• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

MEGA: What types of jobs do BLers have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paralegal for an 8 attorney Plaintiff's firm. I will hopefully be starting law school soon. I also am a street level pharmaceutical sales rep of sorts...

I'm currently an undergrad student, about to start my senior year (so I guess "unemployed jackass" would be the technically correct answer :D). I'll probably end up matriculating to a mediocre Ph.D program after college (my grades are solid, but not Harvard-worthy ya dig?) and then try to find some sort of job in research. I'm not really picky, I just want to be able to keep learning organic/medicinal chemistry every day because I love it and have an aptitude for it.

something involving camouflage clothing, tumbling out of airplanes and various things that go 'boom'

Good job on the title change Jerry Atrick. Something so simple can get people talking :) Many more responses since you changed it.

What was the original title, I'm curious to know...

Also, I'm a recent college grad...starting with part-time work as a customer service representative. Hopefully I'll be able to substitute teach for the local schools starting in the fall - as that would look good on my resume for the type of longer-term work I'm looking to do.

retired from skilled labor - only volunteer work now for this geezer.
stuck with my union though thick and thin so now i draw social security and 2 small private pensions.
medical is free as i get the crappy care that all veterans receiving (except those that have service connected disabilities) .
carcass is not in the best of shape due to working so fucking hard in the mills, shipyards and the very largest machine shops. but, i manage to fell, buck, split and stack 5 or 6 cords of firewood per season.

labor sucks, there's no way around it. i mean the "peons" like helpers,board toaters etc.
I'm dong landscaping this hotass summer, sucks being out in the blaring heat. but its good. get paid cash daily, so every morning i got a paycheck coming at the end of the day :).

I am going back to school this Fall to do what I love doing best.

I'm an aircraft mechanic and I would like to figure out what I want to do when I grow up. It's not too bad but its not something I want to do forever. There are few opportunities for advancement and so many ridiculous bullshit rules from the government and the company(the flight safety rules are fine, there is just a lot of other unnecessary shit)

labor sucks, there's no way around it. i mean the "peons" like helpers,board toaters etc.
I'm dong landscaping this hotass summer, sucks being out in the blaring heat. but its good. get paid cash daily, so every morning i got a paycheck coming at the end of the day :).

I am going back to school this Fall to do what I love doing best.

I know a couple people who did landscaping for the summer and they got in the best shape they had ever been. Not to mention they got an awesome tan. :p

What are you going back to school for? Just curious. I can't wait to be done with school--When I graduate this program, I'll have been in college for five years (over the course of six years) and have earned two Associates. 8(

nothing atm but will hopefully go bk to building rail cars for the amtrak contract here at a company that does that.

im a kitchenhand and hate it just because i hate exerting myself :p

also do some cleaning up work on houses that have just been built and when all the tradies have finished

going to uni next sem but prbly still going to be working ugh

I'm an aircraft mechanic and I would like to figure out what I want to do when I grow up.

Dude, I remember reading in elementary school that that's basically the most prestigious and highest paid blue collar job there is, and has a union that would make the Teamsters bow down. You SURE you want to give it up?

Friend showed me how to make money in tax liens, I invested, saved and don't have any health insurance. I mostly sit around all day on the computer (not earning money) . . . hope to sell everything and get outta Babylon, write a screenplay.

Status
Not open for further replies.