• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[Mega]Synthetic Cannabinoid Discussion

Today whilst rolling a blunt of "Red Magic" (Spice, JWH-xxx) I stopped and thought about how much of this stuff I've been smoking recently. I used to smoke weed most everyday but then switched to Spice about 3 months ago due mostly to it's convenient availability (and it's legal here).

I am also concerned about the potential health risks associated with daily consumption. Unlike marijuana, I don't know anyone who has been smoking synthetics for 20+ years and therefor I have no measure as to the effects of chronic use. I personally haven't noticed anything serious in the way of negative side effects (yet). I have noticed that if I smoke too much, I get a nasty headache.

Does anyone have any info on, or links to information on chronic use of synthetic marijuana?

These drugs have only been widely available for a couple years and it wasn't until 2009 that they figured out synthetic cannabinoids were in spice products! I don't see how they COULD have accurate scientific information on long term effects when no one in the world has used them long term.

You know Cane, I was thinking the same thing as I typed that last question. Do you think the danger/mystery/uncertainty associated with a new drug hurts or helps to garner its appeal among the drug using populace? Risky behavior and drug abuse/addiction go hand in hand.

I've tried some, some give me weird highs and some give me weed like highs, it's weird...I'd stick to weed if you can lol

merged into uh... hmm... synthetic thread... or quitting thread.

Synthetic seems more appropriate, so...

---> MEGA Synthetic thread

OP - The effects are unknown. As a lab rat of sorts, I can tell you I have been smoking it for quiet a while (8+ months), for 5 of those months very heavily, and now less frequently.

I've noticed no side effects, but I HIGHLY suggest you make your own blends, spice products contain god-knows what. I'd much rather know what exactly is in my blends than smoking highly inflated and overpriced pre-packaged products. Do yourself a favor and drop the pre-packaged stuff, I've heard some VERY nasty side effects... however users who use pure JWH and make their own blends do not complain of these side effects at near the same rate.

I think the thing that's weirding me out the most right now about this Serenity Now Spearmint blend is not that it feels weird so much as how much it actually feels like regular weed.

Red eyes, lethargy, munchies, music is awesome are some of the noted effects. It feels more like an indica to me, I'd say.

Still, I'm right back to marijuana after a short while. I think this type of product may be good for those on probation for legal issues, as it is not currently tested for, and if you live in a state that offers it.

I was hoping to share my experience with K2 and hope that perhaps someone else experienced what I did. I've done a lot of research online, and I've found stories, but nothing completely similar. I don't know what I'm really searching for in posting this, but it's all I can think about today and feels important to state.

I have smoked marijuana for a number of years, and follow the pattern that I'm sure many users follow: smoke a quarter, scrape a bowl of resin, repeat. I've always liked the taste of resin and its effects (though I know many disagree). I started smoking k2 a little over a month ago and have had quite a bit. I experienced a high that was very similar to marijuana though sometimes slightly more intense. I ran out a few nights ago, and though I would give resin a shot, which I had not done until that point. I scraped a bowl, and took 1 hit. I promise I am not exaggerating on this detail, and I did not have any other drugs (including alcohol) in my system at the time. I feel stupid for having done this...I already knew little about the drug, and resin always feels shady and desperate, but the fact is I did, and there are many other people out there who I'm sure will do the same.

Within a minute of my hit, I was tripping harder than I ever have off of shrooms or acid (these are the only hallucinogens I've tried). My cats were talking to me (humorous but terrifying in the moment), my apartment seemed threatening, and I felt paranoia that was crippling. I could not convince myself to walk across the room to get my phone or a bottle of water, and instead sat on my bed in complete panic that people were coming into my apartment. Visually, I experienced the same kind of "breathing walls" that I had on mushrooms, but everything seemed very frightening, as opposed to the pleasant connotation everything has on shrooms. I have had what I thought were bad trips, but this experience was so intense it made the other ones I'd had seem like nothing. I spent about an hour in complete panic, my heart was racing and I could not seem to calm myself, and I was caught in a whirlwind of alternating depression and fear. Anything I thought of I continued to think of in the most negative ways possible until I started crying and could not stop. I was more scared than I ever have been in my life, and had to constantly reassure myself that drugs were the cause of my feelings (I have to say I feel quite proud regarding my response and ability to keep myself as calm as possible).

