• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Megadose 2C-E: how much is too much?

50mg > 100mg is a bite of a hike IMO, even if you feel comfortable. There have been a couple of deaths according to erowid.

If you are ok with 50mg, work your way up slowly over several sessions to 100mg, rather than jumping straight in and risk being a datapoint on the ld50 of 2ce. Maybe go 65mg next, then 80, then 100, depending how it goes.
Thanks guys. The dose-response curve is exponential with this one so working my way up sounds like a more sensible thing to do.

2C-E has been around for ages ;).... google bro :)
It's been around for ages but it doesn't have nearly as much research behind it as certain other psychedelics (in particular LSD and psilocin).
Have you ever actually tried looking on Google for information on high-dose 2C-E? Reports of >100mg 2C-E experiences are hard to find and highly variable. Some people seem to be a lot more prone to vasocontriction than others.
It's safe to assume that 2C-E has a much lower overdose threshold than LSD and psilocin but are there any estimates out there regarding its LD50?

It's safe to assume that 2C-E has a much lower overdose threshold than LSD and psilocin but are there any estimates out there regarding its LD50?

I'd assume the same. I don't think estimates of an LD50 would help you out much either. I also don't understand why you want to make the jump from 50mg to 100mg. At 50mg you're already dosing higher then most people ever would. Dose response curves are not linear, doubling the dose =/= getting twice as high. I know you've got a mind made of steel, but why not gradually work your way up instead?

I thing that above around 30-40mg 2C-E doesn't demonstrate the exponential dose curve anymore, that the curve begins to round off at some point and look more like a log curve. So that going from say 30 to 60mg would be only 1.5x as strong or something. These aren't exact numbers at all, only guesses based on reading a lot of trip repots, and knowing that it makes sense that there are saturation points with these drugs. There will probably also be a complete saturation point where no matter how much more you take it doesn't get you any higher. LSD is like that it seems.

That doesn't mean that their toxic effects follow the same curve though - it's entirely possible that doubling a 50mg dose to 100mg is more than twice as toxic.

Personally, anything over 30mg of 2C-E is enough to make me puke my brains out during the onset 8(
50mg is already a very high dose, so I would advice you to increase your doses gradually, as the effects of 2C-E grow exponentially and small increases of dosage can produce a much stronger experience.

Try 50mg again, and if you still enjoy the experience, you can try increasing the dose by 5-10mg. There's no reason to endanger yourself when you can safely and gradually find your preferred dose.

Also, I too have found that 5-MeO-MiPT is great for combining with 2C-E :)

Good luck and remember to report back what you decide to do ;)

Thanks for your input guys.

About 30 minutes ago I weighed up exactly 60mg 2C-E and swallowed it with 50mg cyclizine (a 1st gen antihistamine, like DPH) and 10mg Valium. I am already starting to feel the 2C-E... this tells me I'm in for one hell of a ride. Normally it takes 60-90 minutes for me to even feel 2C-E, and 2-2.5 hours for the effects to peak.
I'm really starting to take off now. Will report back once I've touched down... I highly doubt I'll be in any fit state to post on here once this has kicked in.

WOW THIS IS FUCKING INTENSE!!!!!! 8o
So it's been 90 minutes since I ate 60mg 2C-E. I am absolutely loving it and I'm not even peaking yet. Only side effect I'm experiencing is bad jaw tension (I anticipated this - it's why I took the Valium). So far today I've had 400mg magnesium citrate and I'm on my second can of beer... I'm hoping that'll take care of it. I might take another 10mg Valium or possibly a Soma or two later on if it's still pissing me off.

Maybe write up a TR later with these high dose experiments?

Have fun man. :)

I would definitely be interested in you describing the effects. I've been experimenting with IV 2c-e lately and I find it incredible. I get to completely skip the come-up, and am more or less overwhelmed as soon as I withdraw the needle from my arm. 25 mg for me is the sweet spot, though I am a psychedelic hedonist. I'd say its comparable to 50 mg oral. I am very careful because of the corrosive nature of the chemical, and to be honest 2c-e is one of the drugs I don't feel like taking more then once a month, but it truly can be a beautiful experience. I'll note I always puke though, which is inevitable for me on phenthylamines but instead of a two hour toxic come up it mostly passes within 5 minutes. Then I'm left with beautiful kaleidoscopic/persian rug pattering and that strange analytical headspace. Your right about that jaw clenching and general muscle tension. I often find myself stretching and tensing muscles without realizing, although I think it can feel quite good.