• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

MEGA MERGED METHADONE THREAD...All methadone clinic talk in here

This is a regional discussion, I'm going to move it to a regional forum if that's OK with you soundsystem00.

As far as the fact that I'm busy and I won't move it for a while, let's see if you get any immediate replies. :)

there's a thread in DC for this discussion, i'll move it over there:)

Yeah thats the only thing either use the methadone for short term to help with immediate withdraws, and stop taking it after a few days, or go on it long term because imo methadone's withdraws are worse than oxy/heroin and all the others because of its massive half-life. It might not be as intense of withdraws but they can last weeks.

Couple questions about Methadone Clinics...

My Suboxone has pretty much stopped working for me now, no matter the dose, and I'm sick of the side effects. I'm considering switching over to methadone, but I'm not really sure how the clinics work.

First off, how much does it cost to get into one roughly? Do I have to pay for the UA's? Also, since I'm legally RX'd benzos, will they give me a problem about that?

Any advice/info would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Tom

Well the rules/regulations vary from clinic to clinic, so your best bet is to just call them and find out the specifics. My clinic though, initially you have to pay 140 bucks for the intake and shit, and then its 40 bucks a week after that. But they have a sliding scale, and since I do not work due to the cancer i have they only charge me 8 dollars a week. The drug tests are included also. About the benzos, a lot of clinics don't mind, but the doctor at my clinic, while a nice guy, is very strict about the whole mixing benzos with 'done thing. So even if you are prescribed he will not let you join the clinic. A lot of clinics don't care though.

So like I said, they all are different so your best bet is to call them up and speak to them about the details of getting in. I had to wait about 10 days before I could finally go in and do my intake so i fyou are interested in jioning the clinic i would call ASAP to get the ball rolling. Joining the clinic was the best decision I have made and am surprised how well it is working for me so far.

Good luck buddy!

I have heard that methadone SHOULD be free. Most places in Dallas charge $50 or so per week for methadone. Well, today I heard of a place that does it for free. Aparently you have to have heroin in your urine analysis before you can qualify, but supposedly its nice. They dose you until finally you get your own perscription, they have group therapy, and even help you find work. This place is about 45 mins away but I'm seriously thinking about checking it out.

I was wondering if anyone here has any experience with free methadone clinics. If so, how does it differ from the kind of clinic where you have to pay?

While I don't go to a "free methadone clinic" , my treatment at the clinic I attend is free. I've mentioned this quite a few times around the BL forums.

King County (where I reside) has a voucher program where people who cannot afford the (IMHO outragously) high cost of MMT can qualify for free MMT. This includes everything; the actual medication, counseling, and even a little amber coloured Sunday take-home bottle. Yes, they are that cheap, you use the same little glass bottle every Sunday for your takehome....

djsim had mentioned that they do something similar in Australia as well. But as far as the US, King County is the only place I've heard of as having such a program.

Payment and Privacy

I just had a couple questions on methadone clinics as Im thinking of possibly going to one. First question is, are they private? My mother is the primary person on my health insurance but I am over 18, so will the clinic keep my information private or will they send out mail, etc.? I dont want her to find out.

Also how do you pay? Do you have to pay your co-pay every time you go in, which in the beginning will be every day? Is it more expensive than that. I dont think I could even afford my copay everyday, which is $10.

Thanks for the answers!

Sorry for wasting everyones time. Each facility is different Ive been calling around for a few. Thanks to those who would have helped, heh.

Laceyk, I haven't had the issues with the clinic that you have had... that clinic sounds really sketchy. The clinic has so far been nothing but good for me and I haven't had any major issues with them.

I'm on 160mg and I might go up 10-20mg more if I feel that 160mg doesn't hold me for a full 24hours... I only get about 20hours coverage so far, but I only got to 160mg last week (was on 150mg since December up till last week before that.)

I got on MMT in October of last year, and let me tell you, I wish I got on MMT sooner. It's the best decision in terms of treating my addiction that I've ever made.

I just had a couple questions on methadone clinics as Im thinking of possibly going to one. First question is, are they private? My mother is the primary person on my health insurance but I am over 18, so will the clinic keep my information private or will they send out mail, etc.? I dont want her to find out.

Also how do you pay? Do you have to pay your co-pay every time you go in, which in the beginning will be every day? Is it more expensive than that. I dont think I could even afford my copay everyday, which is $10.

Thanks for the answers!

Themdyaunome:
If your insurance covers the clinic then there might be a possible way for your parents to find out if they want to look into it... but the clinic wouldn't/shouldn't just blatantly seek your parents out to tell them or mail anything to you.

Usually people pay weekly if your insurance doesn't cover it. I pay $81 a week for example. If your pay is $10 everyday then that would be $70 a week. I pay every Monday.