Immediately following this reaction, the feeling changed very dramatically and I felt on top of the world. This was not similar to any euphoria or high I've experienced, because I felt, completely literally, that I could do anything. I've heard many stories of people jumping out of windows on acid, and I've always rolled my eyes, considering that it was probably propoganda to frighten people out of drugs. Last night, I felt that I could have jumped. I could have done absolutely anything, and I felt an intense, all encompassing power over my world, that while pleasant, was very frightening. I was afraid of my own actions and stayed in my bed. I then went through several alternating periods of this powerful sensation followed by fear and then back again. I fell asleep finally with all lights on in my apartment, fully dressed in bed.

I know the details of my actual trip are probably unneccesary, but the feelings that were created by these details were overwhelming. Perhaps I had a bad trip simply because I wasn't expecting it and had a panic attack? Or perhaps this is the nature of the drug. Either way, I would never want anyone to feel the way that I did. In my reseach online, this site seems to be the most intelligent, and perhaps someone else out there might have some words of wisdom regarding this experience.

In my reseach online, this site seems to be the most intelligent, and perhaps someone else out there might have some words of wisdom regarding this experience.

You severely overdosed. K2 contains synthetic cannabinoid chemicals that mimic the effects of THC. (The precise makeup of chemicals is unknown since the vendor can change it from batch to batch anyway.) Some of these chemicals are very potent, much more so than THC. In the process of smoking K2, these chemicals condensed on the inside of your pipe, leaving behind a concentrated resin consisting of very potent chemicals. You scraped the resin, smoked it, and got way too much.

I'm glad to hear you are alive and seemingly well. Any apparent lasting negative effects? The most responsible thing to do may be to drop the pipe in the waste/rubbish bin so that this doesn't happen to you or anyone else again. Changing pipes frequently may be a good idea in general when smoking any material containing synthetic cannabinoids.

You severely overdosed. K2 contains synthetic cannabinoid chemicals that mimic the effects of THC. (The precise makeup of chemicals is unknown since the vendor can change it from batch to batch anyway.) Some of these chemicals are very potent, much more so than THC. In the process of smoking K2, these chemicals condensed on the inside of your pipe, leaving behind a concentrated resin consisting of very potent chemicals. You scraped the resin, smoked it, and got way too much.

I'm glad to hear you are alive and seemingly well. Any apparent lasting negative effects? The most responsible thing to do may be to drop the pipe in the waste/rubbish bin so that this doesn't happen to you or anyone else again. Changing pipes frequently may be a good idea in general when smoking any material containing synthetic cannabinoids.

Or by cleaning it thoroughly with a couple pipe cleaners, good old soap, and hot water. :)

Well I just discarded my remaining (probably 1.5g) Serenity Now Spearmint herbal blend, roughly half of what was left. I did so b/c the chemicals, though they feel quite benevolent acting on me, are new and the potential safety issue is just too great - I think. The only problem I see is that I actually quite like the way that blend felt/feels. It is not at all cold and distant, so maybe has a very high concentration of JWH-073 in it??

Dunno, but for my own health, I am stopping ...

Last edited:
I am torn.

Does anyone find that the synthetics mess up your eyes more? My eyes get all puffy, red, and right now, no joke, my left eye has been lazied, due, I'm pretty sure, to smoking this Serenity Now.

Makes me look blazed. And feel.

I think it's just because you can get so high that your eyes are gonna be very red...I don't know about lazy eyes; I've never seen anything like that but it's probably good you're taking a break.

I am torn.

Does anyone find that the synthetics mess up your eyes more? My eyes get all puffy, red, and right now, no joke, my left eye has been lazied, due, I'm pretty sure, to smoking this Serenity Now.

Makes me look blazed. And feel.

Synthetic Cannabinoids causing bung eye, now I have heard it all.

I think it's just because you can get so high that your eyes are gonna be very red...I don't know about lazy eyes; I've never seen anything like that but it's probably good you're taking a break.

I don't mean it's lazy in the sense I'm experiencing diplopia. I can see one single image still, haha, it's just the left eye lid is like inflamed so unless I "manually" override my body and open both my eyes WIDE, it doesn't go up all the way.

