• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA] Vaporizers Thread

Nice research, Egzoset. I've been an advocate of the HerbalAire for a while. Some of the teflon parts are a bit fragile but the company offers replacement parts for a good price, including the pump which is fortunately external. The unit itself is reliable and accurate, using the exact same convection mechanism as the Volcano but IMHO with a better crucible for people who aren't planning on burning through a gram in a session (which is enough to get half a dozen people stoned from a vapour bag IME). To be brief, the Volcano is like an industrial version of the HerbalAire.

Salutations Thujone,

...including the pump which is fortunately external.

Indeed, i feel i was quite lucky to pick one like it - contrary to Zephyr iOn owners and so on, etc. So i must confess it was the actual spark for some genuine fun experiments, starting with avoiding inlet PVC tubing by use of a vacuum system not dissimilar to a water/gravity fall accessory - ...and thanks!

=D

The unit itself is reliable and accurate, using the exact same convection mechanism as the Volcano...

The fact that those concepts were so close eluded me completely but since my HerbalAire worked nicely for 25 months i'll concur with that opinion, but... On another hand, despite a 3 years warranty i prefered not to send mine back when it died in smoke, because the white teflon inlet connector happens to be located less than 1 centimeter above the unit's middle junction and it turns that's where the smoked robofart came from! By chance my cannabic path was long and ended up with water filtration that night (modded whip mode).

Consequently i'd recommend HerbalAire users to seal this belt thing by covering it with tight rubber bands, or even teflon tape, etc.: this part only requires a tight seal. Other than that i found it was the best initiator for me and hence i have no regrets relative to the HA.

Now, about its large crucible we seem to share the same opinion again: too big for single users, not to mention its locomotive reputation comes from a mix of convecting + conducted/radiated heat... I did have many 1 g crucibles in the begining as a result, although it may sound paradoxal!!

To be brief, the Volcano is like an industrial version of the HerbalAire.

I can make it even shorter:

NSFW:
xybmg.jpg

HerbalAire Heat-Exchanger​

Or a picture is worth a thousand words!

=D

That was a v2.1, can't say if this also applies to the 2.2 version. In any case, i heard a digital unit may be in preparation so i figure perhaps it will fix the belt issue for those very rare instances when an incident occurs (yet "unlikely" isn't synonymous of "impossible"). In December i may want to attempt a breed where the V-Tower circuitry controls the HerbalAire heat-exchanger instead of an halogen lamp, there's plenty of time left until Christmass to mature such ideas anyway. In fact i'm not even sure i'll still care for this type of hobby when the time comes.

Thank you for the information regarding proximity between an HA and the Volcano, nonetheless! Imagine the sort of bragging this interresting detail could have inspired me if only i had known before! Ah! Ah! I just might have called it the miniMe version of a Volcano!!

I've learned something today, chances are i'll be back for more. Thanks again!

=D

Vaporizer Pen

I would very much like to buy a portable vaporizer. I am a big fan of herb, concentrates (wax, bubble, oil), "THC powder" which is just a cannabis alkaloid extract, and certain chemicals (DMT for example). So i want one that I could use for all of the above. But it seems that pen style vaporizers are incompatible with straight bud. So basically does anyone know of a good but not ridiculously expensive portable vaporizer that can be used with powders, oils, and puddy-like hash?

dube vaporizer pens (made by white rhino) go for around 60$ and can be used with dry blends/oils or concentrates

imo you need to spend over 100$ to get something quality in terms of pen vaporizers, i had a friend who bought one for like 40$ or something and it was a piece of shit and he didnt use it after like 2 days because it sucked so bad

I have a Vapir N2O. It is more or less fully portable (though significantly bigger than pocket-sized) and I am totally satisfied with its performance. Recently the upper screen broke but functionality was more or less unaffected. I like and would recommend.

I would very much like to buy a portable vaporizer. I am a big fan of herb, concentrates (wax, bubble, oil), "THC powder" which is just a cannabis alkaloid extract, and certain chemicals (DMT for example). So i want one that I could use for all of the above. But it seems that pen style vaporizers are incompatible with straight bud. So basically does anyone know of a good but not ridiculously expensive portable vaporizer that can be used with powders, oils, and puddy-like hash?

The quick answer is no. There's no pen that can interchangeably do those 3 things, and it all begins with the simple question, do you smoke bud and take dabs out of the same piece? Of course not.

There are some good pen vapes for cannabis concentrates out there (can't speak to DMT, etc but personally I think that would be nasty, you're better off trying to dab it, or just use a bulb pipe like a normal person). Personally I love my Atmos Raw, but only for concentrates (they say you can do flower but that would ruin it). It has a nice ceramic system that's much easier to maintain than a G-Pen and gives better hits and has more power than the Micro G.

I can't really speak to vapes for flower but nothing pen sized is going to be satisfying or last long. You're also gonna be spending 200+, as others have said. I think you're better off getting a concentrate pen and saving your flower vaping for at home.

There is this one called the Plenty Vaporizer. It is made by the same company as the volcano and can be used for both oils and solids. Been thinking about getting it.

Well I thought I'd aske this here imstead of making a thread since its the vape thread.

I have been using an e cig and I believe it to be giving me terrible heart burn.

I'm vaping nicotine but have never had this problem from cigarettes or weed, could it be the liquid they mix it with?

Antacids have been little relief. I used the search engine but could only find stuff on volcanos and such related to this topic.

Any perspecrive would be appriciated greatly.

