• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Mephedrone vs mdma differences

My doses have been plenty high I can assure you - meph is just shit ;)

I agree with the oral/nasal/venal durations you suggest though.

I think meph feels like a clean, speedy pill. For me, it lacks the stages of mdma - if you bomb meph, you come up fast and hard and that's it, bang, you're fucked. With mdma, I come up in stages - I feel tendrils of it, then i feel quite private, then I'm very dancey, then I'm very chatty and finally I'm hugely loved up.

Meph is less subtle; and more sexual. I also think I can go on for longer - I don't seem to hit the wall I do eventually after a night on mdma.

Also, I'll actively want sex on meph - er, lots of sex *blush* while on mdma I can definitely be talked into it by my partner, but more as an extension of the snuggly loved-upness.

I also feel less fucked, and less fucked-up on meph - I feel gloriously skanky at the end of a night on mdma, which is not the case on meph.

oh, and you can order meph off the interwebs and the nice postman brings it for you -)

Yes, in total, like 2-3 years

Shamwow and Mitchell: Insufflated Meph only lasts 30-60min? IME it lasts at least 80min and I feel lingering effects up till about 120min, unless I've been doing it heavily.

Well, for me mephedrone is much more social, I really feel like talking a lot. Not like amphetamine, but still. MDMA, on the other hand, is way more introspective for me, I usually just stand there doing some very repetitive dance (I dance way better on acid, booze or plain stimulants) and feeling awesome. I do feel the intimacy and love towards others, but I usually don't feel like talking and/or just don't get as social as with stimulants or alcohol. I even think amphetamine and also cocaine are much more fun than E, they don't feel as nice but are much more rewarding in the end because I get so sociable. I have taken amphetamine (actually fenproporex, N-(2-cyanoethyl)amphetamine, an anorectic that gets converted into amphetamine in rats and that was rather easily available for me for about a year) a bunch of times when going clubbing alone while travelling and end up meeting a bunch of people and having a lot of fun, a kind of fun that I remember later with much more satisfaction than I remember the moments while high on E.

The comedown from MDMA (or better said, pills) is way harsher, There is a 2h hour peak and then usually before the 3rd hour, although I'm still way off baseline for a few more hours, the bad feelings start most of the times. There's a quick, significant drop in effects, I get kind of uncomfortable, anxious and start chain smoking. Feels like my bubble of comfort suddenly bursted and I dropped a few meters into reality, I was surrounded by very friendly strangers just minutes ago but now when I look around I mostly see a lot of shady looking people. I start thinking - or craving- about dropping another one and usually do if I have it on me. My first real time on E I took 2 pills 1-2 hours apart, I had tried only one a previous time but they seemed too weak. I got very high, but this first stage of the comedown was maybe the worst I ever had.
Maybe that's related to a bad experience during the peak, in which a amped/coked up guy at the festival came over to me and started saying he was very high and was going to rob me or beat me up if I didn't follow him to the bathroom. I'm usually quite sensitive to aggressions but I felt quite confident and argued for a couple of minutes until a girlfriend of his came over and dragged him away, apologizing. That was a bit of a bummer, lingered on my mind for a while and made me a bit paranoid although I still felt great. Fifteen minutes later another guy - nice guy, retrospectively - came over just to chat but I got suspicious and didn't make much effort to keep the talk going so he eventually left. But by the end of the peak I had mostly forgotten that situation, and I wonder if anyone noticed that a bad experience can modify some effects or the comedown of E. So, during that comedown I remember wanting to go home and having thoughts like "I just got through the very peak of my life, what's it going to be like from now? What's the point of living past this experience..". After this stage of the comedown I feel better after 1-2h and still noticeably high. Not speedy at all anymore but quite comfortable, no social anxiety for hours (I normally have a little), quite a bit more talkative than at the peak and than my sober self. Eight hours after taking a pill, when getting home, I usually still feel some effects like increased sensitivity to the touch, increased feeling of focus (not real, I'm sure) and clearmindedness. Even some CEV appear, especially when I get to bed and close my eyes (no CEV on mephedrone, ever).
It's kind of like the MDMA stops working as a stimulant much earlier than it stops it's serotoninergic effects, giving me a harsher partial comedown. And maybe that first pill had something that further worsened the comedown. Anyone ever noticed something like that?
Such bad comedowns even got me bad emotional memories about some rave parties after my 10-15 experiences over 1,5 years. For example, I would randomly listen to some track (usually psytrance, the most popular thing here) and feel a growing sadness/angst, even though I could just barely remember ever hearing the track before. Then I would maybe remember a rave party, kinda like a flashback of coming down. That feeling would quickly subside after I would turn off the music. This feeling was more noticeable after I went to one party and took half a hit of acid plus 3 pills (at least fairly good), i think the acid made more sensitive to the comedown. I remember thinking a lot of fairly bad stuff, like "this is such an antisocial environment, specially now that a lot of people are probably coming down too; everyone is probably just too worried about their fading high and don't really give a shit about anything or anyone else". I guess I project my feelings on others and it seems there are lots of people around me distressed by their own comedowns. But I'm not sure it's just a delusion or a true realization. I worry about how the party is like a bomb waiting to explode with a big fight between irritable junkies, which is not entirely untrue in the mainstream psytrance parties that is filled with bitches and pumped up guys on steroid. I've seen a fight on 1/3-1/2 of the mainstream parties I've been to, but they usually happen already in the middle of the morning (maybe when the pumped up guys really come down after 10h eating pill after pill), not when I sometimes worry late in the night, and it is usually a small 1x1 that is quickly ended by the abundant security even though the guys seem so angry and ferocious doing jiu-jitsu on the ground after exchanging just a couple of punches that a circle of up to 15m of diameter may open up in like 5 seconds at a fairly crowded area. If everyone had a comedown like mine the parties would suck at some point. I never tell any of the people that are with me how I feel because I fear I would influence their high negatively, most don't seem to have this sort of comedown off the same pills. I once cautiously mentioned to my sister that I didn't feel very good, she seemed still quite high and gave me a hug that would feel great some time earlier but felt quite dull at this point with the rushes gone and the comedown taking over whatever all my thoughts.

