it's as close to mescaline as you can get.

I only tried it once, at 4mg. For the record, I was not suggesting you were 'wrong' to evaluate DOM as being 'mescaline-like' just that this is not a common consensus for DOM...most people do not compare the drug to mescaline..that was all I was saying.

Of the phenethylamines I've tried (2C-B, 2C-D, MDMA, 2C-T-2, 2C-E), I found 2C-E to be the most mescaline-like so far.

It is different though. It's more crystal clear, lucid and structured. It's less magical/mystical feeling, less trance-y.
There is a warm afterglow that lasts days with mescaline, whereas 2C-E seems to be comparatively neutral.

2C-T-2 seems like it might be a bit similar to mescaline as well, but I haven't really explored it enough to tell yet. Looking forward to checking out methallylescaline and allylescaline as well.

Really hard to tell what's just due to set and setting, and my small sample size of actual trips, and what's due to the drug itself tho. I mean I've only done either a handful of times.

Didn't you find it similar at all? Got to be a pretty small sample of people who've tried both. I found mescaline had a psychedelic amphetamine feel and the DOM was very similar. The person I got it from said it reminded him of mescaline which is why I was curious.

Didn't you find it similar at all? Got to be a pretty small sample of people who've tried both. I found mescaline had a psychedelic amphetamine feel and the DOM was very similar. The person I got it from said it reminded him of mescaline which is why I was curious.

I thought DOC was 'more' mescaline-like than DOM...but that is splitting hairs since mescaline was the last thing I thought of while on DOM and/or DOC. Obviously our kilometerage varies.

I'd lean more towards a natural form that actually contains mescaline like san pedro or peruvian torch maybe half and half for more alkaloids. RCs are a thing of the past for me unless they're benzos...

Lol then why did you make a thread titled "Mescaline like RC"? I think it's a good idea to just get ahold of some mescaline though, as searching for replacements of a substance that already provides ideal effects typically leads to disappointment.

I have to admit that mescaline has not seen its way into my repertoire, but TMA-6 has, and it probably comes pretty close to mescaline, at least in some ways. To be honest, I don't like TMA-6 very much at all. Thus far, I've conducted three tests -- all at 41mg, to be precise -- and I've found it to be particularly hard on my body. This is *harsh* material for me. Also, and more positively, I can definitely trip hard on that dose -- I appear to be quite sensitive to this compound. Still, the body load and anxiety are so merciless and prolonged that I'm probably never going to take that amount again. The next sojourn with this drug will be in the 25-30mg range.

I found Escaline to be quite comparable to Mescaline in a great many respects. The nature of Escaline seems to really show itself at doses above 150 mg, I wouldn't expect much at the dosage that Shulgin suggested (40-60 mg if I remember correctly). I did 200 mg of Escaline twice and both were very profound 12 hour experiences. That is a high dose however, that I would only recommend if you've worked your way up to it. I started at doses of 100 mg, then 130 mg then 150 mg and finally 200 mg over the course of a few months.

I have to admit that mescaline has not seen its way into my repertoire, but TMA-6 has, and it probably comes pretty close to mescaline, at least in some ways. To be honest, I don't like TMA-6 very much at all.

TMA-6 lacks many of mescaline's positive qualities. It does have a similar body feel/duration but with very little of the euphoria or psychological depth. Overall I thought it was boring. Mescaline could be considered a little boring in some ways... it's not the kick-in-the-brain of LSD or the emotional rollercoaster of mushrooms and their analogues... it has a different pace, and TMA-6 felt consistent in that way, but much more shallow.

Methallylescaline is the closest chemical to mescaline for me.. very similar but the MAL seems more potent in some ways (visuals). The 3,4,5 pattern has different visuals and feels a lot more "spiritual". All the 2c drugs have a similar way they distort reality and vision and MAL was different to that.

I was looking for an RC that is an analogue to mescaline and I think I found a couple. But after seeing this I'd rather stick to au natural and chill with some native americans and do it with them

Well seeing as peyote is prolly like a trillion times better than synthetic mescaline.......good choice

Methallylescaline is the closest chemical to mescaline for me.. very similar but the MAL seems more potent in some ways (visuals). The 3,4,5 pattern has different visuals and feels a lot more "spiritual". All the 2c drugs have a similar way they distort reality and vision and MAL was different to that.

I've seen your enthusiastic posts about Methallylescaline yaesutom, and I'm very curious to try the compound myself. I get the impression that you've sampled a pretty wide range of phenethylamines, would you mind listing off the different 2C-x and 'escalines you've tried? It's interesting that you've noticed the 3,4,5 pattern to be more spiritual than the 2,4,5 pattern.

2c-b 2c-c 2c-d 2c-e 2c-g 2c-i 2c-n 2c-p 2c-t-2 2c-t-4 2c-t-7 2c-t-21 2c-tfm TMA-2 TMA-6 Mescaline DOB DOC DOI DOM MDA 2c-b-fly bromo-dragonfly 25i/25c/25d-nbome prob some others I can't think of.. I did try Allylescaline once and wasn't impressed at 30mg IMed (body load felt more uncomfortable than MAL and it seemed too mild visually). I gave the rest of what I had away since I liked MAL better. MAL does have annoying nausea on the comeup though... that is the one bad thing about it.

I've seen your enthusiastic posts about Methallylescaline yaesutom, and I'm very curious to try the compound myself. I get the impression that you've sampled a pretty wide range of phenethylamines, would you mind listing off the different 2C-x and 'escalines you've tried? It's interesting that you've noticed the 3,4,5 pattern to be more spiritual than the 2,4,5 pattern.