• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Mephedrone is better than MDMA.

Discuss your opinion? Nah. If you gave your reasons why, maybe I'd entertain the discussion but your post is kinda trolly in the sense that most people here will defend MDMA to death, it's the best, nothing better, yada yada...

I personally don't find one drug overall better than another, simply better suited for different situations/events/friends or depending on my mood, set, setting, etc.

Not surprised you say that since it releases the same serotonin but even more dopamine/norepinephrine. The high might be more euphoric but the comedown is probably worse too. If your definition of a better drug is the high then I'd guess it is better. But if your definition of a better drug is the quality of the high and the comedown MDMA is probably better.

Where I live they call it "dancing" pills, and most of the people also prefer them, and it makes hard to actually get MDMA (it's also cheaper, but sold at the same price...). I never tried it, and I don't feel like doing it, I don't like the state the people are when they are under that.

Ha ha Just the sort of abuse I was expecting....Die hard MDMA fanatics rally to the battle cry....My Opinion is shared by Thousands saying that it is just my opinion how could it be anything more....I have my reasons...And talking of the 'State' People get themselves into your far more competant and coherent whilst on Meph. than MD.

Though talking of comparing drugs though it is subjective I think there is a general consensus on the criteria that our drugs have to meet...I mean I doubt anyone here is going to make a case Diphenhydramine being better than MDMA....My comparison is of two similar stimulants so I think it is possible to make such a comparison.

And with regards to the comedown MDMA is infinitely worse there's no doubt about that Meph. is rather benign in terms of comedown...This has alot to do with the duration of action and short half-Life...There's this stigma attached to it which was born in America (Because of it's association with 'Bath Salts',Which in USA are predominantly MDPV) though this again is subjective..Mephedrone is not as neurotoxic as MDMA.

This idea that MDMA is 'clean' is not based on fact I don't understand how one drug can be considered clean and another 'Dirty' that's not science...From experience those who have tried Meph. never look back.I was opposed to drugs in general (Though I had indulged to a degree) I always had a great fear of brain damage but Meph. reeled me in like nothing else and this has nothing to do with any addictive properties it is only psychologically addicting and this speaks volumes about the experience it gives you.

Now Mephedrone is part of a new generation of drugs that have taken the UK by storm most are not worth taking but every now and then were going to come across a compound that is worth it's weight in gold..MDMA has had it's day. Honestly I don't see it having much of a future Mephedrone is the first in a.long line of compounds (In my opinion) that have and will revolutionise drug taking...It's a brave new world and I suggest all you E'Tards embrace it ;)

Last edited:
Ignorance ? I think I have a basic grasp of the arguments I was making and of both drugs...I'm making a few potentially subjective points interspersed with some light hearted jokes...You might not agree but on so many different levels Mephedrone is the drug for me (And many others) defiance and denial are not a good basis for an argument....I know many people who enjoy alcohol more than anything else their free to make their case...I've made my case for Mephedrone and I am confident it's pretty strong.

Now many E'tards make big of government propoganda concerning MDMA and it's dangers I agree to a point that the harms and risks are overstated but...At the same time the users themselves are victims of the same sort of propoganda the campaign to acquit MDMA of all charges...MDMA isn't/Wasn't just a drug it was a culture and being part of that culture/Movement you find yourself on the defensive when comments like mine are made.

Last edited:
This was the type of response(s) that I was expecting the ignorance and denial most of the time come from the die hard MDMA fanatics that can't see that a thing they love so much could hurt them so badly....If Mephedrone were as Neurotoxic and damaging then I myself would probably engage in similar denial amd self justification.because I love it that much...Luckily it isn't (Though I am acutely aware of the harm.it can cause)....All I can say is Long Live Mephedronia And the Mephedronians not wanting to start a race war but I think were better :).

From my experience of observing people on both drugs, Mephedrone is far more ME ME ME than MDMA, it has that coke cockiness. If someone on MDMA came up to you they would genuinely be interested in what you have to say, someone on Meph would come along and feign interest just to get whatever they wanted out of you. Not everyone, but it's a good indicator as to what they've taken.

