L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Men's feelings about sex workers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not sure if psychotherapy is useful either? I would reach a plateau with a therapist where it was not really helpful any more. I could get the same or better results for free by talking to a close friend or family member.

Also, the psychotherapists, counselors, mental health professionals I know all have major issues such as cluster B personality disorders like narcisscistic personality disorder, eating disorders, drug addiction, major depression with actual suicide attempts, anxiety/panic attacks, etc.

Nobody is perfect but it does make me wonder why these people are giving advise to clients about mental health, therapy, etc.
Off topic, but my friends and family members have refused to talk to me about some serious shit that effects me daily. From the very beginning of when it happened. Some things are so stigmatized people just refuse to discuss it. I find it very rude. I don't trust therapists either but I guess I am going to try one

I am not sure if psychotherapy is useful either? I would reach a plateau with a therapist where it was not really helpful any more. I could get the same or better results for free by talking to a close friend or family member.

Also, the psychotherapists, counselors, mental health professionals I know all have major issues such as cluster B personality disorders like narcisscistic personality disorder, eating disorders, drug addiction, major depression with actual suicide attempts, anxiety/panic attacks, etc.

Nobody is perfect but it does make me wonder why these people are giving advise to clients about mental health, therapy, etc.
Off topic, but my friends and family members have refused to talk to me about some serious shit that effects me daily. From the very beginning of when it happened. Some things are so stigmatized people just refuse to discuss it. I find it very rude. I don't trust therapists either but I guess I am going to try one

I don't trust therapists either but I guess I am going to try one

Can't say I blame you. I was never able to trust them either.
I mean, it can be hard to trust people in general. How do you trust someone you share seemingly nothing in common with, who's life experience has been so radically different?

^ I've had the same issue, regarding therapists/psychologists (whose services I've never used frequently, but I've been to a couple with an open mind, thinking that maybe they could help me work through some of my issues etc.) I just never could open up in an honest way with them, which I guess is probably a prerequisite for success when you use such services. I'd be interested in suggestions to overcome this, if anyone has any...

Status
Not open for further replies.