• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA] The green dragon thread- alcohol extracts and tinctures

No problem. As long as you simmer it on the lowest setting (below ~170 degrees F), and don't let it burn when the contents get low, it should not degrade the actual amount of THC by any noticeable amount. For making green dragon (especially the tincture not just a drink), I found the electric stove method to work the best out of all that I have tried.

Heating does however change the taste, but no matter which way you look at it, raw green dragon is going to taste well....raw.

thanks for the reply... as I now see my problem was that I used a lot of alcohol, 750ml, so I woul need to evaporate a lot...would that affect the final product? and when should I stop applying heat from the electric stove? I am sorry I didnt did my research before hand, because I just wanted the green dragon to make the cocktail, but as it tastes super bad and you need to drink more than 8 ounces (incluiding the liquor and the mixer) I decided to make the concentrated form of tincture...would that transition in way of thinking affect my resutls?
thanks and sorry for the hassle

I reduced the mix from 750 ml to 200ml and taste it...pretty nice, but a little burning under the tongue.. tomorrow would try to simmer it a bit more so it can be more potent

yeah get it down to 100 ml, and you got .28 grams/ml so 2 ml would be half gram dose.

50 ml and you got about half a gram/ml which should be a good dose.

you could put it into a shallow dish and just let it evap naturally to be sure not to ruin it.

1. Chop cannabis very fine (coffee grinder works great)

2. Place in a shallow pan (a sheet of aluminum foil works great) and bake at 325°F for 5 minutes.

3. Remove from oven and place cannabis in 2 oz of 151 proof rum (use a small wide mouth mason jar)

4. Simmer in a water bath for 20 minutes. Maintain temperature of the rum/cannabis mixture between 170°F.

5. Strain the mixture and store.

Result - Amazing tincture every time, instantly! (aka Green Dragon)

http://boards.cannabis.com/concentrates/82380-definitive-green-dragon-revised-updated-combined.html

I reduced the mix from 750 ml to 200ml and taste it...pretty nice, but a little burning under the tongue.. tomorrow would try to simmer it a bit more so it can be more potent

Hey brother, just a heads up if you try to do this again...my buddy always used Everclear when he made his tincture, it seemed to work amazingly, and I can attest that one dropper was potent enough to get a good, strong "weed food"-type buzz going on. He used AK47, so I'm sure that helped, but it gave it a wonderful hint of citrus flavor; the tingling was a bit strong, but using such strong alcohol let him REALLY reduce the amount of alcohol he needed.

1. Chop cannabis very fine (coffee grinder works great)

2. Place in a shallow pan (a sheet of aluminum foil works great) and bake at 325°F for 5 minutes.

3. Remove from oven and place cannabis in 2 oz of 151 proof rum (use a small wide mouth mason jar)

4. Simmer in a water bath for 20 minutes. Maintain temperature of the rum/cannabis mixture between 170°F.

5. Strain the mixture and store.

Result - Amazing tincture every time, instantly! (aka Green Dragon)

http://boards.cannabis.com/concentrates/82380-definitive-green-dragon-revised-updated-combined.html

why would you want to put the cannabis in the oven for 5 minutes at 325? Thats exactly what my vaporizer does to my bud and that would be no good. :p

Dude he already made the tincture....

I can see that from his post, I was just providing a better recipe in the future that makes a concentrated tincture.

why would you want to put the cannabis in the oven for 5 minutes at 325? Thats exactly what my vaporizer does to my bud and that would be no good. :p

One point about the oven temp is that air is a very poor conductor of heat. For example, you can stick your bare hand into a 325f oven & you won't get burned. Sticking your hand into a pot of boiling (212f) water is a whole other matter.

"THC vaporizes at about 380°F. We want to heat the cannabis to convert THCA to THC, but keep the temperature under 380°F. That is why 325°F is used. Between four and five minutes your oven (and house) will start to smell very strong. This is the time to remove the cannabis from the oven.

Notice also that there is considerable misinformation regarding heating the cannabis. It is true that you don't have to heat it to extract both THC and THCA, but the amount of THC in whole plant preparations is relatively small compared to after decarboxylation of the THCA. So if you want to maximize the strength of your tincture you must heat the cannabis prior to extraction."

Also, if you read through the entire thread that I linked, it is noted that after some tests people have had better results with a bit lower temperature and higher bake time. I have always done 325 and its turned out amazing every time.

:)

^I think you can decarboxylate weed by putting it at 150 F for 10 minutes. 325 is way too high imo.

^I think you can decarboxylate weed by putting it at 150 F for 10 minutes. 325 is way too high imo.

Let me know how that works out.

208jz4k.jpg
[/IMG]

so 250 degrees fahrenheit for 21-27 minutes for maximum thc extract potential :)

That seems to be about right. That's what I am going to try next time.

It has been more convenient to do 5 minutes even though it's more wasteful 8o

stoners thanks for sll your replies, I even enjoyed the little argument...good people here, keep the good vibes, keep smoking and merry xmas%)

this is how you do it!

take one 750 ml of 151 proof booze, place in container with 1 cup of flour, soak for more then one day.

ok the flour take 78 grams of leaves or a combo of leaves and buds and process then in a food processor or coffee bean grinder grind until flour. Make 1 cup about 78 grams.

the booze, you can use everclear, but 151 rum works and tastes better.

you must use a coffee filters to strain the mix. More then one coffee filter and you have to give it time to drain!

one shot per drink, have fun!

When I made it I used did pretty much what Bauzite said but with 2 oz of mint extract (huge mistake) which I put 2gs of nice weed into. I then simmered this for 20 minutes using a hot water bath. The liquor was reduced to about one oz at this point and the weed filtered out.

It tasted like complete ass since there was so much mint (I don't drink and was 17 and decided that buying some mint extract would be easier and higher alcohol content than getting an amount of vodka I didn't need) but mixed well into chocolate smoothies. Around 5 ml induced a very pleasant mental and body high that kicked in after an hour and lasted for about five. I never dosed much higher than that.

So the alcohol has to be at least 150 proof (75 percent alc by volume) to do this? What is the ideal proof or ABV? What is the minimum? My search engine is fucked it keeps redirecting me to adds. Info would be appreciated.

I use Everclear 190 proof and have had excellent results. What I've found is a great way to make Dragon and dispense it.
Recipe:
1 dried ounce cannibas - finely ground in a small food proccesser ( I use natural homegrown that way I know what went in to growing proccess)
12 oz Everclear or 151 proof alcohol ( nothing lower)
1 16oz Mason Jar per batch
12 1oz dropper bottles
Now here are the two ways I have made it and both work very well

Cold Proccess
Place ingredients in jar and shake
Place jar in a freezer for 3 to 4 weeks agitating daily
When time is up strain through coffee filters into dropper bottles
Save grounds and allow to dry, they go great in brownies or carrot cake.

Warm Proccess
Place ingredients in jar and shake
Place jar in a paper bag in a dark place for 6 to 8 weeks agitating daily
When time is up strain through coffee filters into dropper bottles
Save grounds and allow to dry, they go great in brownies or carrot cake.

Now this may seem like a long time to have to wait but the end product is worth it. The one that is best is Warm proccess. In both cases you place 3-5 drops under tongue and wait 15 minutes if more is required repeat until dosage level is reached. I use this for medicinal purposes to ease lower backpain and to sleep at night. I do not use it to get stoned but before I found my level it did happen more than once. [wink wink]
Enjoy Jfive