• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA]Community Growing advice, tips, tricks, & experiences Part 4

Do you have any friends that grow? That's way better than trying to figure it all out yourself online

I always did huge grows im finding a small grow easy am I missing something.

No, you're not missing anything. If you started with large grow-ops, transitioning to a much smaller scale grow will naturally seem easier to you. Also, if you're skilled (which you probably are after 5 years experience, even if you were growing using a different medium in the past) then you'll be more likely to get higher quality end-products thanks to the increased amount of attention each individual plant will receive in your smaller set-up.

Don't worry, sickness, I'm pretty confident that you're doing it right.

htat wotn get u 2 pounds unless u vegged each plant 2+ months minimum jus saying

You don't think 12 plants would yield 2lbs? (I'm seriously asking, I'm not exactly a seasoned gardener.) Even if they started flowering at 18in I would think certain strains would easily yield just over 2.5oz/plant. That's just speculation on my part, though, and not offered through experience.

no not at all ur lcuky to get .5-1.5 oz per plant with 5-10 gallon pot sizes - most people dont even wait for 18" to flower - never ethe less he will NOT achieve what he wants - period

ESPECIALLY IN SOIL! just give up if ur depending on weight its not about weight its bout personal consumption

Damn.... I should just keep my mouth shut where I don't have the firsthand knowledge to back it up, lol.

So why are you worried something might go wrong. As far as I know (and this is only reading experience) soil is far more forgiving than hydro.

I think that the thing with early and late harvesting is more related to the misc. terpenes. But theres always the option of creating your own placebo effect. If you think that harvesting later will get you more of a bodystone, it will happen.

Also a little update from my side:

They still haven't responded to flowering, after 2 weeks. Maybe I got a major light leak I'm not seeing yet. Also the new growth on the plant far to the left curls under, not sure what that would be, as she has the same soil, the same feeding as the other plants.

NSFW:

252_setup.jpg

252p3.jpg

252p1.jpg

252p2.jpg

Last edited:
2 pounds off of twelve plants under 1200 watts: not likely to happen. My humble opinion would be that you should figure .5 gram a watt for first soil grow, and more once you get everything dialed in. What strains do you have going as this can really affect yield? Noticed you asked about a website that may help you out... check out www.icmag.com. They have MyNameStitch's complete guide to sick plants which is an amazing resource to diagnose and treat ailing plants. I have also seen people use her thread to get nutrient levels just right and maximize yield. You would have to look over her thread and see what is there, but I know for most plant problems she shows pictures of all stages of given problem (whether that is nutrient related, water related, pest related).

Last edited:
I have never done a soil grow. I have done lots of hydro grows. Big scale hydro grows.

I am helping a friend. 1200 watts. Prefab grow room.

6 plants per 600 watts. 12 plants for 1200 watts.

I hope for 2 pounds from this grow. I have got lots more from hydro 1200 watts but never have done soil. Alright.

I am about to flower plants are about 18 inches from the pot up. 5gallon pots. 12 plants. there great. healthy and super green. I am going to shave bottom 1/3 off bottom I think. I am going to flower tomorrow. I give them fox farm, silica, h202, ph of 6.8 or so. and im adding bush master and sweet soon.

I plant to flower them today. Even though they look great I keep freaking out im messing up or going to mess up. I mean with a soil grow is there a website to follow, or something so far off from hydro im missing a huge basic. I give them ocean forest soil, good nutes, good addititves I dipped them. I mean things going perfect so far. I can get 2 pounds per 1200 watts right? I know its high per gram but I have gotton so much more of hydro how can I not get it soil when its going great and no problems and I have 5 years growing exp.

I always did huge grows im finding a small grow easy am I missing something.

