• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Mega Merged: Ultimate poppy pod/seed tea thread (getting the most out of your pods)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am hopeful that if I decide to go on a ppt binge for a few weeks or even a few months, that I can taper down like I did with H and Oxy/hydro (the H use was rare and only when I was out of the Oxy/Hydro)....and then use some Kratom products to really taper off. I do have very good self control as long as when I'm tapering I can control the severest of w/ds. I will call it my ppt to kratom experiment for taking a break from opiates.

Any way, I will say that I do plan on making this ppt in such a way that I will drink the tea with many of the grounds. I have been doing this with Kratom tea and the taste/grittyness etc doesn't seem to bother me much at all.

BTW, my pods should be in soon! I can't wait to share my first ppt story!

*edit* By the way, the Kratom use to taper off would be a substitution for the suboxone I used with the first opiate addicition. I like the damn opiates too much to simply give them up forever. I am going to find out if I can remain strong in dosing on and off of opiates here and there as I have in the past, or succomb and wind up in rehab. Me thinks the rehab won't be necessary. I'd like to think I've got my shit together enough. I've never not paid a bill, or robbed or stolen or not fed myself to keep up an opiate habit and I never will.

I just (as of today) got onto MMT (40mg to start off with), hooray! If I need 280g to get high, how much should I take on top of my first 40mg dose tomorrow to get high if I want to avoid overdosing?

^ MMT is there to add stability to people's lives. The MMT programme I am on does not require complete abstinence.

i just got some poppy pods and i just used them to make some tea an hour ago. the pods were a bit lighter in color than the ones i have gotten previously and when i broke them up they felt like they were softer or not as dried (crumbly) as the pods i've gotten many times before. i can feel the tea, but i feel like they are less potent than the dryer ones i've had. i know pods can vary in potency but does the extent to which they were dried effect the potency of the pods?

i just got some poppy pods and i just used them to make some tea an hour ago. the pods were a bit lighter in color than the ones i have gotten previously and when i broke them up they felt like they were softer or not as dried (crumbly) as the pods i've gotten many times before. i can feel the tea, but i feel like they are less potent than the dryer ones i've had. i know pods can vary in potency but does the extent to which they were dried effect the potency of the pods?

my last batch was like this. didn't have a crisp crack and i could bend them pretty much. I was pretty pissed off when i got them but once i made a batch they seemed to be just as strong, maybe a LITTLE less but i think it was all in my head.

purple/grey poppy pods

I looked through the mold on pods threads but no one really touched this exactly. I had mostly pods with absolutely nothing on the outside but then had some with purpleish/ grey exteriors and some with small black spots. are these ok?

I looked through the mold on pods threads but no one really touched this exactly. I had mostly pods with absolutely nothing on the outside but then had some with purpleish/ grey exteriors and some with small black spots. are these ok?

If I can help one person, than its worth it

DO NOT CONSUME/EAT/DRINK anything made from these pods!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I dunno, the one time I had the same type of weird-ish insides of poppys, and an OVERLY earthy smell, I had a violent, horrid headache for 3 days. I'm talkin "I think I've been poisoned".........of course I didn't really wanna goto the ER and explain that I had a batch of bad pods.

Don't fuck with it. If you already have, good luck mate. I was gobbling up T3's and Advil trying to get rid of the pain.

I haven't used pods in over 3 weeks. The last 4 times I used them I vomited(small doses too)
It was bad puking, I would puke and feel ever shittier after I puked than before.

So my question is, what's the best OTC for nausea?
I eat the pods instead of making tea.....would tea decrease my chances of nausea?

Yeah, make a tea and add some ginger or peppermint, both of which are potent anti-nausea herbs.

Dramamine is the only anti-emetic that comes to mind that's OTC, and maybe Benadryl if you feel the nausea is allergy-related. A good dose of candied ginger, fresh ginger tea, or even powdered ginger added to your tea is the best remedy I can think of. I take Claritin-D 45 minutes prior to having tea, then add plenty of ginger, which aids with the nausea. If I fail to take the antihistamine, my shoulders hurt, my eyes get all gooey, and I feel more nauseous than when I do take it, so don't underestimate the power of the histamine release caused by opiates as the cause for your side effects.

I never can tell whether the black, gooey drops on my pods/stems are opium that leaked out or some weird kind of mold. It looks like black tar, isn't fuzzy, and has no smell, but my extreme sensitivity to mold makes me discard them every time.

the insides are fine. its only the spots on the outsides i wonder about. and the purple/grey dust/outside.

small black spots like you would find on (biological) fruit would be ok

anything furry or moldy if thats what you mean by dust is a danger to your health even breathing the air in it's vicinity is dangerous. There are also black spots which are mold , may i ask how you got/ stored these pods if they havent been wet or dryed under bad circumstances i cant see how they got moldy.

just got 35 nice crisp pods, plus the guy i get em from throws in some extra. haven't done them in 2-3 weeks and have no tolerance so im pretty pumped!! tomorrow around 5 ill be gettin wasted!

I haven't used pods in over 3 weeks. The last 4 times I used them I vomited(small doses too)
It was bad puking, I would puke and feel ever shittier after I puked than before.

So my question is, what's the best OTC for nausea?
I eat the pods instead of making tea.....would tea decrease my chances of nausea?

Anything with promethazine or diphenhydramine. They are both opiate potentiators and will make you drowsy, so adjust your dose accordingly.

ive made tea out of the same grounds 2wice. are the grounds still useful a 3rd time? maybe to eat? any suggestions?

WRONG. Purple colouration is completely natural and happens in some strains when technically ripened, and it is accentuated when dried. The grey is just the purple pod aged. Black spots are sometime due to a harmless mold but more often than not simply mildew due to environmental factors.

Unless purposely contaminated there is nothing dangerous happening with Somni.

Status
Not open for further replies.