All the differences I perceive between the two drugs might be very influenced by the place in which I take them. E was always at parties, usually big ones but also lower or single doses at chilled house parties a couple of times (easier comedown, but maybe just due to the dosage), but never alone at home. Mephedrone, on the other hand I have always taken at home, mostly alone in my room. I wouldn't be particularly comfortable in telling my friends that I have taken an unknown potencially addictive and possibly dangerous new drug (or much less offering them). None of my closer friends are much into drugs anymore, never been or try not to. I've been away from the rave parties and E for over a year, mostly because the people I go out with seem to have gotten over them. I didn't mind much since I had some accumulated some bad representations of rave parties in my mind, but now I mostly miss them. I still also want to try E at home though, prefferably with a girl. And, of course, going out on meph! I just don't feel like it's very appropriate to take mephedrone and be sweaty, clenching my jaw and jittery or shaking in a mainstream club, people usually are just drinking a lot, maybe when I go to alternative electronic music one. or when I go to another of those house parties (maybe in one of those I'd be more comfortable about telling someone about meph, the people that go are much more drug-minded , smoke a lot of weed and many have probably taken hundreds of pills over the last several years. The second time I got E was from an acquantance of one of them, in exchange for some of my mushrooms. =)

Ok, I wrote a lot here, so instead of remembering the other points I haf in mind when I started my message I'll rather just stop. Maybe this message would even fit better on a thread of its own, in the ecstasy discussion forum.
I'm getting a little tired of spending so much of my meph high on this (maybe that information was obvious already), but it's not very easy to stop adding stuff between the lines when so much "important" things come to mind, I almost started adding even further details of my experiences on fenproporex, which would be way off-topic. So, sorry about eventual mistakes due to my inattentive writing and hasty editing.

a few times ive reached an amazing stage before where i was ultra loved up, my whole body was tingling and everything looked cartoon like, was fucking amazing. my whole body felt weightless,

i cant seem to reach that stage anymore which sucks i just seem to feel speedy with some gurning and alot of talking now

was that on mdma? It is certainly way more psychedelic than mephedrone, I many times would get that feeling of novelty around me or find myself looking at the scenery with amazement. I don't remember thinking about cartoons, though. I remember a guy once said that when he took a lot of pills (it was like 6, I think) he felt like he was disappearing.
Also girls look so hot when I'm on E, usually by the end of the peak. I would eventually get a similar effect on fenproporex, though weaker, but mephedrone never did much of that to me.

i'm not so sure any more, mephedrone and 2C-E had me chatting and loved up more than i've ever been last night at a rave!

Yes, in total, like 2-3 years

Shamwow and Mitchell: Insufflated Meph only lasts 30-60min? IME it lasts at least 80min and I feel lingering effects up till about 120min, unless I've been doing it heavily.

Is it possible you have got ahold of the stuff that is something similar to 40%ethylcathinone 30% 4mmc and 30%glucose (or something similar that isn't straight 99% pure meph?)
Just curious as to whether it may be a slightly different drug mixed with what your having.

fair call, maybe you have the meph that isn't made from ephedrine (i hear that it has a slight difference in final product when made the other way) Or maybe just different metabolism's :p
I only wish it lasted that long for me haha :p

Meph's precursors will have no effect on the synthed Meph provided that the product is actually pure. My metabolism is fast though, so idk what's up heh.

Yeah good point, i suppose the only difference would be impurity's :/
guess i should holiday to NY for some of this long lasting meph hahaha :D

Yeah and even then if the product is 98% pure, in 100mg that's only 2mg of nasty heh.

You mean NC ;)?

NC indeed, its just compulsion to type NY haha :p
Well from what i hear its made from some kind of bromo compound, but anything bromo is nasty as fuck IMO, wouldn't want any of that in your product haha.
But i'm yet to have that confirmed, maybe im wrong, i'll have to look around :p

Ecstasy seems to be much more mellow than Meph. I want to dance my little heart out at clubs on Meph but on E I tend to stand around and enjoy the beat from afar. I'm similarly loved up on the two but Mephedrone is far more energetic for me at least. There is also a significantly noticable rush that Meph produces that MDMA seems to lack.

One night I consumed 5 pills one after the other in a futile attempt to produce a rush similar to Mephedrone. That night was an epic fail.

I'm kinda the opposite. MDMA (ideally with LSD) is the only drug that makes me want to dance. Meph just makes me want to talk absolute drivel and take more meph. The rush from good MDMA leaves meph for dead too in my book. Fuckin' MDMA drought means meph is probably the least worst option here in the UK at the moment though cos methylone really is crap :\

Perhaps I haven't had a taste of decent MDMA yet :). I await the day anxiously when MDMA gives Meph the boot.

Many people would agree with you that meph is more of a dance-enchance drug than MDMA so I'm not disputing that it can be for some, but it's not in the same continent as MDMA let alone the same ballpark for me. I'm a bit of an ol' MDMA fan that has been mostly bitterly disappointed with meph after hearing so many glowing reviews though so my opinion may be biased ;)