View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Ethnobotanicals [Mescaline Cactus Subthread] San Pedro

eCsTaSy NoN sToP

Bluelighter
i recently got my hands on this, and i was hoping for visual confirmation from others... is this a san pedro? if so, seeing how it is about 2 1/2" thick, what would a "standard dose" be? how about if i'm trying for something like 1000mg of mescaline? the thing is easily 2 feet long, and bad tastes have never quite gotten to me like they seem to do to others...
68082san_pedro_01-med.jpg

68082san_pedro_02-med.jpg

68082san_pedro_03-med.jpg

looks like it but I'm not a catctus expert, use a book.

I doubt there is 1000mg of mescaline in that whole cutting.

Why do you want such a large dose? For more than one person I guesss?

Anyway 18" of that cactus should provide a +++.

It looks like every San Pedro I've ever seen, I'd say if you're looking for a 1000mg experience take all 24", that's the closest you'll get.

That is a san pedro. It looks like its seen a little bit of action, from the scars on the sides.

yeah, it has... uhm, i have like maybe 30 of these babies and when i got em and had to put 'em in the trunk, they scratched the shit out of each other with their little thorns. good thing it's a san pedro though... i got all 30 cuttings for 10 bucks from a nursery. poor thing, i didn't have the heart to chop it down, was like a 30 foot SP sitting abandoned in a corner, forgotten by the world. i chopped a bunch of branches and i planted about 20 of them, cause regardless if it turned out to be a pedro or not, i still love cactuses and growing them :D anyways, thank you all very much. soon, a few more pics should be approved and i'll post them (comparison to BIC lighter and Camel Lights pack :D)

Wow I was gonna say how healthy that Pedro looks :D

Mine has like 15x more scars than that... poor thing ;)

Yup, I know for the fact that is a san pedro. When I did somewhere around 18" of cutting log, man did I have a wonderful time. One thing is mescaline contant varies. From what I heard the darker green, the more bitter the higher the alkaloid contant.

Very nice cactus man, if I were you I'd boil that whole bad boy up and have a BLAST.

oh, and I want the 1000mg mescaline dose all to myself... i'm shootin for a ++++
i don't think 10mg/kg is excessive by any means... anecdotal evidence suggests not to do over 350-400mg/kg, somewhere inbetween that. in the scientific world, the lowest published toxic dose for a human is 2.5mg/kg intra-muscularly (IM).

That's a very nice looking cactus. I would suggest something around eighteen inches, as that's what I heard was a good 'dose' of San Pedro. I hope you have a great experience. Peace.

Two to three pounds might (there is a huge variation) give you 500mg of mesclaine (from trout's notes). But over 800 mg "becomes too intense at spots". So you might want too go for 750 mg. Around here people take half a kilo or 750 grams fresh material for a good trip. But if you try more please write a trip report!

it has the exact shape of a san pedro cactus but I'm a bit surprised by the color: yours is bright "grass like" green, my san pedro is more matt (green is much less bright, the shade looks "faded")...but it doesn't mean much, check erowid.org for pictures !

Cook up a good bit, cuase 10 inches didn't do nearly enough for me to wish to repeat it. Interesting visually, but best done alone.

genaro said:
it has the exact shape of a san pedro cactus but I'm a bit surprised by the color: yours is bright "grass like" green, my san pedro is more matt (green is much less bright, the shade looks "faded")...but it doesn't mean much, check erowid.org for pictures !

Newer growth has shinier cutin/wax coating on it. It will dull with time and abraision.

oh, i will definitely write trip reports.. i have many a things planned (like a gigantic 6.4g mushroom, bone dry, i got a buncha cactus, actually that's it for psychidelics... unless you're one of those people that consider MDMA a psychidelic)