• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

[Mega] Dosage mega thread

raverunner, you're missing one thing.
The euro pills, when tested, are tested on the amount of MDMA in the pill, not MDMA.HCl. Pure crystals are MDMA.HCl, wich contains 84% MDMA by weight.
So that means that a pill tested for 200mg MDMA, contains 238 mg of pure MDMA.HCl crystals.
So assuming you have PURE MDMA crystal, they will contain 84% by weight MDMA. However, most pure crystal is around 80-83%.
If you think 170mg pills are too much, and you want 160mg MDMA, but you use crystals, you can't just take 160mg crystal, as this will be around 135mg MDMA.

So if you want the equivalent of a 160mg tested pill, you need to take about 190mg pure MDMA crystal (or more if it's cut or impure).

^ That is a false claim, often made by Dutch dealers who don't know their chemistry but want to make it sound like they do.

MDMA pills have MDMA.HCl in them too.... come on now. When the Euro centers test their pills, they report back the weight of the drug WITH THE SALT ATTACHED. That is why they label their results with "MDMA.HCl 202mg". They used to just say just MDMA, but had to change that up due to confusion.

In Holland it's all the rage to say "I got some 83.758% pure crystals dawg!!", and if you take it to the test center, it will be... 84% pure MDMA.HCl. Dutch dealers have been getting away with cutting their MDMA down by 15% and everyone is OK with it because they don't understand how to read test results :|

Dosages are ALWAYS listed in MDMA.HCl, too. ALWAYS. There is not one chart that labels the dosages for MDMA base (without the salt)... MDMA.HCl is really the only form of the drug used.

I don't agree Folley. I don't know if you are familiar with an GC/MS analysis Folley, but I am (will be doing my masters in chemistry at uni next year). Almost always when a calibration curve is made (so samples are tested with a known concentration of analyte) the concentrations of these sampled are noted as Molair (moles per liter).
Now, before the sample is injected into the column, the sample is made alkaline, so that the MDMA freebase forms, wich evaporates easily without decomposing.
After testing, the concentration of the sample can be analysed using the previously made calibration curve. This gives a concentration in mol.L^-1

Next this can be multiplied by either the molecular weight of MDMA or a salt of MDMA to give a mass.

It is important to realise that many salts contain different amounts of active MDMA. Please remember that all soluble MDMA salts immediately form ions in solution, so when MDMA.HCl is dissolved in water it gives MDMA.H(+) and Cl(-) ions (or let's just simplify it by saying it gives MDMA and HCl, it's basically leads to the same concept, that is the a salt releases it's MDMA, protonated or not, once it contacts water). That means that the salts:
100mg MDMA.HCl or 119mg MDMA.HBr or 105 mg (MDMA)2.SO4 are all equivalent in effects, e.g. they contain the same amount of active MDMA.
Now if they would test for the salt, but would not specify wich salt it is (wich they don't) dealers would put the heavier salts in their pills, as it would give higher test results with less actual active MDMA in it. Besides, this way a mass of MDMA would in theory does not indicate it's exact potency. You could argue that the labs make the conversion themselves, so say they find bromide or sulphate in the pills, they don't care, the still give the MDMA.HCl equivalence. '
Now that could be a possibility, that the labs give the MDMA.HCl equivalence, whatever salt is found, however this not true, 2 reasons:

-scientific labs would never give a result of a substance wich is not in there, e.g. 100mg MDMA.HCl, while there is actually 119mg
MDMA.HBr.
- SECOND AND MOST IMPORTANT: lab results for MDMA crystal are always max 84%, there HAS NEVER BEEN A HIGHER RESULT! This is not due to every single sample of MDMA being cut with 15% filler. You're telling me that never has a pure sample been tested, because if labs tested for MDMA.HCl there should have been a result with 85-100% right? But there isn't.
No, it confirmes my hypothesis. Dutch labs test for MDMA, and not MDMA.HCl.
They do this with both pills and crystals, they are analysed in the exact same way (except for pills, you need to include the weight of the sample divided by weight of the pill)

Now it does NOT matter that MDMA.HCl is the only form, or almost always, found in pills, it's about the fact that other salts COULD be used, and they need to make a solid,
consistent system, wich is only possible by giving the results in active MDMA.
Realise that most pharmaceuticals also use this method, they give the weight of the freebase (or carboxylic acid,et) on the container, as different salts are often used in pharmaceutical formulations, and giving the weight of the salt could be confusing, as this does not indicate it's exact potency, as the moleculair weight of the counter-ion relative to active chemical can vary greatly.

Now if you still don't believe me:
-drop a confirmed 180mg tested pill
-drop 180mg 100% pure MDMA.HCl (wich contains 151mg active MDMA)
---> The pill will hit you much harder

Now, I'm 99% sure I'm right based on my knowledge and common sense. I could be wrong, bit it would be very inlogical the labs would test for MDMA.HCl, while they test their powders on MDMA. Add the considerations and facts I wrote above and my hypothesis stands quite strong it seems.

