MEGA - Studying, Exams, Stress, and coping with them

AARRGHHH finals!!!!

damn finals coming up soon and i have to write a 10 page paper about a stupid book that i havent even started reading YET!!! any1 a procrastinator too? cant wait till semester ends time to party hardy all day

I'm definitely not looking forward to taking my finals, I need to stock up on some Adderall.

i dont have finals. i have projects. but they still suck, and ive learned the best way to avoid procrastination is to close yourself in a room where you will not be disturbed, turn off the tv, internet, and instant messenger, grab some coffee/alcohol/beverage of choice, possibly adderall, jam some of your favorite tunes, rock out while doing your work. of course im sure this can't exactly work during writing a paper, but you can alter your music selection accordingly :)

i have to write a 10 page paper about a stupid book that i havent even started reading YET!!!

You think ten pages is bad.. I have a 35 page research paper due in less than two weeks that I havent started yet, plus finals in all my other classes....
My sleep is definitely going to be quite limited the rest of this month:(

I need to stock those instant release addys ... aderall and newports = Own4ge for finals.

Mine are coming up the 2nd week of december.... then. DONE Wit the semester! WhooO!!

I haven't used any drugs what so ever this semester, and it has made it remarkably easier. I am finished with one class (finished my final presentation today), have to write a 15 page paper which I have already researched for another, and take two finals.

Considering I have 2 A+s, one A, and one A-, I am not too worried about finals. It is about fucking time I'm not stressed to all hell. If you want to see what school was like with drugs, check out my post "Did you ever barely pull it off?". :)

who else is perusing bluelight when they are supposed to be studying?? major procrastination, i know, but at least i'm learning something, heh.

Same here lol.

damn finals coming up soon and i have to write a 10 page paper about a stupid book that i havent even started reading YET!!! any1 a procrastinator too? cant wait till semester ends time to party hardy all day

I feel ya I have to write a history research paper in one night and I'm already super baked lol.

35 page paper due monday for me, as stated earlier, spent the past 4 days working on it and got 6 rough pages done... im so fucked
goooodbye college and the 3 years i spent working my ass off there..

35 page paper due monday for me, as stated earlier, spent the past 4 days working on it and got 6 rough pages done... im so fucked

You will learn next time not to wait till the last minute

Jesus, only six pages in four days? Did you just begin the actual researching of the paper or were you writing it after doing the research?

Finals suck. Unless your schedule has bad luck, it's the only time of the year where there's a test every day for a week. ugh. I only have 2 this year but they are back to back and it's org chem and biochem and they are both cumulative dammit.

Most of my finals are "studio" related (photography major), so while there's really no studying needed, I have a ton of lab hours I need to somehow fit into my schedule and it's really stressing me out trying to find the time for it all :(

Not to mention I have a 20 page graphic design book I have to put together (professionally bound) by next week, and I haven't even done the layout yet...ajfdal;rj*@#()!jkl :!

Health assessment lab exam which is pass fail, you need 18/20 to pass. They were nice and basically told us we lnly have to know 5 systems, even though there are about 8 or 9 we've studied. After that one it's just 3 written exams (Assessment is going to be tough, should get an A, skills lab should be an easy A, and nutrition should be an A+), that's if I can get everything done I need to do, but class is pretty much over so it's doable.

Lets see:

physics: 2 hour exam which will determine my overall grade.
chemistry: ACS standardized chemistry test, also determines my overall grade.
petrology: thank the baby jeebus, a 4 page paper on a selected topic. i was suggested to write about hekla or lunar flood basalts. i chose the flood basalts since there isn't much by way of information (as a whole) about hekla.

Jesus, only six pages in four days? Did you just begin the actual researching of the paper or were you writing it after doing the research?

No actually i had done research all semester, wrote a rough draft and submitted it to the teacher last week to make sure it was acceptable, and she totally rejected it and made me start from scratch. She never gave me a deadline until last week. So ive spent the last few days researching and writting. Research is done, but I have a problem putting my thoughts into words so thats why its taking me so damn long. The subject is so narrow too... Got to 15 pages today though, half way there. have two days left. I will bullshit the rest if i have to, shit i would be happy with a D, maybe if im lucky i can get a C... either way, pretty sure this class will make me lose my scholarship which pays my whole way...
Theres a lot more to the story... buti havent got time to write about it... back the paper lol
Peace

Oh yeah.. thank GOD for dexedtrostat!

Someone at my work told me the BEST STUDY STRATEGY EVER. I got a 65 on my last quiz, and then I tried out this tip and I got a fucking 85 on the next one. Suck my dicko espanola 8)

I'm a pizza delivery driver on weekends, but you can do this, anyone who drives.

Write down flashcards of the info you need to memorize, and then when you drive just place it on your dashboard or whatever. Every couple minutes, switch the card for different material.

Also if you work with spanish people, talk to them in spanish using advanced, new grammar that you learned. Don't just yo estoy buen them over and over...

God finals suck! I've been cramming so hard.

Also pressure works. I had to crank out a 10 page paper a couple weeks ago in 7 hours when I realized I misread the syllabus. I also cranked out a 10 page paper in 2 days last week, only to find out that the due date was pushed a week back. 10 pages is nothing though. With a research paper if you need more info just start finding interesting quotes in your research material and figure out which paragraph of yours it fits into, or make a new one. Then for each piece of material you source, like a quotes or a fact that requires citation, you can write at least 2 sentences about how it relates to your thesis or proves your point or whatever.

Research papers are ezpz. The hard part is actually coming up with a concise thesis and how you will argue it.