Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Mephedrone useage

Lucy's Lover

Greenlighter
Hello first post whoop whoop!!

Hi I joined today to see if my question could be answered, as I have had no luck so far
Q. How much mephedrone is too much?

So here's how my story goes
I'm 17, 5 ft 11, and about 140lbs
I have smoked weed pretty much everyday since I was about 14, and have sporadically used and abused a fair few substances in my (short) time.
I heard about mcat about 2 years ago but refrained from buying any because it was quite addictive. This changed in January of this year when a freind gave me a little bit and I enjoyed it. As my freinds were using it regulary I decided to partake in some semi legal dealing, getting 10 or 20 grams at a time.
This led to me using a gram or two once or twice a week.
After the media hype and it popularity explosion I moved on to 50 grams at a time. This was probably early march. From then I was sniffing 1 or 2 grams every day. About 3 weeks before it was banned I ordered 200 grams, and from then I was snorting roughly 8-10 lines in the 150-200mg range during the day, while I was at 6th form. From maybes 6 onwards tho I would easily use 3 grams, 5 was not uncommon. The lines were normally about 250-300, but I can't begin to imagine how many half gram lines I sniffed, and I can remember several gram lines. In those 3 weeks I probably slept about 60 hours, so it was spread out a little. In this time I ODed a couple of times. Not hostpital trips but they can't have been far off. Also the negative side effects soon mounted up. You name them I've had them. This led me to sniff my last legal line at 11.59 the night before it went illegal, which if iirc was the 16th April.
For about two months I stopped buying it and in this time I probably only had three maybes four lines.
However my freinds source ran out, and I had the contacts. So once again I started buying bulk to sell a bit and make some for free.
As it stands I now use mcat once or twice a week. However, although my tolerance has lowered dramatically, I can still go through 3 grams in one night (~6hrs). It's not that it doesn't effect me, a half can do the job, it's that I can just handle been that wrecked.

So, back to the question, How much is too much?
I don't suffer from any side effects apart from the odd nosebleed, and a large majority of my mates use roughly the same. Also I don't feel any addiction, and I actually found it quite easy to stop before. I know I won't get a definative answer since it's an RC, but any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks LL

i'd say taking any stimulant more than once a fortnight (and thats the SHORTEST sensible break) is way too much. how much you do on a night is up to you, you know your tolerance and what you can handle. to me the frequency is much more important. just cos you can do it twice a week (and i have personally a long time ago, with mdma) doesn't mean you should.

the fact you're getting nosebleeds says something.... its not too bad, but it shows you're doing damage.

i agree with what you are saying, but i don't seem to be suffering and my tolerance has plateaued at a normalish level.

could you please go further into why you think 2 weeks should be the minimum abstinence?

as for the nosebleeds i don't mean gushing blood etc, i mean for example if i blow my nose in the morning there mite be a little

thanks for the input btw

LL

how do you know you're not suffering? have you checked all your vitals pre and post usage and compared? how about brain scans? just cos you feel fine doesn't mean you are, and sometimes you can mentally block out/ignore symptoms anyway. for all i know though, given how unknown the long term side effects of this chemical are, you could be absolutely fine. i just doubt it. personally mephedrone wipes me out so much for the next couple of days that if i did it twice a week i'd constantly feel like shit, but a lot of thats down to sleep deprivation and starvation too. if you avoid those you're doing well with damage limitation.

i have no scientific basis for the 2 weeks thing, it just seems a sensible recovery period. however some damage (not from mephedrone, in general) in your body takes YEARS to recover, or just never gets better. when i had the chance to, i just tried to not take drugs every week, which is where 2 weeks comes from. i was taking the most drugs possible whilst abiding to my own rules.

uh...

Reread your post, that is a great example of too much mephedrone/ any drug usage.

From research done (very little and non-scientific) shouldn't it be assumed it has around the same amount damage as MDMA??

No one would ever use that MDMA and have the same questions as you.

I'd say if you don't wanna do somewhat permanent damage, once a month is the most I would use this completely new and potentially extremely dangerous drug.

No usage at ALL is the only truly safe way to go about things with drugs like this, so using it as little as possible is the only responsible thing to do for yourself and those who care about you. A few grams a month/ week/ whatever is definitly very irresponsible and (although I can't prove it) dangerous.

I'd recommend a big break from drugs in general. Its going to be tough I assume to going back to living in a sober lifestyle as it is. No use in making things worse...
Don't mean to sound like a mom, just trying to be honest. I care about my fellow humans and I can't help it, sorry.

Mephedrone is a potent vasoconstrictor, and the vasoconstriction lasts several days after use, this means if you are using it every day - especially in such large amounts, your veins and arteries are constricting more and more - vasoconstriction can and does kill people - you're seriously putting your life at risk continuing like you are.

I think the very most you should ever use with 4mmc/Mephedrone is a gram in a week, either in separate amounts or one night - whichever you choose, even that is a bit excessive but anything over that is very dangerous to your health in the long run.

Save it to once every 2 weeks, once every week if you really can't find anything else to do (there are other drugs you know, ones you *can* use more often safely).

It's too easy to cane mephedrone every day. The best course of action is to cut it out completely. Seriously.

Having fun is one thing, but...

I could still occasionally feel the meph-induced heart palpitations literally months after use. I fear I've done long-term damage with my unrestrained binges.

I can't help agreeing with Splitz: just stop it completely, now, if you have willpower enough.

sounds normal for meph mate, its compulsive as fuck, there are some threads about mephedrone addiction usage on here check em out.

The thing about Meph is if you've got the self restraint to just do it occasionally then it's a great drug. But for a lot of people (including me) is revoltingly compulsive and it ruins the fun because the body seems to want it daily. People who claim it's not psychologically and physically addictive don't know how wrong they are.

Maybe it would be a smart move to at least stop snorting it. The rush may be a little less intense but the compulsion to redose is smaller. Also try to get a girlfriend. If she's any good, she will object to multiple binges a week and reward you with excellent sex for your efforts to stay sober. Ever thought of that?
Obviously longterm side effects of meph are unknown, they could be horrible and may take years to manifest. Why take the risk for a somewhat enjoyable high?

well the fact that so little is known about it, that all i can say with certainty is it has a high neurotoxicity level... and will have done, or will be doing damage to your brain if you continue like this...

1 gram on friday or saturday every one or two weeks, if you're going out for an event its not too bad... but more i would say is tredding in very dangerous terrritory

You are referring to "mcat", which is methylcathinone. Which is not mephedrone (4-methyl-methcathinone). I think you've done some damage already man.

Ok thanks for all your input guys I'm gonna take your advice and try and have a month+ off meph. I don't beleive it's taken me this long to realise I need a break ha, it's just so easy to pass off what I'm doing as normal when evryone around me is doing the same. Had some acid today which helped me prioritise a little so hopefully my sober self can put it into play ha. Ok so change of angle here, how many of you who realise they should stop/cut down actually do? Been 3 days now and I say I'll hold out for 30, how many of you acheive their abstinance periods? Once again thanks everyone it's very useful to have the perspective of someone other than my regular mates

Ps. Psilocybanaut yeh I know meph is 4 mmcat, but everyone round here calls it mcat sorry for any confusion always meant meph

Is it really like mdma?

I have a gram sitting in a bag in my room and have yet to touch it. I havent touched it mainly due to the fact I still have some mdma around but that will be done soon so I was curious if I should even bother with it.

the amount you are using is too much.

The best way to use mephedrone is to limit usage.

a couple times a month at no more than a gram should be plenty.