• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA]Growing advice, tips, tricks and experience: Mark 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not something that's come up before tbh, but none of the forums that deal with opioids (i.e. OD and BDD) allow discussion of poppy growing, and I don't want to create a situation where people just come here instead. I don't want to create loopholes and headaches for other staff. As I've said before, this thread is kind of against the grain of the site, none of the other forums allow growing advice (there's no mushroom growing thread, no cactus growing thread, no coca growing thread...), and I don't want to exacerbate the issue. Besides, it's not really appropriate for this forum, and I'm sure you guys would rather that this thread didn't become a hugely diluted "how to grow drugs thread".

^ Fair enough if that's how you feel. I just thought it was after using the Google-enhanced search feature, however those were old threads and the moderators have changed since then. It's no skin off my teeth since I don't have issues with poppy cultivation in the first place and my first instinct would be to look elsewhere instead.

UPDATE.

Ok, AE. The feeding was a success. No burnt or curled under leaf tips and the yellowing stopped. All in all they look great (see pic below - Don't mind the coloring, the HPS light makes everything look gold). We watered them today, no nutes. However, I have 2 more concerns... First, throughout their life I've noticed tiny yellow dots on some of the leaves... I ignored it and thought it was natural but I keep wondering what they are... I posted a pic below. Is this something to be concerned about? What is it? Second, we found gnats in our plants!!! Don't know how the FUCK they got in there but they are there. We researched it and found that putting a bowl of vinegar and soap in the room will help the problem... hope it works. I posted pics below of the some new growth and the yellow spotted leaves. Thanks again.

NSFW:
DSCF2149.jpg
DSCF2151.jpg
DSCF2144.jpg

^ I wouldn't worry about the spots... yet.

As for the gnats, put a sand mulch on top of your medium. That's the best single way of dealing with the fuckers.

AE - what do you mean "yet"

and how much sand mulch do i use? cover the entire top layer of medium on each plant?

What I mean is you seem to be a bit paranoid about little problems (which is not entirely bad), so relax. It's probably nothing.

If the problem persists and gets worse, then come back. I could probably find bits on my plants that look like that if I looked hard enough.

Unless I missing something? Is it just on a couple of leaves?

As for the sand, just cover the whole surface of the medium with a layer a few cm deep. The yellow sticky traps should be suspended at the top of your tent. They're not for controlling pests but to tell you what pests are present. They're a pest indicator of sorts. You can make them and save money buy buying yellow card (has to be yellow) and smothering them with petroleum jelly. I do this myself.

AE - I am paranoid. This is the first time I'm doing this and I want to make sure everything goes right. In order to do that, I must ask any and every question that pops into my head. Sorry if it's annoying... I will try other sites so I don't have to keep bothering you :x

As for the spotting... Yes, it's just a few leaves.

^ no I'm not annoyed. I keep giving people the impression that I am but I guess I'm just not very tactful.

You're not bothering me and I don't mind.

btw it doesn't look like they've been supercropped much from that photo.

We only supercropped 1. Wanted to test to make sure it works... it did! We didn't want to supercrop all of them for our first run :(

As you can tell... we are VERY cautious.

I'm about to go get the cards and jelly... just regular index cards? Why Yellow?

^ They are attracted to it. Why, I couldn't tell you though.

I can tell you why insects are attracted to light bulbs, but that's got absolutely nothing to do with your question.

Vadar if you really honestly have leaf miners please don't sit around pondering what to do for long. You could be fucked, really. You need to, as a matter of urgency, get it diagnosed. Please don't leave it. Post pics as soon as you get back, even if it means neglecting your chores or whatever. That is if you still want your plants. You do, right?

Sorry but I'm being a realist, not an alarmist.

If you have to butcher your plant to within an inch of it's life, do it. You may have to resort to a full on systemic, in which case be prepared to veg for longer than anticipated.

found 4 large seeds in a small piece of bud from an ounce. i was suprised at how big the seeds are, it was really dank bud, dont know the name or anything, but all 4 sprouted and hopefully will do well once they grow a little more and i get them in the ground.

the seeds have those tiger stripes all over them, whats the chances they are herm? since they came from a piece of bud in an o, im guessing a branch must have been polinated?

^ depends on how you treat them (literally).

Reasons for there being seeds could be:

- The pre-flowers were showing and some pollen got spread over the plants, resulting in only a few seeds per cola.

- The flowers were pollinated by either pollen already in the grow room from males having been there at some point or pollen came from males in a separate room or location (lots of people grow these days!).

Looks like it could be LM. I would cut those leaves off and throw them away.

Just the affected part or take the whole leaf? Reason I ask is that they're young plants, barely out of the seedling stage, and I don't want to handicap them unnecessarily.

Status
Not open for further replies.