View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Megadose 2C-E: how much is too much?

AA357

Bluelighter
Lately I've been trying (unsuccessfully) to find out more about high doses of my favorite drug.
The problem is that my preferred dose is usually 30mg, and this is considered to be a high dose. 30mg gets me where I want to be - it gives me sick visuals and powerful euphoria and it's about the upper limit at which I can still function and socialize with people who are not tripping.
>35mg is beautiful but it makes me stupid and sedated, so set and setting is a bit more important.
I took over 50mg one time... it blew my head off but I would definitely do it again.

I am thinking of taking 100mg orally some time within the next few days.
I understand this is a ridiculous dose and that 2C-E does have a lower overdose threshold than LSD and most tryptamine psychedelics, but is 100mg likely to have any deleterious effects on health? The only concern I can think of is vasoconstriction but for me 2C-E doesn't appear to be any worse than LSD in that regard (neither have caused me any problems).

I have only come across 3 or 4 reports of >100mg doses. The trippers were fine (just really, really fucked up).
Has 2C-E itself ever actually killed anybody? We've all heard stories of people dying from mislabelled "2C-E" that was actually 4-BDF but I've never come across any documented fatalities that were caused by 2C-E alone.

Cheers.

Dude... There's got to be at least a solid decade of threads relating to 2c-e, but yes at least one dumbass has died off of 2c-e although I'm pretty sure that was an insufflated mega-dose. It doesn't sound to me like you have actual 2c-e - or you're one of those hardheaded trippers that require more. Have you at least marquis tested the substance to verify that it is what it is?

Dude... There's got to be at least a solid decade of threads relating to 2c-e, but yes at least one dumbass has died off of 2c-e although I'm pretty sure that was an insufflated mega-dose. It doesn't sound to me like you have actual 2c-e - or you're one of those hardheaded trippers that require more. Have you at least marquis tested the substance to verify that it is what it is?
I have had many batches of 2C-E from a variety of reputable suppliers and it has always had the same effect on me. For me, 2C-E is such an easy-going and relaxing psychedelic that bad trips aren't even a concern for me. I like to take high doses because I enjoy getting fucked up on it. More 2C-E = more euphoria and visuals.

One thing I've learned about this chemical is that its effects vary wildly from one person to the next... I would say moreso than LSD or mushrooms.

50mg > 100mg is a bite of a hike IMO, even if you feel comfortable. There have been a couple of deaths according to erowid.

If you are ok with 50mg, work your way up slowly over several sessions to 100mg, rather than jumping straight in and risk being a datapoint on the ld50 of 2ce. Maybe go 65mg next, then 80, then 100, depending how it goes.

at this point, why not combine 2ce with a tryptamine.
the combination would give you a whole other type of experience.

Seems like you do 2ce pretty often at high doses as well. Be careful 2c-x's are pretty notorious for causing HPPD when abused.

at this point, why not combine 2ce with a tryptamine.
the combination would give you a whole other type of experience.

Do this. 15mg 2c-e and 15 mg 5-meo-mipt both insufflated was far more intense and euphoric that 50mg 2c-e (oral) alone. I wouldn't push 2c-e much higher than 50 personally, the weird stimulation, vasoconstriction and extremely elevated heart rate at 50 were enough to make me think that 80mg might be quite dangerous.

Disclaimer, I have a high natural tolerance to 2c-e and 5-meo-mipt independently. Together it seemed to completely obliterate my tolerance. The visuals of the combination remain the most intense I have ever had and included serious sound/color synesthesia, an effect that no other drug/combo has produced for me.

yeah, I dont totally trust 2ce and I wouldnt push it over 50mg. even at 18 mg, theres a aspect of the physical feeling I dont trust. mixing a tryptamine with a phens really change the character of both and it becomes very strong.
I would recommend 2ce with 50mg dpt plugged. then add more dpt if desired.
I dont however appreciate 5 meo mipt body load and stimulation either lol. I find the sweet spot for 5 meo mipt now is around 5mg. even at higher dosage, the visual aspect isnt really there and the body stimulation is a bit too much for me.

but honestly, Im a light weight so I may not be a reference. maybe try true cactus OP. I much prefer true mescaline over 2ce
Do this. 15mg 2c-e and 15 mg 5-meo-mipt both insufflated was far more intense and euphoric that 50mg 2c-e (oral) alone. I wouldn't push 2c-e much higher than 50 personally, the weird stimulation, vasoconstriction and extremely elevated heart rate at 50 were enough to make me think that 80mg might be quite dangerous.

