• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

[Mega] "I lost the magic!" megathread

5-htp shouldn't be taken in a high dose, and you should take 5-htp (dont take 5-htp with other drugs look online what drugs you shouldnt take it with) with omega 3 tuna oil and vitamins and a good diet, and you should take these for a while, while abstaining from other drugs, esp if ur suffering bad serotonin depletion

Last edited:
It all becomes a bit easier to handle when you accept the fact that MDMA is not MDMA. Your reagents might say it's MDMA, it might 'smell' like MDMA but not all MDMA is equal. Prior to the 2008-9 drought we never had this huge drop-off in MDMA quality. Now we're flooded with shit MDMA/pills that don't provide the 'magic' we all remember.

People will say it's down to setting, atmosphere, tolerance, you name it. MDMA is effected by all these things but there's a profound baseline to the drug that's undeniable even with these mitigating factors.

Luckily every now and then good chemists release a batch that confirm to us the magic never went away, but it's the quality of the product. The European MDMA thread has a lot of good discussion on this.

It all becomes a bit easier to handle when you accept the fact that MDMA is not MDMA. Your reagents might say it's MDMA, it might 'smell' like MDMA but not all MDMA is equal. Prior to the 2008-9 drought we never had this huge drop-off in MDMA quality. Now we're flooded with shit MDMA/pills that don't provide the 'magic' we all remember.

People will say it's down to setting, atmosphere, tolerance, you name it. MDMA is effected by all these things but there's a profound baseline to the drug that's undeniable even with these mitigating factors.

Luckily every now and then good chemists release a batch that confirm to us the magic never went away, but it's the quality of the product. The European MDMA thread has a lot of good discussion on this.

It depends on your source. There was only a drought in the context of a lot of sources carrying bunk pills, but legit mdma has always been available. I have ran into a lot of copycats and shit that wasn't mdma, but most of the time I would either return them or keep them if I actually liked it. Even then, legit mdma would still pop up.

When you take mdma enough times, you'll know whether it is or not. 5 mapb is said to be the closest rc to mdma so far, but I could note so many differences the first time I took it. Purity might be an issue, but I've taken all sorts of doses and generally pills are very reliable if you test them with all 4 reagents available, and have near perfect matches on PR at the same time. It's too much of an assumption to think that mdma is not mdma for a lot of people.

Btw, Shulgin himself believed that the magic of mdma has a shelf life, and there's plenty of evidence to suggest that it does. I'd also have a tough time believing that hundreds of consecutive pills I've taken since "the magic" left is due to mdma not being mdma, just because a group of people think that.

mdma is mdma. one of my least "magical" rolls was with a few pills i saved from when we started out, which everyone though were super special and magical. people had offered me five times the usual price for one of those pills, but i had always refused (you know, fond memories... ;) ). in retrospect i should have sold them and bought five equivalent tablets. just because everything was fresh and exciting back then doesn't mean that the mdma was different or better.
it's all about previous experience, expectations, set and setting...

I've skimmed through this thread, so sorry if I am repeating anything.

When I began using MDMA I formed a very special group of friends. These friends are what made each experience absolutely magical, and I came out of it feeling like a better person each time! LSD, mdma, weed, ketamine all in one glorious weekend at a beach house remains my best ever drug experience to date (apart from my very intense kittyflipping experience). Quite often the people you roll with and the setting can have the biggest influence on the roll. I never went out partying on molly (bar a few times), I always just hung out with my mates, at someone's house...ride it out well into the next day and just cuddle.

It's funny, some people's honeymoon period can last up to 20 rolls, others only 4 or 5. Mine lasted about 12 rolls over about 16 weeks, I actually felt better the next day and experienced an awesome "glow". You must allow time to regenerate between rolls, 2 months is optimal, 1 month minimal. The magic will always be there, it's just how you approach your usage of it...this is my theory anyway. My friend accidentally injested what he thought was 3-400 mg once, turned out to be over a gram! He had very scary brain and body zaps (I've only ever experienced body zaps) and said it was an extremely traumatic comedown. MDMA is not a drug to be abused, because of the effect it has on receptors.

If anyone is getting bored of MDMA I highly suggest finding a nice comfy couch and a gram of K towards the end of your roll. Take small, rice grain sized bumps until you drift off into the most juiced up colorful K-hole ever! The few times I have done this I never cease to amaze myself with what my mind (anyones mind) is capable of. To me, the K-hole is a thing of sheer beauty and I have never associated negativity with this word.

It depends on your source. There was only a drought in the context of a lot of sources carrying bunk pills, but legit mdma has always been available. I have ran into a lot of copycats and shit that wasn't mdma, but most of the time I would either return them or keep them if I actually liked it. Even then, legit mdma would still pop up.

When you take mdma enough times, you'll know whether it is or not. 5 mapb is said to be the closest rc to mdma so far, but I could note so many differences the first time I took it. Purity might be an issue, but I've taken all sorts of doses and generally pills are very reliable if you test them with all 4 reagents available, and have near perfect matches on PR at the same time. It's too much of an assumption to think that mdma is not mdma for a lot of people.

