• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Mental Conditioning

The very best way that I have come up with to condition yourself mentally is to pay very close attention to what you're feeling. Then lift yourself up above that, and see it from an observer standpoint: "I am feeling this, why am I feeling this?" Think about it from a place that is as unattached to ego as possible (understanding that complete detachment is impossible) and determine the real reasons for why you feel that way. There is a a lot of subconscious ego-based crap that is always going on in our minds, but if you remain vigilant you can identify and correct these responses. In general this becomes easier as you age.

Last edited:
Deal with the thing you hate head on? I guess that what's you mean.. dont surpress or self harm it away deal with it and why its a problem..???

I think most adults have self-imposed numbness to some degree. This world has a lot of dark corners, and its hard to just accept how horrible humans can be. Look at kids, look how open and free their emotions are. Crying till blue in the face on second, and laughing loud enough to piss off the whole grocery store the next. Society conditions us to hide emotions, especially negative ones. Especially men.. The whole "strong, silent" thing is expected, and get a lot of shit for being emotional, sensitive, or "needy".

I am very closed off emotionally ... Part because of I know whining accomplishes nothing, partly because through my addiction so much intense, shitty stuff has happened I get sick of " processing" it (very unhealthy, yes) but that is the world we live in. I think it'd be a better place if people would drop the ego, be more empathetic, posotive, accepting, and loving to create an environment were we can be honest, open, and free.

I am very closed off emotionally ... Part because of I know whining accomplishes nothing, partly because through my addiction so much intense, shitty stuff has happened I get sick of " processing" it (very unhealthy, yes) but that is the world we live in. I think it'd be a better place if people would drop the ego, be more empathetic, posotive, accepting, and loving to create an environment were we can be honest, open, and free.

Do you think stopping the processing makes it go away? I'm genuinely asking, not critiquing. Sometimes I wonder if therapy is a waste of time because a lot of it involves re-directing your focus back to the problem. I've met people who claim they "got over it" by just moving on with life and doing as many positive things as possible.

I'm not sure I can endorse either approach fully, to be honest.

One of the ugliest pieces of negative cultural re-enforcement.

(Theme From Friends)

So no one told you life was gonna be this way
Your job's a joke, you're broke, your love life's D.O.A.
It's like you're always stuck in second gear
When it hasn't been your day, your week, your month, or even your year, but

I'll be there for you
(When the rain starts to pour)
I'll be there for you
(Like I've been there before)
I'll be there for you
('Cause you're there for me too)

You're still in bed at ten and work began at eight
You've burned your breakfast, so far things are going great
Your mother warned you there'd be days like these
But she didn't tell you when the world has brought you down to your knees that

I'll be there for you
I'll be there for you
I'll be there for you

No one could ever know me
No one could ever see me
Seems you're the only one who knows what it's like to be me
Someone to face the day with, make it through all the rest with
Someone I'll always laugh with
Even at my worst, I'm best with you, yeah!

It's like you're always stuck in second gear
When it hasn't been your day, your week, your month, or even your year

I'll be there for you
I'll be there for you
I'll be there for you