Disclaimer, I have a high natural tolerance to 2c-e and 5-meo-mipt independently. Together it seemed to completely obliterate my tolerance. The visuals of the combination remain the most intense I have ever had and included serious sound/color synesthesia, an effect that no other drug/combo has produced for me.

I don't understand everyone's preference for natural drugs over RCs. Natural drugs always feel like RC+poisoning myself (this isn't true of extractions, but that is another story). But maybe I am alone on that.

You are not alone, or misunderstood imo it just seems too much + not even enough posts around to back you up either.
In this case, less is more in my opinion.

I don't understand everyone's preference for natural drugs over RCs. Natural drugs always feel like RC+poisoning myself (this isn't true of extractions, but that is another story). But maybe I am alone on that.

I generally agree, although from what I've heard mescaline is well worth the praise.

I think that the whole organic psychedelic > synthetic psychedelics thing is (generally) a little romantic and misinformed in my opinion.

A lot of my friends have started being a bit preachy about this recently, and are proclaiming that mushrooms, for example, have a plant spirit, whereas synthetic psychedelics don't (and therefore synthetic psychedelics are a waste of time); even though they've never felt the presence of a plant spirit on mushrooms in their lives (or read anything on bluelight/erowid about synthetic psychedelic experiences).

If you take 2c's/psychedelics regularly its not farfetched to take megadoses 100mg+. I remember when I still had a bunch of 2c-e I'd dose small/medium doses Wed afternoon, Thurs/Fri night kinda a high dose, along with like small doses of 4-ho-met and also liked to combine small amts of 2c-t-2 with medium 2c-e, I think a few times on the like 4th night I probably took 150-200mg 2c-e and it felt completely physically benign. I think the tolerance grows extremely fast and caps out to the adrenergic side of it. Now 2c-t-2 and 2c-p... thats a different story. but 2c-e is definitely one of the safest and benign 2c's in high doses. Of course to unexperienced users of untested compounds there is no way to know if what you have is 2c-e, cut 2c-p, etc.

Holy shit, 25mg is as far as I'm willing to go with this one. I keep high doses for the tryptamines :).
Visuals with 2C-E are something special, though !

ime, I havent had yet a RC tryptamine or RC phens that compare to real mescaline and shrooms. DPT comes very close to being as natural though and might be my favorite RC's I have tried so far. All my experience used to be with mescaline or shrooms/dmt and I was satisfied for 10 years with those two chemicals.
I have yet to try ayuasca, but im sure nothing in the RC's realm compares to shrooms, mescaline or ayuasca. People talking about plant spirit, Id have to agree or at least, theres a mystical present that I is evident with DMT that I dotn see with DPT. or a definite teacher I see from shrooms and mescaline that I dont particularly feel for RC's. maybe im wrong. I would love to know people opinion about that.

Last edited:
ime, I havent had yet a RC tryptamine or RC phens that compare to real mescaline and shrooms. DPT comes very close to being as natural though and might be my favorite RC's I have tried so far. All my experience used to be with mescaline or shrooms/dmt and I was satisfied for 10 years with those two chemicals.
I have yet to try ayuasca, but im sure nothing in the RC's realm compares to shrooms, mescaline or ayuasca. People talking about plant spirit, Id have to agree or at least, theres a mystical present that I is evident with DMT that I dotn see with DPT. or a definite teacher I see from shrooms and mescaline that I dont particularly feel for RC's. maybe im wrong. I would love to know people opinion about that.

totally agree . I haven't tried Aya or peyote yet but Psilocybin definitely has a teacher or "spirit" or whatever you want to call it. I think there is more to the naturals than the synthetics, no doubt. Not that some of the RC's are not very awesome, they just lack that presence.

