• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA] Vaporizers Thread

I have an Extreme Q & it works nicely when I can be bothered to use it. Even then I use a glass billy with it to cool the vapour. It does barely smell though which is a bonus & if I was purchasing a new vape I would get a high quality portable you can kick back on the couch with.

Anyone love vaporizing weed? i still like to smoke a joint once in a while but vaporizing is such a clean and tasty high. less coughing as well, so smooth in my arizer solo.

i was reading a review<*> about vaporizer smell says that it smells like burnt popcorn and smell lingers only 5~10 minutes. which is great for people who want to be discreet and enjoy herb. if you really have smoke, using a bong with coin cover and a sploof. then blow the smoke through sploof to exhaust fan in washroom

Vaporizer-Smell.jpg

Man fat hits off my vape make me cough soooooooooooooooooooo much, THC really expands in the old lungs. Sploofs definitely help those who have to hide it though.

What's a sploof? Never heard of that.

My buddy is in the process of working on a vape bong. It already won best new product at the connoisseur's cup, and he's got vc's. He's just working on the finishing touches. It's amazing. You can take bong like rips with a glass on glass heating station. You can also use the heating thing in any other piece!

Pretty much what the OP described. You take a toilet paper roll, fill it with dryer sheets, and rubber band a dryer sheet to one end, then blow whatever through it. If you vape and use one, you can walk in the room and it won't smell at all, we used to do it all the time back in the dorms.

That sounds pretty sweet though, do any pictures exist?

i got da buddha made by 7th floor out of Colorado for christmas last year, and I also have the SSV (same company) which is basically the same thing but a little bit higher end. I honestly can't really tell the difference between them though besides the angle of where the whip goes in. They both work great if you're looking for a good vape and don't want to spend the bucks on a volcano. Flavor is always amazing.

Not a big fan of anything with a whip. Ever since the DaVinci Ascent there simply is no other vape except the Volcano. With that thing, I could probably vape on a plane. Not even exaggerating.

Cheaper vapes work okay but I love sucking down volcano bags. If you got the money get a Volcano. I've had mine for years.

I gotta disagree with you Weekend Addiction, when it comes to vapes you can't skimp. I'm not saying pay $500 for a volcano, I am saying that if you're serious about vaping you need to get something at least $200.

I gotta disagree with you Weekend Addiction, when it comes to vapes you can't skimp. I'm not saying pay $500 for a volcano, I am saying that if you're serious about vaping you need to get something at least $200.

Were on the same page then. I was actually refering to vapes in that price range as cheaper vapes.

Salutations Stevenski,

I have an Extreme Q... ...if I was purchasing a new vape I would get a high quality portable...

Good luck with that idea! Very few High-Quality Portables exist, can't think of many. At least some of us eventually learn about the Arizer Extreme-Q being an ACT of FAITH, actually:

extremevaporizerinside3xc1.jpg

...and i've been explained this hasn't changed much since 2008, so...

In short i's got 2 channels merged where one leads direct to our lungs while the other is for electronic heat-exhaust purposes... A designer trip, obviously: as a PotPourri Warmer these units make a lot of sense since hot air from the electronic parts combines with hot air from the heater to cause perfume fragrances to disperse around using an appropriate glass accessory (right-bottom corner of image on this package).

But as a cannabic vaporizer, euh... Judge for yourself carefully, from Arizer's own labelling:

2625nw9.jpg

That should be clear enough, in Canada Arizer just ain't ready to sell this as the vaporizer we all mistaken it for. Simple!

:|

In my humble opinion the Extreme-Q is irrecuperable while the V-Tower simpler layout might leave room for proper corrections in yet-to-come revised versions. Personally i'm probably going to get a good treat taking inside pictures before i put its electronics to storage, waiting for the hypothetical day when i'll want to have severe modding fun, halogen-style in Christmass times i guess...

Healty vaporization isn't about offering customers the option to assume risks from inhaling "Robo-Fart" (in case of a major failure) while Arizer gets their money anyway. My suggestion to those with Harm Reduction sincerely in mind is to avoid anything Arizer since they tried to repeat the very same shared-conduits concept with their Solo, apparently, but don't ask me details as i didn't care to follow that story for long.

It doesn't matter to me how insignificant the odds are, this was gambling which prioritized manufacture concerns over security for human health - unless one thinks it's OKay to take a good toke of exploded electolytic capacitor and whatnot, of course... The rest of the time it will all seem nice! Yeah, sure...

