• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA] Healthier "alternative"/homemade smoking devices

I would goto a head shop and buy one of their stems for a couple of dollars.

Also, to the guy that used hose above (the old ghetto aussie way to make a bong), the cone piece AND the smoke will start melting the inside of the hose after a fair few uses, and with constant use during a sesh, so it's not very healthy to be inhaling that.

I just took a Knife hit

anyone ever taken a knife hit? I just tryed it today. My friend told me about it and we skipped first period, came to my place and tried it.

ok, how it works

you need an electric stove, you take two metal knifes and stick them inbetween the rings of the stove and put it on high, (the tips of the knifes should be about 1in under the rings) once the stove turns orange wait a few minutes and take the two knifes out (so both tips are hot)

then you take a very small bit of weed (basically a few shake strands) take one knife stick it to the mini nug then press it on both knifes together, smoke will start to come from the sizzling nug, then use the top of a bottled watter funnel (use scissors to cut off the top) and use it to suck it all the smoke that comes out.

basically its a hella ghetto vaporizer, but its very weed conservative, and you get very high.

Aah yes, why haven't I figured that out, using half a bottle to suck up the smoke, thanks for mentioning, straws don't work for me. =D

Chubba75 said:
Hookah's are also pretty healthy... it's like half-way between a bong and a vap, because the coal heats the weed, but doesn't really torch it.

All I know is I can take a monster hit of a hookah and not even feel it :)

ive found hookahs to be very inneffective for smoking weed...hash is different story tho

heh

I found an aunt jemima or howeva u spell it (the chick with the skirt syrup bottle) upstairs in my cabinet. emptied it out into another syrup bottle and rinsed it out then took my drill and drilled a hole in it and put the tube of a pen inside hole so its still sticking out. Then i went uptsairs and was gonna cut a square in a can and roll that in a cone for a bowl but I noticed i had my old trumpet still in the room so i took the mouthpiece from that and put a wire through it so bud wouldnt slip through then attached it to the pen (perfect fit no leaks) and had a really nice bong :) still have it in my safe heh

i juss stole a graduated cylinder from my science class drilled a hole and made one sweet bong

Hey Liquid Snake… how did you drill through the glass? I really want to put a choke on 'Jack the Ripper' (Jack Daniel's bottle). I thought a normal drill would just chip and then maybe shatter glass.

^^exactly wut he said...but they aren't that expensive...u can get some piece of shyt cheap ones but it will still do the job

most definitely go with the apple bowl
NO pop cans, that's nasty. I used to used pop cans back in the day, ahh the 7th grade...
and fuck that light bulb stuff, thats crackhead status.

light

i just tried the lightbulb thingy. i don't know if i did it right tho. i wasn't sure how long to burn it, so i waited and left if on till white smoke came out but the weed hadn't lit and inhaled that. i wasnt sober but it didn't seem a really weed high, atleast not regs high. and suggestions or instructions?

you arent trying to "light" the weed on fire. your flame should be held maybe 2 cm from the bottom of the lightbulb below the pot, then you just heat it till it starts to smoke. if you see the weed start to burn, glow orange, you are no longer vaporizing, just normally smoking. let the vapor build up in the bulb and inhale. the smoke should not smell like your normal pipe/bong/joint smoke, so if your smoke smells like that, its an indication you are doing it wrong.

if you are wondering about the high, my vaporizer high tends to be very different from a joint high. it usually is a slower come-on and i dont get as paranoid.

just remember, you dont want to burn the pot, just "cook" it

*also, make sure your lightbulb vap is built properly

i appreciate the advice shibby. i'm almost positive i made it right. and i did see smoke swirling around in there. i think its just because i've never vap'ed before. definatley a diff high. i'd like to try a real vap, i mean the lighbulb thing works but seems kinda like the diff between smoking out a can vs smokin out a piece. crazy ass idea tho, props to whoever put that together.

Material to make a safe bowl

Ok, I, as most of you did when you were noobs, used to make bowls out of foil and use them alot. Now I sometimes find myself in a situation to where i need to make a bong or pipe or what-have-you due various reasons, i just broke my piece, or i don't have one on me or whatever. does anyone have a material that it easily found other than screens to facets because i'm sure that when producing a screen for a facet the maker didn't intend for it to be burned, thus it could just as easily be releasing fumes and such. any suggestions?

use, do not abuse. neither abstinence nor excess renders man happy

an easy one to make is take a can and smash in one side to make a bowl form, take the tab and break it in half and use that to make hole's in the bowl. put the weed in there and hit it, smoking out of the mouth hole. hope its not confusing.. thats all i can really think of thats easy to make fast. kind of dangerous because of the aluminum but good if you only use it once or twice...

Last edited:
apple pipes are very important if you ask me.... but i never resort to those cuz i've already got a bong and 3 pipes ;)

yeah, i've most def been in can city before as I stated earlier, but i'm more specifically looking for a type of metal that won't release harmful fumes, atleast not at the temerature that it would be smoked on. aluminum, steel, not copper, GOLD....?

if u dont gotta screen for your pipe u could just fit a small screw or nail in the hole of your bowl and this works just as good as a screen.but i dont use that shit alls i need is a paper and some sticky weed:D