I think ill open a thread about that.
RC's really feels like your alone with the experience and I have found theres always something less satisfying even if it can be clearly more strong.
I'm happy to have played with RC's but for high dosage, I just feel much safer and prefer the natural psy so far. maybe im just parano but they all seem to feel not perfectly right psychologically. maybe im crazy though and its just me, but me and my partner in crime also share the same opinion.
totally agree . I haven't tried Aya or peyote yet but Psilocybin definitely has a teacher or "spirit" or whatever you want to call it. I think there is more to the naturals than the synthetics, no doubt. Not that some of the RC's are not very awesome, they just lack that presence.

If you truly have high-purity 2C-E, 30mg is an extremely strong dose. I can't believe you consider that a dose you can be socially functional on. That leads me to think that you either have some low-quality 2C-E, have a different drug entirely (yes, I know you said you've been getting it for a while), you have an incredible natural tolerance, or you're tripping and using the drug way too much.

Just a word of caution - IMO, from a purely psychological standpoint, you're probably better off using a more traditional recreational drug than 2C-E if euphoria is all you're after. Depersonalization and derealization can be devastating.

Now with all that cautionary shit out of the way, I think taking 2C-E at dosages like 100mg is a bad idea. Euphoria and enjoyable effects don't scale linearly. I think you should try a combination with a trypt. I used to fucking love 4-AcO-DMT and 2C-I/B. Either drug alone was fun but in combination, wow - you really got some incredible synergy out of the pairing. Try finding a nice trypt to combo with your 2C-E.

If you truly have high-purity 2C-E, 30mg is an extremely strong dose. I can't believe you consider that a dose you can be socially functional on. That leads me to think that you either have some low-quality 2C-E, have a different drug entirely (yes, I know you said you've been getting it for a while), you have an incredible natural tolerance, or you're tripping and using the drug way too much.

Just a word of caution - IMO, from a purely psychological standpoint, you're probably better off using a more traditional recreational drug than 2C-E if euphoria is all you're after. Depersonalization and derealization can be devastating.

Now with all that cautionary shit out of the way, I think taking 2C-E at dosages like 100mg is a bad idea. Euphoria and enjoyable effects don't scale linearly. I think you should try a combination with a trypt. I used to fucking love 4-AcO-DMT and 2C-I/B. Either drug alone was fun but in combination, wow - you really got some incredible synergy out of the pairing. Try finding a nice trypt to combo with your 2C-E.

If 50 was the sum, why risk with more. I agree it's simply too much.. Unnecessary imo.

If you truly have high-purity 2C-E, 30mg is an extremely strong dose. I can't believe you consider that a dose you can be socially functional on.
Yes it is a strong dose. Strong visuals, strong body buzz and strong synesthesia. Not much mindfuck though (that's probably just me being so used to the psychedelic state of mind).
30mg does get me pretty fucked up but I am still lucid enough to hold a conversation. People just think I'm tipsy or stoned. 35mg+ puts me out of commission for a while though.

That leads me to think that you either have some low-quality 2C-E, have a different drug entirely (yes, I know you said you've been getting it for a while), you have an incredible natural tolerance, or you're tripping and using the drug way too much.
The first time I bought 2C-E I did actually wonder if it was even 2C-E because my experience was so far removed from what most people report.

Then I bought more batches, off different vendors. I have given it to friends - some of whom are experienced with various 2C-x (which I am not) and they all agreed that my 2C-E is some good strong shit.

Back when I first got it (no tolerance), it took me a while to find the ideal dose. Ignoring all advice I took 20mg for my first time and I was disappointed. It felt good but I wished I'd taken more.

Two things about me:
1) I like to get smashed.
2) This stuff is just too sweet. It doesn't feel dysphoric or nauseating at all so I'm not afraid to dose high.

Thanks for that. I have taken 2C-E with 4-AcO-DMT a few times and it is a damn good combination. I think I'll buy some 4-HO-MET next.