I've only done MDMA but may try Mephedrone at some point, although I've seen people abuse Meph way more than MDMA so that makes me cautious.

Some conflicting opinions in here, one person saying MDMA comedown is a lot better, someone else saying vice versa. Is it just subjective or is there a general consensus on which is worse?

Mate, you started with the insults for some reason. I care for neither in particular so your major arguing point in moot in respects to me. What I prefer about MDMA? Duration, not too pushy, lack of desire to redose. What I like about mephedrone? Bingability, rushes. Do I do either a lot? Fuck no.

And for you saying all the "e'tards" are getting ass hurt... you're the one throwing around insults, being unapproachable, and close-minded. Get off your high horse and I'm sure a decent discussion can be had, otherwise I'll see myself out. It's all a matter of opinion after all :)

Be safe

The OP might have got a better response if he'd worded the original post in a more open-minded and less matter-of-fact kind of way. Stating an opinion as fact was unlikely to get good discussion in the first place and instead looked like a troll to me. But yeah I agree that us MDMA users do have a 'high horse' at times. I don't know that the meph comedown is worse than MDMA I've only heard that from others. It could be bullshit. All I know is that from my experience is that coming down off MDMA is pleasant and an afterglow. Even on higher doses (up toward 200-250mg) I have an afterglow and no noticeable negative effects. The only thing I could really say I notice is a slight reduction in my ability to think straight. But that could even be because I just don't care anymore because my inhibitions have vanished.

Regarding the neurotoxicity of the two, I don't think either are particularly neurotoxic at human dosages. In fact, I think the whole concept of neurotoxicity at recreational usage is bullshit-fuelled propaganda stemming from monster-dose animal studies from the 90s & 20th century. If any drug was more neurotoxic it would be mephedrone assuming that the current dopamine-based theory of neurotoxicity is correct. Since mephedrone causes higher release of dopamine than MDMA, along with similar serotonin release, this could hypothetically cause more serotonin neuron damage when serotonin is completely depleted allowing the dopamine radicals to enter. But either way I'm not convinced either would cause significant neurotoxicity as long as you're not taking monster doses.

The worst side effect I saw from mephedrone was blue body part extremities; however, this side effect never happened to me. Also, I never got bad comedowns from either mephedrone or MDMA, except the time I did 3.5g 4-MMC in one night and got emotional the next morning. Mephedrone, despite its 5-HT releasing properties, feels more like a good, addictive stimulant to me, whereas MDMA has more of a serotonergic feel to me. As far as OD deaths go, they are both quite safe. And I agree with JWills20 that I wouldn't categorize either as terribly "neurotoxic," which has been explained to me to be defined as brain cell death. By this definition, MDMA is not a neurotoxin, but alcohol is. I think tolerance is an issue with both if you use them enough.

Mephedrone does have some very nice attributes. At reasonable doses it's relatively benign, short lasting, and enjoyable. I think it's very versatile and gives quite a bit for what it demands. Unlike MDA and MDMA, mephedrone doesn't require the same physical investment in it's use. Obviously when you push it and redose constantly it's another story and can really kick your ass. What sucks is it's moreishness and the tolerance. I found tolerance to build very quickly and I also think mephedrone carries huge cross tolerance to other stims.

I don't think MDMA or mephedrone are something that can be compared to the extent one can be claimed better than the other. They different drugs and IMO have very different niches. I think one could only claim one to be better depending on the context. Mephedrone is more of an enhancer. By itself it won't give you the depth of MDMA, but the fact that's it is less inebriating makes it more functional. In a good environment, I think you can get close to as much out of mephedrone as MDMA. If I was offered a lifetime supply of one or the other, I'd be hard pressed to choose.

Hmm... I wonder what's better?.?.?.? Taking a drug that has had years and years of human research done on it or one that turns your hands, feet and knees purple?

Meph=gross