MMT has been great for me. I hope to get my 2nd takehome next week because they have clinical meetings tomorrow with the Doctor (they have them every 2 weeks.) The only issue is that my results for March's UA hasn't come back yet since I just took the UA on Monday... but it's up to the Doctor to allow me that takehome or not. If he wants to wait to see my UA before he gives my 2nd takehome to me, I have to wait another 2 weeks to get that takehome :(. If I get that 2nd takehome I would only have to go in Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday.

MMT works for those who put the effort to make methadone work for them (i.e. not using other drugs, wanting to stay clean and get better, having a stable family/home life, etc.)

Yeah the closest clinic that I may have any luck with is 30 minutes away, and seeing as how I dont have a job and have a huge pickup truck which gets 15mpg thats going to suck. But the couple I called (lawrence and lowell) dont cover Harvard Pilgrim anyways so Im waiting on the Danvers one to get back to me. I live in Northern Mass if anyone hasnt figured that out by now. The woman told me if they did accept it then all the information would go to my insurance company. So unless my mom decides to look into it which she wont, Ill be fine. Its just really embarrassing as Im sure all of you thought at first or still do. I figured if she does find out she'd at least be glad Im getting help for it, however.

Also seeing as I dont have a job, I literally got rid of my beloved drumset, my brand new laptop, my tv, and everything I could get my hands on for this terrible habit no one should have to go through. Im hoping theres a way they can work with me with my payments. Hopefully Ill have a job within the next month, but until then Idk what Im going to do. I need to get rid of this demon thats ruining my life.

Yeah the closest clinic that I may have any luck with is 30 minutes away, and seeing as how I dont have a job and have a huge pickup truck which gets 15mpg thats going to suck. But the couple I called (lawrence and lowell) dont cover Harvard Pilgrim anyways so Im waiting on the Danvers one to get back to me. I live in Northern Mass if anyone hasnt figured that out by now. The woman told me if they did accept it then all the information would go to my insurance company. So unless my mom decides to look into it which she wont, Ill be fine. Its just really embarrassing as Im sure all of you thought at first or still do. I figured if she does find out she'd at least be glad Im getting help for it, however.

Also seeing as I dont have a job, I literally got rid of my beloved drumset, my brand new laptop, my tv, and everything I could get my hands on for this terrible habit no one should have to go through. Im hoping theres a way they can work with me with my payments. Hopefully Ill have a job within the next month, but until then Idk what Im going to do. I need to get rid of this demon thats ruining my life.
MMT should be of much help to you... I suggest you tell your mom eventually because sneaking out every morning giving your mom an excuse of where you're going is going to be a hassle. Also, you never know how supportive family members can be once they find out.

Remember that MMT is a long-term treatment and that addiction is, unfortunately, life-long. That means that once you get on MMT you will be on it for some time. If you decide to get off of methadone, realize that your original cravings will come back and there's a high chance that you will relapse.

While on MMT you should take advantage of your insurance and see a psychologist (not a psychiatrist that gives out drugs, but a psychologist; a therapist.) They can help you with therapy (such as Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy) which can address the root issues as to why you started using drugs in the first place and help you understand and process ways to cope with your addiction along with the MMT. MMT is a very useful tool if you put the effort to wanting to getting and staying clean.

The majority of the people who bash MMT aren't ready to get clean. You will see them frequently double-dosing their (sunday) takehomes and/or using benzodiazepines with their daily dose. Don't let these people hinder your treatment and your progress to staying clean. Remember, you're getting on MMT to get your life back together and it's going to be a long and hard process, but it's all worth it in the end.

Increase your dose as high as you need to. You will probably start off at 30-40mg the first day, depending on your state laws and your tolerance. You should go up to at least 80-120mg and higher if necessary.

Negative names for methadone clinics

So I am doing this research project for my drugs class and I need to come up with some slang names for methadone and the methadone clinic. mostly negative names, to help argue against the use of it for treating heroin addiction. i am not saying I am for or against I am just trying to present both sides here.

reopened, UAd unnecessary posts.

liquid 'cuffs is the only slang term i can think of that refers to methadone.

Methadone is a horrible thing to get on if your wanting off opiates.. its the worst of the worst and you will never get off of it without the help of at least suboxone... so anyone that wants to detox with a 'detox' opiate then use Buprenorphine (aka Suboxone/subtex).. metahadone is liquid handcuffs for sure... i've never done the methadone thing but i have friends that are/have and none of them say good things about it except for "It gets me high", which is something you shouldn't be looking for if your trying to get off opiates... also the withdrawals from methadone last like a month, a month of horrific w/ds that will destroy you physically and mentally..

After all methadone was invented by Nazi chemist... and they are known for their evilness...lol i can hear it now "Ah yes lets synthesize the worst opioid known to mankind that will leave the users helpless and addicted forever!!"