If the plants are flipped at a point where the grow area is filled with foliage and not sooner, 2lbs is not an unreasonable expectation if things go quite well but you will need to use training techniques to up the yield. Your stripping off the bottom 1/3 is a good plan since it will get rid of the popcorn bud at the bottom where there is less light and make the top buds heavier. However since you are not an experienced grower I do agree that 2lbs is too optimistic. What I mean is that it's within the realms of possibility but unlikely given your skill level. Also it's hard to know just how big the plants are without seeing them and how they fill the space (a photo would help), so it's difficult to say. They might be 18" tall but for all we know they could be incredibly bushy and squat plants.

Don't use H2O2 in soil. It will kill all the beneficial bacteria. If you want to make sure the roots get lots of oxygen, use a wet-dry cycle when watering. That is, don't water until the soil is dry but before the plants start wilting. I would also drop the silica personally, and also forget about pH adjustment if you're in soil and using normal tapwater because all good composts should buffer the soil pH since they have things like dolomite lime added. Usually to change the pH of the compost with pH adjusted nutrient solution from what I recall would take years. Go to any allotment or ask any gardener who has been gardening for years if they adjust their pH and they'll look at you like you're crazy. Remember that growing in soil is not the same as hydroponics and there is less of a cross-over in techniques than you think. You need to start thinking like a compost grower.

Last edited:
^ that's correct about the terpenes. The CBN also has a sedative effect. The best time to harvest is when the buds are ripe, and there's no sense in leaving them to go further in the mistaken belief that it will give more of a sedating couchlock high. Some growers wait for about half of the secretory cavities to go opaque before harvestingm for maximum THC levels in the bud.

The best way to decide when to harvest is by your own individual taste and so flash drying bud samples at the various stages to decide what is the best for you as an individual and the pheno you. Leaving half the secretory cavities to go opaque will ensure the max THC level but they will also have a larger percentage of THC breakdown products like CBN, which is why some harvest earlier while most of the secretory cavities are still clear.

However if you want a high CBD strain then you should really buy a high CBD strain that has the CBD allele, such as the new range just brought out by the CBD crew which seem to be selling out fast so I'm not even sure if all the strains will still be available, or you could buy seeds from a landrace charas strain that hasn't been selectively bred in the same way as ganja or modern drug hybrid strains. Strains like Lebanese or Mazar-I-Sharif are pefect examples of this (see photos below).

Mazar-I-Sharif:

NSFW:
index.php

NSFW:
mazar.jpg

Lebanese:

NSFW:
index.php

Fair enough, its just annoys me when people make hugely sweeping statements like that with little to no data to back it up.

Fair enough, its just annoys me when people make hugely sweeping statements like that with little to no data to back it up.

Like the myth that late harvested bud is higher in CBD?

There's a lot of disinformation and many myths throughout the cannabis growing community IMO and the late harvesting = CBD myth is a perfect example of this. The fact that so many people repeat the myth makes it more believable for some people who as a result, don't bother to actually do the research to verify whether it's true or not. This unfortunately just perpetuates the false information because they pass the knowledge on to others when giving advice. It's an easy mistake to make but knowing the truth teaches a valuable lesson fortunately.

Last edited:
Is this sound right im about to flower

4 by 8 grow room with two 600watt lights. I have 6 plants under each. Seeing how there is room around them im asuming that my watts per square foot good. I mean 6 per light good right? there doing great about 18 inches so im going flower them. Is three days darkness to force flower the way to do it still or is that old?

Just to let you know, I think you meant to post this in the growing thread, since it'll get moved there anyway.

No the number of watts per square foot isn't very good. It's only 37.5W/sq ft whereas 50 is the ideal, so you'll get a lot more air bud and could have a more efficient setup if you concentrated the same light on a smaller floor area.

Don't put them in darkness for three days, that won't achieve anything in the long run and could even encourage hermies.

I moved the grow into a cab today =) took about 5 hours to build but there is still some stuff to fix =) I'm a bit worried about the light intensity but I'll move the lights further down tomorrow.

NSFW:

262_umbau1.jpg

262umbau_2.jpg

262umbau3.jpg

I just needed more space for vegging the outdoor plants and today I had some time so I figured I might aswell do it today :D