:\

Well, what i know is that i spent 210 $ CAD on a V-Tower i'm hesitant to rely on and now i'm shopping around again for yet another vaporizer, that will be my 4th one since February 2011!...

8(

Happy vape!

Last edited:
Are there any vaps on the market that are conspicuous enough to look like a normal cigarette vap?
I travel around the UK and Europe alot and would love to carry some around with me when I stay over places. Also one that would look OK in a random bag search?
Also my parents are not easily fooled.

Salutations TravelingMan,

Also my parents are not easily fooled.

First of all consider yourself lucky to get any answer from me while you still live with your parents...

With that being clarified i'm adressing the following comment to interested adult readers...

Here's the sort of batteries one can find in a pen vaporizer:

ifa2qv.jpg

Now take a closer look at this manufacturer's warning:

Well, perhaps it's no bid deal but in a miniaturized application like that just don't expect to find proper/sufficient power management circuitry. Personally i wouldn't even want a pen vape to point at me on a regular basis, in any case!...

Salutations Stevenski,

Good luck with that idea! Very few High-Quality Portables exist, can't think of many.

DaVinci... It's $250, so it's a little pricey, but it looks just like a cellphone and it's the same size. The stealth part is just a cool feature, it's the actual technology that makes it so damn amazing. Even if it wasn't portable it would be a great vape. Oh, and you can put an attachment on the glass tube and use to take bong rips. You fit it on the end of the down-stem of your bong and pull... you just got a vape bong. This vape is what I use about 75% of the time when it's around me. If I was an idiot, I could take rips on an airplane.

G-pens are a joke. Building of the trend of the e-cig. They're a good idea, but they're just to damn expensive and they break all the time.

Last edited:
Salutations BennyZA,

DaVinci... It's $250, so it's a little pricey...

Well, i've quit following DaVinci discussions a long while ago but 250 $ ain't so much. Yet, this looks like one valid example where consumers are being offered thermostatic vaporisation while they'd be most unlikely to also benefit from appropriate battery management in terms of operating charge, load, temperature, etc. Unless i've been mistaking that is.

...it's the actual technology that makes it so damn amazing.

On FC their dedicated thread was started in January this year and i guess we can state it became a relatively successful product before the year ends - but the technology doesn't really impress. Now show me blue prints!

G-pens are a joke.

More than one could think, it's gambling and i yet have to see some serious treatment according to the manufacturer's (Panasonic?) spreadsheets, provided he can show any that fits this application at all. I keep waiting patiently for developments but now i'm beyond the lack of optimism with these little gremlins... Big or small.

Should i be forced to depend on batteries some day i just wish it's not going to look like it's pointing at me as a fire arm or something. Oh yes, the batteries are protected and so on, but the thing is i don't care anymore because the mere suggestion of such concerns makes some people abnormally protective and they won't discuss it suitably. As a result i'm very critical of everything battery-operated!

Be carefull. Good day, have fun!

DaVinci... It's $250, so it's a little pricey, but it looks just like a cellphone and it's the same size. The stealth part is just a cool feature, it's the actual technology that makes it so damn amazing. Even if it wasn't portable it would be a great vape. Oh, and you can put an attachment on the glass tube and use to take bong rips. You fit it on the end of the down-stem of your bong and pull... you just got a vape bong. This vape is what I use about 75% of the time when it's around me. If I was an idiot, I could take rips on an airplane.

I can get a brand new one in green for $100 less than retail (on a local website). I just don't know if I should take the gamble without after sales service from a distributor? Thinking practically I am moving back to my parents for 6-12 months & my mum has already said she does not want to see my stinky bongs & the Extreme Q whilst fine is more awkward to use (it cranks hooked up to a glass piece :)).

Not that my parents care about me getting stoned but I figure that it will be much easier to use day to day without pissing anyone off with smells & in particular tar odour & residue in the sink I clean my utensils in. A lot simpler to wander outside for a rip than to heat up the Q & fuck around & I can take it visiting with me since none of my friends smoke weed anymore.

I think you mat have sold me Benny I really do & the Ascent will not be out here for 3-6 months + will be around $300. I know it is the next level in portable vaping but if I can get a DaVinci for 50% of the new model it makes sense to me.

Last edited:
Just teasing because of "Salutations ..." in every single one of your posts haha.