After all methadone was invented by Nazi chemist... and they are known for their evilness...lol i can hear it now "Ah yes lets synthesize the worst opioid known to mankind that will leave the users helpless and addicted forever!!"

Pretty sure it was more like "The guys we're at war with won't let us import morphine, we need something give to our wounded troops".

Listen yall, OK, mainly jahred24, sorry yo, not tryna pick on you, but if you cant answer the question, dont post. This aint a thread asking your opinion of methadone. The question is very specific, so either answer it or dont but nobody is askin for your opinion on MMT, especially if you never even been on it! Real talk, not to be rude, but seriously, how can you even come up in a thread that aint even asking that and then say some shit thats just secondhand 'he said she said' information? Passing on baseless negative shit that aint nothin but exaggerated opinions in a game of junkie "telephone" dont give ppl a realistic point of view to think about. U need to either post factual informed shit and back up the reasons why you say the shit u say, or wait to post til you can do that, cuz BL aint the place for repeatin drug myths and half-truths and uneducated opinions.

For the record, I my self can say methadone is a fuckin god send, it saved my life and I am happier on it than i been in like 10 years, and I would recomment it to anybody that really wants to get clean. suboxone was complete garbage that helped me to almost die quite a few times becuz it enabled me to keep using more and more and never be sick. For some people Sub is great and i recomend it for anybody who wants to try it, see how it works for you. But for me it was the worst possible choice. And to me, Methadone is the best if you really makin a commitment to stayin clean, and it sure as hell dont get me , or anybody I know who is on MMT, high. might not work for some but for me it was the best and only worthwhile choice i ever tried. So please dont post totally one sided information that aint got accurate sources to back it up other than hearsay.

Anyways,
Thanks Azo. Its mad funny to me how ignorant people are with this whole "methadone=nazi's" shit. 8( glad to see somebody is educated about it

Anyways, if nobody else replies to this ontopic in a few days, it wil be closed or merged cuz it really dont look like its goin nowhere, and belongs in the methadone mega thread anyways. so far there aint one reply that is actually contributing to the answer, so it aint gonna get merged unless there is actual content to merge, so if you thinkin of addin somethin here, do it now plz.

Methadone is a horrible thing to get on if your wanting off opiates.. its the worst of the worst and you will never get off of it without the help of at least suboxone... so anyone that wants to detox with a 'detox' opiate then use Buprenorphine (aka Suboxone/subtex).. metahadone is liquid handcuffs for sure... i've never done the methadone thing but i have friends that are/have and none of them say good things about it except for "It gets me high", which is something you shouldn't be looking for if your trying to get off opiates... also the withdrawals from methadone last like a month, a month of horrific w/ds that will destroy you physically and mentally..

you said it your self, you've never done the methadone thing...so you don't really know then do you

bupe doesnt work great for everyone..i craved so much on bupe I would constantly be relapsing back to short acting opiates. i think methadone is A LOT BETTER then putting your life in legal danger every day copping drugs, taking illicit street drugs that you dont know what your putting in your body/veins. bupe is also FUCKING EXPENSIVE compared to meth

and methadone doesnt by any means make eveyone high as a kite

some poeple do get a higher dose of meth then they should be on...but I think its safe to say that anyone whos been on methadone for a little while doesnt feel much of any high from it at all

i now I never ever got a high from it, not on day 1 or day 10 day 30 or ever lol

if your goal is a straight detox...then methadone IMO isnt the best choice..but most people on methadone do some type of maintanence before detoxing, to get their life in order.

i dunno it's people like you who dont know shit and just bash bash bash

methadone has helped many, saved lives. i dunno what kind of addiction you have, but it's a fucking LIFESAVER for many dude. I dont know how else to put it, you go from spending every waking moment either withdrawing, copping, or getting high, to being normal, living a normal day, actually being able to get your life in order.

plus you have the added support of a doctor, you are forced to go every day at first, which ensures you will dose, on bupe you can do whatever the fuck you want, you get your 1 month script and go home adn do whatever

if you want to take a vacation, you take one, noone knows. you cant do that on meth, so if you are having trouble quitting...methadone might be a better choice in some cases

it really depends on the individual, someoone who is taking like 3 80s a day or some shit shouldnt be on meth obviously...

Last edited:
^^I think you meant "shouldnt" be on meth, but i aint sure--but lets try n keep this on topic yall....I know the urge to defend meth when ppl get on some crazy shit about it is strong, but lets keep this thread on topic and not turn it into the methadone battle dome lol

^^I think you meant "shouldnt" be on meth, but i aint sure--but lets try n keep this on topic yall....I know the urge to defend meth when ppl get on some crazy shit about it is strong, but lets keep this thread on topic and not turn it into the methadone battle dome lol

lol word lacey and yeah i meant shouldnt