Btw, Shulgin himself believed that the magic of mdma has a shelf life, and there's plenty of evidence to suggest that it does. I'd also have a tough time believing that hundreds of consecutive pills I've taken since "the magic" left is due to mdma not being mdma, just because a group of people think that.

It's an ever increasing, educated, experienced group that believe that. It's a difficult one because it's incredibly subjective, however the sample size is large enough. It's something that needs some additional study but without people like Shulgin around, who's bothering?

The magic may well have a shelf life, the evidence here seems to be that we're all reporting the loss of magic and we all get nostalgic about the past... it appears to everyone concerned that we're burnt out - and new users can't tell the difference because they don't know any better.

There are however people in the middle here, I introduced many friends to MDMA around 2011. There was some decent stuff floating about then and we had some awesome times, but they were able to to tell the difference clear as day between good MDMA and this mongy mess that seems popular now. These aren't long term users, these aren't abusers of the drug (once every few months) and furthermore they've taken significantly less amounts of the drug compared to when I started.

MDMA (racemic) is obviously MDMA, but there must be more to it than that which we're unable to explain with any conviction (impurities, precursors, synth methods etc.)

It's an ever increasing, educated, experienced group that believe that. It's a difficult one because it's incredibly subjective, however the sample size is large enough. It's something that needs some additional study but without people like Shulgin around, who's bothering?

The magic may well have a shelf life, the evidence here seems to be that we're all reporting the loss of magic and we all get nostalgic about the past... it appears to everyone concerned that we're burnt out - and new users can't tell the difference because they don't know any better.

There are however people in the middle here, I introduced many friends to MDMA around 2011. There was some decent stuff floating about then and we had some awesome times, but they were able to to tell the difference clear as day between good MDMA and this mongy mess that seems popular now. These aren't long term users, these aren't abusers of the drug (once every few months) and furthermore they've taken significantly less amounts of the drug compared to when I started.

MDMA (racemic) is obviously MDMA, but there must be more to it than that which we're unable to explain with any conviction (impurities, precursors, synth methods etc.)

Indeed, more info would be nice. For the record, it's not like I wanted the magic to be gone; my friends who used it in a similar way as I have claim to have not lost it either. And I believe them because they behave in a way that I used to when the magic was there for me. So chatty, all smiles, flip out on lightshows, rem when their eyes are closed, etc. I don't get all of that, and more, with the exception of music and lightshows tending to bring it back for a little bit (maybe 10 min or less). But I'm not sure if it really came back or if there's a psychological component to it, though I do tend to not focus on this while its happening and just enjoy the moment for what it is. However, I do tend to reflect back on it after it happens. The main difference is that "magic" would last for at least several hours straight back then, while now it's arguable if I ever get it even with the condition above for a small amount of time.

I've tried many good pills too; like the batteries (+-), gold bars, youtube, poke balls from back in the day, etc. My friends take the same pills as I do, and they all get it...but not me.

i agree that there's more to it, but I feel like this accounts for the differences between people more than the product because of how people around me get the magic off of the same "candies." Maybe that's the difference though; your group said they didn't abuse it, so it seems that they never really lost it. They just needed a long break to replenish their serotonin to normal levels and to feel it again. I know I can't be the only one to have lost it, and I do seem to remember a few people during my "crazy social" days that quit because they said "it isn't the same anymore," but I have tried many things to try to bring it back. All of this is imperfect as hell though, lol, and I'd really like to hear about if some methodology works out there. Not that I'd necessarily try it right away, but just to learn about it.

I've recently had my first Ecstasy pill in nearly FIVE years, and the first that wasn't adulterated with a BZP type substance since 2007. I've come up but the magic is definitely gone. I'm just experiencing weak stimulant effects. The tabs showed positive for an MDMA class of drug on the marquis test.

Is there anything I can do to increase the effect? I want to feel like the first few months I did MDMA. Me and my girlfriend/best friend had a wonderful time. She passed away from Caner last year in her twenties. I want to feel like she's back with me just for a few hours but these supposed dark web 200mg pills are failing me :(

I want the mind bending euphoria to take hold of me.

I've recently had my first Ecstasy pill in nearly FIVE years, and the first that wasn't adulterated with a BZP type substance since 2007. I've come up but the magic is definitely gone. I'm just experiencing weak stimulant effects. The tabs showed positive for an MDMA class of drug on the marquis test. Is there anything I can do to increase the effect? I want to feel like the first few months I did MDMA. Me and my girlfriend/best friend had a wonderful time. She passed away from Caner last year in her twenties. I want to feel like she's back with me just for a few hours but these supposed dark web 200mg pills are failing me :( I want the mind bending euphoria to take hold of me.
I'm sorry she passed away. Was it your girlfriend or friend? The problem is you can't bring her back from the dead. Cherish those memories you have of her. Maybe it's time to move on in life and leave drugs behind. We all get to a stage where we have matured and grown up and get past being fucked up. Maybe this is that moment for you?