• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA] Healthier "alternative"/homemade smoking devices

it will taste like ass and will smell like chinese food so beware

So we have a vaporizer, heres how i use it...

Rave Boy, I've found that the best way to vaporize outta light bulb is to have the flame come into contact with the bottom (wide end) of the bulb itself, but only for a few seconds. After that, there should be some black residue on the outside of the glass. I think it might be the impurities from whatver is the fire source (match, candle or lighter). Pack your weed after that and when you use a flame, hold it at least an inch away from the actual bottom of the bulb. The Blackness helps the absorbtion from heat and gives you a nice little contact patch for your dope too. Use caution though because the black stuff is oily and will smear easily on furniture or anything like clothes. Also, the whole bulb gets hot as the surface of the sun, the black spot on the other hand sends off enough heat to vaporize your neighborhood. Maybe thats a bit of a hyperbole, but I've got some nice burns from stoned vaporizer use. =D I'd also like to say try and find a higher wattage bulb. I get by with a 40watt but something in the back of my mind tells me I'm playing russian roulette. And we all thought making one is a pain in the ass.......

Hookah's are also pretty healthy... it's like half-way between a bong and a vap, because the coal heats the weed, but doesn't really torch it.

All I know is I can take a monster hit of a hookah and not even feel it :)

No... Anything plastic is going to be worse for your health. As already explained, the heat from the smoke itself is enough to collect the plastic vapours. And over time, it really isn't good for your lungs man.

i was lookin around the house one day for something to smoke out of cause my glass piece just broke. Well watdya know, i found a great way to smoke, i use it everyday now, its an efficient one-hitter that is no worse than a glass piece for my lungs.

i found the piece looking through my toolset, its a 3/8" socket from a wrench set. it is about 4 inches long and has a pretty small hole in one side and a bigger hole in the other. I grabbed a screen from a faucet and burned off all the mineral deposits on it and shaped it into a little bowl and stuck it in the end of the socket where the bolt goes. I just like it cause its discreet, efficient, and unbreakable.

back to the lightbulb concept.....

.... I made the vaporizer following the directions but i was thinking after making a second model it might be benificial to only use 1 straw instead of 2.
I just don't see a point in it, having the first straw could be mounted in the center rather then close to the side to prevent any broken glass/insulation causing dammage to the straw when twisting on to the bulb threads/electrical tape, and the intake could be mounted closer to the side since there is no straw. Also in my second model I made the intake smaller so that debris wouldnt blow around and end up in the straw which I think is better.

Maybe there is something I am missing though. Also another advantage is that you can place the mix in between the end of the straw and the intake very easy to create a better mix, as well it maximizes the bulbs length, which is something you do want I belive. Well thats what I think but then again i might be missing something obvious.

Jack

I made a bong out of 3 jack daniel's bottles. In the first one I put boiling water to scrub down the smoke, the second one hot water (I am too lazy to boil a bunch of water), and iced water in the third. This is the cleanest smoke? I've ever had. You don't even see much smoke and get ripped off your ass: hence the name Jack the Ripper. The hoses go all the way to the bottom of the bottles so you get the most filtration possible.

Hence, any filtration system that picks up particulates is likely also to screen out cannabinoids.

from the study that was posted earlier.... hmm seems like unfiltered joint is the way to go guys :p

Surprisingly, the unfiltered joint outperformed all devices except the vaporizers, with a ratio of about 1 part cannabinoids to 13 parts tar.

Another variable

I think another variable is how long you are able to hold it in. Some people same this isn't a factor but I don't think that your lungs can absorb all the thc if you just suck it in and push it back out. Off a joint I maybe be getting more thc per volume but maybe not all of it is being absorbed because I have asthma and have a hard time bringing hot smoke down without topshelving it and coughing everywhere. Its also hard to hold in a long time (for me). So when I take a hit off a triple chambered hot/hot/cold bong I can hold it in longer thus absorbing more thc. If someone can give me any proof to help support this view that would appreciated. If not I always like hearing your thoughts :) .

hot knives. either heating the knive on your stove or with a torch? what do you think, would this be a more 'efficient' way of getting the THC ?

I think this is a pretty safe way.. It is definately vapourising it though, and works best with hash resin / oil.

For people that do not know what hot knifing is, you use a stove or heat torch to heat up two knives.. press the hash/resin/whatever in between the two heated knifes and suck up the white vapour coming from the knife with a straw or rolled up paper.

dementedgoat said:
i have researched tripple cs... and i did recently.... ive been doin them for a while... not habitually, but its like my once a month MAYBE type thing.... but anyway, people USUALLY say they're a bad tripp, it just sounded to me like they couldnt handle being so high.... i dunno, i dont do 16 or more often... ive only done 32 once, 24 once, and 16 a couple of times, and THAT is too much... way too much... especially while drinkin... i realize this is a harm reduction board, and thats my 2 cents, it could help reduce harm, hopefully... probably not the right thread, but im not gonna start a tripple c thread or bring up an old one if people have got the message already

there are much safer ways to take dxm, that you would have found if you supposeably "researched tripple c's"

long but probably the best drug faq i ever read....

Erowid DXM FAQ

I need some help on bong materials

I need some info on what type of metal to use for a slide; I had used some flexible plastic tubing but I really need to change it as its so bad for your lungs. So does anybody know what type is best?

Yeah slide's the name we use for a bowl with a stem on the bottom you can pull it out quickly so it acts like the carb/choke whatever you call it. Garden hose is too big though… I need something to stick a bowl in (not the bowl however).

Trying not to use plastic

I am wondering what the best metal would be to use. I am planning on make kind of a 'L' shape that is more hockey stick than 'L' out of some type of metal tubing. Which one is the best for this purpose. I am still going to use the plastic hose of the mouth piece, but i need something that won't give off fumes… I am using a glass bottle too trying to be more safer :D .

Hey thanks toker that was really interesting. I have my method down however and just need some advice on what type of metal tubing to use. Frizzantik or Splatt do you guys know what type of metal is best to use. I've heard not to use copper and thin aluminum but whats best? or what could I use that just wouldn't be bad? Peace.