Salutations TheRapperGoneBad,

First of all Storz & Bickel isn't the only vaporizer manufacturer around. Some people will keep refering to it just because they think their expensive price tags garantee satisfaction, or simpy as a result of being clueless... Go to a web site called "FuckCombustion" for more insight, though you'll eventually find it's not easy to sort out hundreds of pages trying to get factual information relative to where the fresh-air gets in and what it goes through! For example the Arizer table series is a perfect illustration of a situation where its owner happens to ventilate electronics through his cannabic bowl using his lungs while the vast majority of members continues to ignore the risks this would represent should catastrophic failure occur during inhalation (voluntary blindness IMO)!

There hasn't been 1 brand/model review on FC which made me enthousiast without reserve since i've subscribed in 2010, now imagine how i feel about the relatively new e-cig trend: if it won't come out being done right as a table device what do you think miniaturization can accomplish for you?

As a former hashish smoker i find vaporisation was a revelation when i discovered it in February 2011 but then i found out later how much dryness from cannabic vapor could be a problem to me: i learned my lesson after i went through multiple experiments nobody even cared to duplicate, despite a noticeable interest for fancy glassware...

So, i'm not the least bit surprized to read about your personal misforune. Good luck with that anyway!

=D

Got a nice portable vaporizer off of my friend, it's amazing compared to the other portable vapes I've had. This one actually hits! Easy to use temp control and big chamber.

Is it true that a lot of the CBD is eliminated when you vape weed? If so, is there a certain temperature I should use to avoid this? I love indica body highs. I was really disappointed when I heard about that, but this thing is still a godsend. I can smoke any time any where now.

CBD vapes at ~360o F, so higher than THC. 360 is the ideal temp for getting all the goods out, any higher than that and apparently benzene starts to form. That's where it starts tasting acrid and the colour of the vaped herb is a darker brown

It is very possible to get a CBD induced body stone with a vape on a high temp; but I find that it still feels somewhat different than the body stone of a heavy bong session (But better IMO) I think it may simply have something to do with how your lungs feel after burning rather than vaping your bud. Vaporizers are totally superior if you ask me.

I'm on the fence about getting my first vaporizer because, while I've enjoyed vaping, I'm a lot more focused on old school flower smoking. Don't know if that's just because I don't have a vaporizer or what. This Pax 2 vaporizer seems to be getting good reviews and seems like a good place to start? Has anyone had a bad experience with one of these? On the other hand, I hear Silver Surfer and Volcano are the best but I'd like to start smaller to decide if it's really my thing before I sink real cash into it. Any shared experiences would be most helpful.

Last edited by a moderator:
i got an arizer solo as my first vape. works like a charm. the taste isn't the best but the vapor production is good.

the only thing is i can't only vape as it lacks a certain quality to the smoking high and only lasts about an hour.

When I was into using cannabis years ago, I tried out a magic flight launch box as a vape and enjoyed it; but the high lasted a very long time, and it was psychedelic and sort of akin to eating cannabis but without the massive body load and confusion.

The high lasted for 8 hours for me and it was psychedelic but I had absolutely zero tolerance at all as before then I had not used cannabis at all for years.

At the time I did still use cannabis and vape the MFLB was one of the only portable vapes and the other one the iolite had serious design flaws at the time years ago when I was researching vapes and tried one.

I have met people who did not like vaping or the high from it but they had a huge tolerance from smoking daily.

Last edited:
Initially I wasn't ever going to vape having smoked for 39 years. I figured my life was over half over, why would I want to go a little healthier. :) But then I got curious. My first purchase was just to get in the vape door. It was the Snoop Dog G Pen for herbals. So I get that pen and work with it. I almost threw it against the wall a few times but then got the hang of it. In my research I learned it is a glorified electric pipe that will combust weed unless it is used just right. So I use it as an electric pipe if I need it, but it didn't do it for me. So then a few months ago I did get the Magic Flight Launch Box. It seems to have quite a few years of positive reports and even people with tried and true expensive vaporizers said it was a great portable and truly does vape. So I get this, use it a few times and went back to smoking. But I kept going back to the MFLB and learned how vapor works. Now I can use it and get just as high as smoking. It for sure takes practice and different inhaling and temp techniques though.

I really do go back and forth on the difference in highs from smoking and vaping. But I have had some vape sessions that had me very toasted so I can't say smoking is stronger. The learning curve is still to be had by me. By practicing different temps and ways of vaping paid off. I use the MFLB about 70% of the time.

Basically I have went back and forth on all the topics. The questions still remain for me. Sometimes it takes less weed, sometimes the same amount as smoking. Sometimes it is lighter than smoking, sometimes it hits me over the head and is very strong. Needless to say I still go back and forth between a glass pipe and the MFLB. But I am glad I got into vaping. Done right it can certainly pack a punch and there is no definitive answer for me as to which one is stronger and better, vaping or smoking. So I continue both.

I will say I still laugh at all the differences of opinion, some may be facts some not. Arguments among members here that only the THC gets vaped and leaves behind the CBD. Others say that is BS, the CBD also gets vaped. Also the opinions that vaping gets more THC because smoking burns some of it up. I see the opinions from both sides. My opinion is I think vaping and smoking are both worthy, and nothing is written in stone about how well each works.

I will say this, a proper vape session gets me as high, for as long as smoking. So I can't say one way or another which gets me higher. Both smoking and vaping work for me and the highs could have been interchangeable at times. But when I first got the MFLB I didn't think the high was as strong, but that was corrected by technique. Then a little bit of weed went a long way. So I have nothing really to add except more confusion on the topic. :)

(how many times and topics did I go "back and forth" on? )

I love my solo and extreme q ! =D

I'll never go back to smoking now, using a vape has helped me get alot healthier and use less weed and get more stoned. Bongs were causing my chest major problems.