• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

[Mega] The "Why won't MDMA work for me?" thread

unable to roll due to a cold?

Okay so i caught a cold and a couple days after having it, i got my hands on about 150mg of MDA powder. I swallowed all of it and i barely noticed anything after an hour. my heart rate increased slightly and my temperature increased. thats about it though. i never rolled. everybody was saying how it was so good and pure and i saw a friend rolling incredibly off of it. plus it comes from a legit source who always produces legitimate stuff.

i asked my friend and he said its harder for him to roll too when he has a cold. so idk. i never heard of it. what a waste of money.

Could have been bunk. I've rolled whilst being snotted up to the high heavens and never found it to have any less of an effect. I also noticed that my symptoms had pretty much disappeared the next day.

no he had a gram of it and me and 2 other friends took some and they rolled their asses off and i didt. i felt a slight difference but no real fond effects. and they said when they've been sick they've had a hard time rolling.

I had a bad cold the other day. I tested a pill that I already tested but wasn't sure how good it was. You can absolutely still roll with a cold. I actually had such a bad cold I could barely get out of bed to meet my friend. I rolled hard and it was such a good roll that I forgot I had a cold. Cold came back when it wore off though lol. But yea sounds like it wasn't good or MDA if you couldn't roll on a cold.

As far as I know, you can roll with a cold. I did twice. Took longer for me to get over the cold :p but it didn't affect the roll. I mean, I didn't even feel like I had a cold when I was high. It was amazing to forget about it all! But I mean, maybe your body is different, it could be different for different people.

As far as I know, you can roll with a cold. I did twice. Took longer for me to get over the cold :p but it didn't affect the roll. I mean, I didn't even feel like I had a cold when I was high. It was amazing to forget about it all! But I mean, maybe your body is different, it could be different for different people.

When I did it I had a very sore throat, but while I was rolling my sore throat was nonexistent. Afterwards, it started to hurt again though.

Did you take any cold medicine before you rolled? Its possible it could have prevented the effects.

I don't think it was a cold, i rolled the hardest in my life while sick. Although i took 5 pills a moronic move indeed.

When I did it I had a very sore throat, but while I was rolling my sore throat was nonexistent. Afterwards, it started to hurt again though.

Yup, same thing happened for me. I'm not sure why, it may just take your mind off of it or actually eliminate it.

I'm pretty sure you should not be taking cold medicine with MDMA. I think they both speed up your heart or something and you shouldn't be speeding up your heart that much. Something like that ...

I was thinking the same think.
The chemical contents in NyQuil or DayQuil negates any effects of MDMA.

What? Where'd you see that?

Last time I rolled I had a stuffy nose so I took DayQuil ahead of time and still rolled just fine. Then again, it could have different effects for different people.

yeah i was taking DayQuil and Mucinex. i didnt think that would affect it. i just figured the DXM would increase serotonin not block the MDA.

i once had a bit of a influenza coming up, then i took some methylone and the next day it was all gone. I thought it was something like artificial fever wich killed everything before it even really came out, but thats just my theory

yeah i was taking DayQuil and Mucinex. i didnt think that would affect it. i just figured the DXM would increase serotonin not block the MDA.

I honestly think you just got a hold of some bunk stuff.

Also how experienced are you versus your friends? It might have been that you just under-dosed.

In the end there's really know way of us knowing what caused you not to roll.
Just wait your month be sure to try to buy a test kit. That way you know its of decent quality.

So basically, the same thing happened to me last weekend. I took .4 of mdma crystals with my friend for my first time at a deadmau5 event, expected to feel all the amazing things she talks about, and felt nothing, my pupils weren't even that dilated! I weigh about 7 and 3/4 stone, and am female. I take omaperazole occasionally because I suffer from acid reflux (I unfortunately have ibs) but I hadn't taken it that night. The last time I took it was a week ago, and as far as my reading goes, omeaperazole (not sure of the spelling of this) is generally out of your system in about 48 hours, so I know this couldn't have affected me. My friend who I went with was rolling on the same stuff the night before, and took it again for the deadmau5 rave, and was rolling, not hard, but she definitely felt more than a bit giddy. Anyway, I'm a psych student, and was doing some research into IBS. What does this have to do with mdma? Well let me explain. Apparently serotonin is something that has to do with your stomach, I can't quite remember if it is made in your stomach, or if your stomach transmits signals to your brain to make serotonin there, but basically, there is some research going on at the moment to see if people with IBS have a serotonin imbalance as a direct result of their condition. This would explain why people with IBS are more likely to suffer with depression and anxiety disorders (lack of serotonin = unhappiness and uneasiness =anxiety/depression). Interesting line of thought, that goes back to maybe some people (including those with IBS) simply do not have reserves of serotonin in their bodies, and for those people, mdma simply wouldn't work.

By the way I took the .4 over the course of the night, not in one go. I started by dabbing it, and then did 2 small lines of it. My friend who has been doing mdma for some time now estimated I took about .4 over the course of the night. My effects were my pupils weren't dilated, but I did feel quite chatty at one point, but that only lasted for about half an hour. When we got home, I smoked a joint and felt REALLY chatty after that, and although I was going to the toilet quite frequently before, I went 4 times in the space of an hour. Cannabis isn't something new to me, I've been smoking for about 8 years now.