It happens rarely with me sometimes if I get too much sleep or if I rub my eyes a lot, regardless of real or "fake" weed being involved.

I just wanted to correct you so as to not spread misinformation, it's not diplopia, it's just an inflamed eye lid that makes my one eye look like it's half-open (of 3/4 open) during the day. :):)

Blending 018/073 Experiment

I'm chiming in now, because I think some people might be able to benefit from my observations.

The JWH compounds are so new, and we understand so little about them, that I think approaching JWH's without due caution is foolish. I have been reading about people staying high on JWH for days on end and ending up with terrible headaches that won't go away. Some people will vaporize a huge quantity of JWH at once and have a terrifying trip. I'm not even going to try vaporizing JWH's because it is too easy to ingest way too much and be sorry for it. I've decided to try making some of my own smoking blends to find a dosage and combination that is fun to do, unlocks my creativity, and doesn't leave me hammered the next day.

A little about me, I used to smoke quite a bit of weed many years ago. I even judged a water pipe design contest my junior year in college, where I did 24 ultra-powerful hits of weed in succession. I've done LSD, shrooms, peyote (all which I liked), speed (for two weeks, I got addicted and had to stop), coke (which I didn't really like), and many forms of cannabis. One time I mixed acid with hash oil dipped blunts with nitrous oxide and had a very scary out of body of experience. After that, any amount of cannabis would trigger intense visuals, no matter how small. Since then, I've tried to be careful not to overdose on anything, not even alcohol.

I tried a prepackaged herbal incense (Bayou Blaster) that I like quite a bit. It takes about 3-4 hits from a pipe to get a nice even buzz, makes for relaxing sleep, and a refreshed feeling in the morning. This positive experience prompted me to experiment with making my own blends. I've worked in chemical laboratories for over 10 years, and I'm very careful about measurements, documentation and safety.

Batch #1 (2% JWH-018 and 4% JWH-073)
- Pan balance is accurate to 0.01 g.
- Placed 0.10 g of JWH-018 and 0.20 g JWH-073 in a 50 ml beaker
- Dissolved in a minimum amount of reagent grade (99.99% ) acetone, about 4 ml
- Brought the volume up to 20 ml with Everclear (95% alcohol)
- Poured the solution into a polyethylene spray bottle
- Spread 5.00 g of cleaned damiana leaf on a glass plate
- Sprayed the damiana uniformly with the JWH solution
- Rinsed beaker with another 10 ml of Everclear, and sprayed remaining traces of JWH onto damiana
(Aside: it's a good idea to clean out your spray bottle with alcohol because the acetone will soften the plastic over time and make your bottle unusable.)
- Covered plate of sprayed leaves with a paper towel, allowed to air-dry for 18 hrs, until no acetone or ethanol scent was detectable, and leaves were dry and fluffy.
- Placed impregnated damiana in a sealed glass container
- Added about 3-4 ml of bourbon whiskey for body and flavor, resealed and shook the contents, allowed to sit for an hour

Safety precautions: Acetone and Everclear (95% ethanol) are both highly flammable liquids and should not come in contact with flames or high heat. I use reagent grade acetone because it doesn't leave a residue, unlike less pure grades sold as polish removers, that do leave residues.

Flight Test #1a (Male 230 lbs):

- Inhaled one hit from a pipe. Very little effect after 5 minutes.
- Took a second hit, and this was enough to get across the threshold.
I noticed this blend did not cause intense visuals, and I was not disoriented. I felt a strong creative energy, and decide to play guitar for about 30 mins, experimenting with some improvisational melodies, chord progressions and lyrics. My S.O. thought it sounded wonderful, and commented that she had never heard me play that well before. Feeling quite energetic, I decided to change the flat tire on her car, which I did successfully. On the way to the auto mechanic (she drove), the high began to dissipate, leaving a mellow relaxed feeling in its absence. I didn't experience any cottonmouth or munchies.

