• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA]Methods of Smoking

What method of smoking is your favourite?

• Joint (pure cannabis rolled in a paper)

Votes: 32 10.2%
  • Spliff (cannabis/tobacco mix rolled in a paper)

Votes: 33 10.5%
  • Blunt (cannabis rolled in a tobacco wrap)

Votes: 33 10.5%
  • Bowl (traditional pipe)

Votes: 52 16.5%
  • Bong (water pipe)

Votes: 100 31.7%
  • Waterfall/bucket/gravity bong

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Vaporiser

Votes: 47 14.9%
  • Hot-knives

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Other (please specify in post)

Votes: 9 2.9%

• Total voters
Have you tried a butane extraction yet? Hardest part is finding a good tube to run your extracts through... Otherwise, the purging process is waaay shorter as compared to an ISO extraction... and it turns out better quality oils as well.

Here's what I am running... I bought this turkey baster at bed, bath and beyond for about *snip*. They have a little needle that comes with it that you can break off... and it fits the Colibre/Lucina/Vector can tips perfectly. You just need to ziptie a coffee filter to the bottom opening and your ready to go. Like I said, the extraction times are far faster and the quality is better using the butane method as opposed to the ISO method. Just been my experience.

100_5427.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
i use a hot plate and my shit is done about as fast as butane. I don't like using butane as its expensive and the results are so close its not worth it for me.
Yeah if i want some of the best purest oil ill go with butane, but if i want to efficiently get all my THC and cannabinoids then ill take the alcohol.

I mean my shit comes out golden and looks like butane oil, except its on the cheap. Its easier safer and cheaper for me to do it with ISO.

My buddy is all about the butane, and i have hit his hash back to back with mine and mine tastes better every time.

Last edited:
You just use a candle and the metal plate site horizontal above it while the oil sizzles? It's pretty simple to make a ghetto version yourself. I just use a pentube held in my mouth holding a tablespoon over a torch.

kultron, thats nasty as hell.
you realize you're inhaling plastic vapours too, right?

Where are the plastic vapors coming from?

Skillets are the new craze in cali, almost every headshop has one from around *snip* down to *snip*, skillet and titanium bottoms are in rotation. Mines currenty glass on glass skillet, so I even have a glass server to heat up. I prefer it over any metal bottom. But thats besides the point, skillets are easily the best way to get high with less weed and for a much higher potency high. Tastes fucking amazing, and the smell is rather unoticable by others. I have a friend that makes lots and lots of butane hash out of pounds he gets from a friend. Super bomb wax/hash, *snip* grams of hash that .0001 of gets you high. If you havent smoked out of a skillet, you aren't a real weed enthusiast.

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont really get why you cant just smoke oil with a straw off a spoon or tin foil or something seems a lot cheaper, or better yet put it on top of some weed?

Bongs: Carb or Slide?

Which do you prefer?

I smoked out of a bong with a slide for the first time yesterday, seemed like so much nicer of a smoke session

I dont really get why you cant just smoke oil with a straw off a spoon or tin foil or something seems a lot cheaper, or better yet put it on top of some weed?

Thats like saying why use a pipe when you can just grab an apple, or why buy a bong when you can make one out of a waterbottle. The reason is because it's 10x more effective, and 10x less wasteful.

ash catcher slide is tha way to go to keep that bong clean and its easier to rip.

I honestly don't think I've ever seen a nice glass bong with a carb...usually just the cheaper plastic ones. Slide for the win :)

when i got my first bong when i was young it had a carb and it was not a "high quality glass bong" per say but it was alright. having said that, slides are by far better than carbs on a bong. i have two illadelphs now and one has a custom blown slide that is one of my favorite weed items.

I honestly don't think I've ever seen a nice glass bong with a carb...usually just the cheaper plastic ones. Slide for the win :)

hurricane's have carbs and they are high quality,

apart from that i definately prefer slides fucking carbs when your to baked or drunk make you spill bong water, and nobody likes that, unless they are a freak

hurricane's have carbs and they are high quality,

Hmm, I had no idea...I'm not much into designer bongs though. I just enjoy the glass on glass slides. I don't think I've hit a bong with a carb in years now that I'm thinking about it...

And, the carb doesn't necessarily make water spill out, sorta depends on it's placement I'd think.

Hmm, I had no idea...I'm not much into designer bongs though. I just enjoy the glass on glass slides. I don't think I've hit a bong with a carb in years now that I'm thinking about it...

And, the carb doesn't necessarily make water spill out, sorta depends on it's placement I'd think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5nsV1nhPXs

novelty, but still sick,

alhough the unanimous opinion is that slides are better,
and the carbs that work the most efficiently, have to have it close to the water, meaning more spillage, unfouruantely