• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

[Mega] The "Why won't MDMA work for me?" thread

Telling someone to stop taking a prescribed SSRI, especially one like Paxil, has got to be the stupidest thing I have ever read on this forum. No one listen to this clown, Harm Reduction at its WORST right there.

I didn't tell him to stop it, I told him what he needed to do for it to work, that's what he asked.

Do this.. Get 2 strong ass pills. And a good amount of vitamin c. (even though someone will correct me about how it doesnt do anything) If you still arent rolling you're one of the MANY people ex doesnt work for. Drugs affect people differently. crystal puts me to sleep :D

Do this.. Get 2 strong ass pills. And a good amount of vitamin c. (even though someone will correct me about how it doesnt do anything) If you still arent rolling you're one of the MANY people ex doesnt work for. Drugs affect people differently. crystal puts me to sleep :D

What would be the purpose of the vitamin c? I remember in high school it was rumored that if you drank orange juice or took vit. C in massive doses it would make you trip harder. LOL Pretty soon vitamin c went good with everything. I seriously doubt it would play any role in whether or not a person can roll though. Its problobly a good idea to take some anyway as vit. C is a important vitamin:D

I don't know whats wrong with me. my first time taking ecstacy was at my friends house and it was an orange maserati. I felt a light buzz on my body for about 5 mins but then it went away and i was just chill and happy the whole night. it kept me up the whole night and I had to go take a piss every 15 mins. other than that, I didn't feel anything. my friends said i probably didn't feel anything because i just finished eating a whataburger meal not even 5 mins before swallowing the pill with some water. other people said it was probably a bunk so i didn't think much if it after that.

[Snip ...]

haha sorry. im about 6 ft flat and weigh about 170. I have no health problems and i am not on any medication. I was in a pretty comfortable spot on my friends couch. and i was thinking about what it was going to feel like whole time. idk if that affects anything.

A few possible explanations:

- 'Bad' pills (ie. not MDMA)
- Medication such as SSRI's may impact your experience.
- MDMA may not 'work' for you or you have a high tolerance. Research is ongoing, but there is evidence that levels of CYP2D6 (an enzyme in your liver) have an effect on how your body processes MDMA. Levels of CYP2D6 vary depending on your genetics.

MDMA no effect...wtf...?

K so i always buy the same 150mg molly caps i did the same one my first time as every time and every time ive had really great intense rolls. like i definitely know i was really tweaked biting down, ultimate happiness etc.

i got one for my friend for her first time and she said she just felt a little close with her friends when she took it. it seemed like she was describing a placebo effect based on what shed read about the drug. she didnt bite down at all, she didnt have that feeling of excitement in her gut, i just dont understand

is it possible some people wouldn't feel it their first time? because my first time was insaaaane

maybe shes a manipulative bitch and didnt take the pill and made the whole story up?

maybe she has a tapeworm, which last night was the happiest tapeworm that ever existed?

anyone got a reasonable explanation?

She's probably on a SSRI (common type of anti-depressant / anti-anxiety medication) which blocks MDMA.

Didn't work

Well at the show this past Saturday I dropped .1 an hour before I got there and didn't feel anything. So I dropped the second an hour or so later and still didn't feel much. I never actually rolled or felt anything different except for maybe more energy. I was planning on trying again NYe but I'm not sure if that's to much MDMA in that time span. Also if there is anything I could dp differently please let me know.

Test your gear!

Honestly if it didnt work and you have rolled before then chances are you were taking something other than Ecstasy (MDMA).

A bottle of Marquis is 20$!

Are you on any medications? Some block MDMA's effectiveness. I also second that you should test your pills. I am sorry to hear that it didnt work out for your first time, I hope you get a chance to have a proper first roll

You order a kit online where you test a tiny speck of the suspected MDMA and see how it reacts to the chemical reagent. The reaction will tell you if what you have is MDxx or something else.

Chances are what you have isn't MDMA, or is cut pretty badly. So I would say that you're safe to try again on New Years, but you might want to get better stuff.

You really can't tell just by looking at powder or a pill, especially with MDMA. If a test kit is out of the question, the only thing you can really go off of is trusting the word of a friend.

If you're dealing with pills, pillreports.com is a good way to get an idea of what is in your area and what's good/bad. Not a substitute for a testing kit but definitely better than blindly taking something.

I would advise against buying it at the event you are going to if at all possible. Unless it is a friend that you know ahead of time - a lot of the people selling at clubs are selling crappy stuff because they know people will still buy some. I am not saying that all stuff you buy at a club is going to be bad, but there is a higher chance. So try to buy it ahead of time and test it, or if thats not possible then talk to someone who has tried the same batch to make sure you aren't going to be dissappointed again.

Yeah, it probably wasn't MDMA. I'm not an expert by any means but I believe speed gives you bursts of energy and MDMA is sometimes cut with speed. It could have been a pill that was primarily speed and not so much MDMA.

You should have definitely been feeling it. Testing kits are useful. Having a friend who had a good match is helpful as well (that's usually how I go because I only need a couple pills for like a whole day, so it works for me). But testing and ensuring that it's a good pill or has some MDMA in it.

There's no way it was MDMA if you took .2 and felt nothing..
That's a large dose for a first time.
I doubt it was speed because with speed you would have definitely felt a body change and a body high.
If it were adulterated you would have been fuck'd up to some degree, or at least had trouble sleeping or any sort of adverse effects you would think.
maybe it was nothing.. just caffeine lol.

I have never rolled before that's the thing.
have you tried railing them? i thought i was immune to mdma, the first time I took two mollies, the same stuff my friends were, and they were rolling out of their minds, and all i got was a little bit of unpleasant jaw clenching and heart racing. the second time i tried it, a couple months later, i took five mollies one night over a period of eight hours just to try to feel something (I don't recommend this btw, I was super down for the next few days), and while my friends took like three of the same capsules and rolled super hard, i felt next to nothing.
I bought a random pill at a concert but decided to take it home and test it first, and it turned out to be mda. A few weeks later, I took it at another concert and after three hours I still wasn't feeling anything, major bummer. Then one of my friends suggested railing, and she gave me a molly capsule. Not so great for your nose, it kinda burned, but after 20ish minutes I finally felt like I was coming up and it only got better from then on out :) I took one more the same way an hour later.
I think some people just absorb the stuff into their systems differently. If you're comfortable trying a different method, give it a try.