Flight Test #1b (Male 230 lbs, Female 200? lbs -she won't tell me =D -):

- Smoked 3 good-sized hits from a pipe in succession, with my S.O. I was across the threshold quickly (1 minute) this time. We had had 2-3 drinks each before smoking.
- No alarming visuals ensued, which was good. I felt a very nice body high, with mind mellowness. I started to explain the importance of three dimensional geometry in molecules and how it give rises to the visible spectrum to my S.O. but I was kind of losing her, but she liked listening to the science-y words I was using. We decided to hang out on the porch and do some improvizational comedy skits, which made us laugh like crazy. There was a lot of synergistic creative energy, the S.O. even started dancing to music, something she is usually too inhibited to do. Music and video appreciation was noticeably heightened. I did play some guitar this time as well, but I got interrupted, so it didn't seem to gel this time. We both did get some light munchies, cured by some frozen yogurt, mmmmm!

Later on, S.O. said that she liked this high better than that prepackaged blend (probably just JWH-018 ) because she didn't feel as disoriented with Batch #1, while the other blend seemed to interfere with her sense of balance. I found Batch #1 enhanced human contact; there was a lot more making out and massaging and cuddling and joking around, not as sexual in nature as sensual. ;) Going to sleep, my muscles felt very relaxed, and we both woke up early the next morning feeling very refreshed and well-rested, no hangover, just a mellow glow.

Conclusions:

Batch #1 is a very gentle yet effective blend. I can see sharing an entire blunt of this without getting so wasted that I feel the need for an ambulance. While JWH-018 mainly targets the CB-1 receptor, and adds trippiness to the experience, the JWH-073 targets the CB-2 receptor more, and adds the body high that is characteristic of weed. Marijuana contains a complex mixture of CB-1 and CB-2 agonists AND antagonists, which results in a longer-lasting effect. The experience of these flight tests was very similar to a marijuana high, except that the onset is faster and the duration is shorter (about 1.5 hrs). The balance between JWH-018 and JWH-073 seemed to be the reason for the pleasantness of these flight tests. I thought this batch was a tad weak, but my S.O. said she prefered this concentration. I guess I will have to take a hit or two more than her next time.

The reason I'm going to all the trouble of blending myself is that I can control the components of the blend, as well as the dosage. People who are disregarding the potential for danger and abuse of JWH's are making it harder for us to justify keeping these drugs legal, IMHO. I enjoy my whiskey, one shot a time, spread out over the evening, but I'm not going to sit down and drink the whole bottle. But inhaling outrageous amounts of JWH off aluminum foil is analogous to drinking the whole bottle. I'm sure there are some JWH users who can vaporize off the foil and do quite well, but there are too many who are getting fucked by it. That's why encourage blending instead of straight vaping, it's just more responsible and pleasant.

My two cents, as usual. :)

Well I just finished a batch of 3g's of JWH.. 2g 73 and 1g 81. I let friends test it numerous times, but I'd say I consumed at least 2g total of jwh myself in the past month. I originally came here to seek advice about which JWH's you guys would recommend, but after reading a few pages here you guys have pretty much scared the shit outta me.

I've been smoking JWH simply because good weed is so expensive here, and as a full-time student with a part-time job I don't much extra $$ to throw around. I am currently on a week or so break from bud/jwh for tolerance purposes. So far I have noticed no side-effects, woke up the past 2 days feeling fine. I do have a few ?'s and would appreciate any input:

1. Are there any JWH's with less of a estimated cancer risk than others?
2. Is there anything wrong with just putting some pure JWH on top of some tobacco? That's the way I've been smoking it and it's been working fine in terms of getting me high. I have vaped it in the past and it has worked fine but it is usually more convenient for me to just pack some in a bowl.
3. If you had to pick 4 of the following JWH's which would you pick?: 018, 019, 073, 081, 122, 200, 210, 250
4. Best tasting/safest herbs to make a JWH blend out of?

Last edited:
I do not and never have owned a mg scale, ive eyeballed every dose of JWH-018,250, and 019 and have only had positive experiences. Honestly it isnt hard to eyeball a dose, ive eyeballed with much more active RC's

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showpost.php?p=9025088&postcount=3

I am highly fucking interested in this. If anyone can figure this out, I would be very, very grateful. I want to know how they are making this mixture. If I can figure out how to make my own "Spice-alike" blends in my fucking room, I'm sure I can make a simply PG/VG solution as well.

I've contacted the company directly to ask if they will do higher yield bottles.