It could be possible that you don't understand everything I say. Some chemistry knowledge, although quite basic, is needed. But if you don't understand it, you stand no ground with your points, wich are purely based on what you think seems logic it seems, unless you can provide me with references. My story is about Dutch Labs, I don't know how other labs test, such as ecstasydata.org. The test the amount of freebase equivalency in pills! If you still don't believe me , I could send an email to a dutch test centre for you.

Folley, no offense (!!!), you're really one of the most awesome posters on this forum, and I thank a lot of great drug experiences due to your advice, but sometimes you should be a bit more careful writing things about facts or scientific debates (so not drug experiences, or opinions, etc) wich are not true and in no way backed up by references, but you tell them with such confidence that the posts seem very believable. I see a LOT of people here doing this, they read many things probably, from mostly unreliable sources and make their own facts with this imformation and post them like it's true, with no references whatsoever, while often, the information is simply invalid.

Last edited:
Dosage question

Some friends of mine are going to a the 2nd weekend of Coachella, and wanted to do MDMA there. They knew I had some so they inquired about getting some from me. My friends are 3 girls, normal height and weight, and have never done MDMA before. I had MDMA powder/crystals (confirmed legitimate by personal test and reagent tests) so I decided to put the powder in capsules for them (to make their lives easier). I wanted to give them a good amount, because they are my friends, so I weighed out about ~190-210mg of MDMA for each capsule (I have a .01 scale) and gave it too them. Now I am thinking that could be too much for girls with no tolerance to handle. I personally take 300-400mg (over the night), but I am also a 180lb male. If they take the contents of the pill will it be too much for them to handle (overwhelming/uncomfortable)? Or will they just roll balls? Should I tell them too take some out and do it 1-2 hours after initial dose?

Last edited:
That's waaay too much!! You can hook them up by giving them multiple capsules but keep the dosage at 100mgs!

I already gave it to them! Should I tell them to take half out?!? I don't know how they would be able to do that...IDK if they have empty capsules around

Last edited:
Have them open it and just take half. Also, if you have good stuff, there's no need to redose for MDMA newbies.

Let's try and not mention the selling part of this problem, you could have easily gotten around that. "Hooking them up" is still considered as Distribution of Drugs to a judge.

Get her to pour the capsule out into a small amount of liquid once she gets in the venue. Only a shot or two worth, so you don't have to drink a ton at once. She can drink a little over half at once and save the rest for later if she wants more.

Pretty simple fix :)

Alright, thanks for clearing this up. What would happen if they did take the whole 200mg as a first time dose? Uncomfortably high?

Edited OP per Folley's recommendation.

Last edited:
You never know how people are going to react to MDMA. I've had a friend who had a complete anxiety attack and thought she was going to die. Also, if they have any heart problems or the setting is bad... you just never know.

That's an extreme amount, especially for a girl.

They will have a good time, but they will be so floored and couch locked. For girls that are inexperienced, I always suggest .1-.12..
I remember the first time I rolled I had 120 mgs of pure mdma in one dose, no redosing, and I had an amazing time. It was a low dose, but it was still so amazing and memorable.

I don't think they would be uncomfortable with 200mgs at all, they would definitely have a good time, but it's just too much. You don't need that much as a first timer. That much would be way too intense for them.

Whenever I roll, I drop 300mgs-500mgs pure mdma, but that's only because I'm used to how intense it is now, and I can handle it.

Thanks everyone. They are going to take half now. Should I tell them to redose in 2-3 hours? Or will 100mg be a strong roll.

Thanks everyone. They are going to take half now. Should I tell them to redose in 2-3 hours? Or will 100mg be a strong roll.

Don't even have them redose at all dude.

For anyones first time, it's always best to just take one dose. Treat it like LSD/shrooms, not cocaine.
If it's pure mdma, the afterglow is also a good experience. Just dose once.

im a little concerned by this thread. there is something a little fishy or odd..

op if you are so well experienced surely you would know the answer yourself?

if you are even remotely worried you should definitely let your friends know. it is better to be safe than sorry! 2 points is probably not going to be lethal but why would you want to risk your friends like that?

OP probably used himself as a reference.. I have seen this happen with other people before. Too bad MDMA dosage depends on quite a few variables..

^ Please do. I have seen some of their results labeled as "MDMA.HCl", so I still disagree with you.

Why would they release the results as something they are not? ALL dosage charts for MDMA are labeled for the HCL version of the drug, and this is the ONLY form of the salt found. If they wanted to make the distinction, why wouldn't they just say if it was another salt anytime they saw something other than the HCL version? It makes no sense.

Doing so is only going to confuse those who don't understand how they are labeling their results, and will lead people to under/over dose eventually.

Hey guys im not sure whether to post it here or somewhere els but...

My question is how long will be spacing on 100 mg MDMA tested ofc! im a male 19 y old last time i did was 1.5 months ago.... but mostly i dose around 70 mg now i wanna try 100 mg how long will i be spacing on this u guys think? i don't do redoses thanks guys!