• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA] Cannabis Cessation Support Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
israeligangsta36 you are in the same situation as me! Haha, I have to quit to get my license; my parents drug test me when I have a license!

Maybe Im a bit late on this thread but after I finish what Ive got left today Im gonna stop for a good while. Did try at the beginning of this week but my mate called me up and rolled a spliff and I had a few tokes and decided to buy another 8th. Im really gonna have to start making up some excuses because I do want to stop, and I like the clear head thing! lol

Anyway, here's hoping I stay sober for a while (after today!)

I've been since june. Rawr. I got the power!

I've been put in rehab then and have been getting drug tested since.
Oh well, theres alot of other drugs I can still do %) =D :p

Re: Quitting - Round 3

john mason said:
Well I've done several half-ass attempts to quit weed in the past... and none of them really worked for more than 10 days... I would like to go for a month without any, and I am starting it right now. I didn't smoke yesterday so that's a good start. So far I haven't smoked today either. Feeling pretty good so far..

Is anyone else in??

yep , i m in for it. i dont see the problem, quitin ganja is the easiets thing there is to quit...what's the fuckin problem?

if u cant quit ganja, u wont be albe to quit nothin.

I started this thread a very long time ago, I went 3 months without it, but I came back. Trust me guys, it is a worthy cause. I thought I wanted to quit forever, but I have since realized this is not the case.

Stay with it

Re: Quitting - Round 3

john mason said:
Well I've done several half-ass attempts to quit weed in the past... and none of them really worked for more than 10 days... I would like to go for a month without any, and I am starting it right now. I didn't smoke yesterday so that's a good start. So far I haven't smoked today either. Feeling pretty good so far..

Is anyone else in??

some tips to quit:
- smoke all the ganja u have left
- avoid contact with ppl that might offer u ganja or ppl u buy it from

--> u r bound to have sleepings problems ( if u were a heavy smoker), but that 's not a real problem either. make sure ur busy durin the day, make sure ur tired at nite ( doin sport might help igues?) still , u ll have major problems to sleep ... takin supplements like 5-htp might help, but it's not essential, ithink. just go to bed and lay there untill u fall asleep. there will be a moment when u fall a sleep, no doubt about that. okay, u ll feel exhausted the next day and u wont be albe to sleep well that day either and it might take u more than a week to have a normal sleepin patern , but soon u ll realize there's nothin to it. u ll feelin happy bout the fact u took a break, u ll be delighted to have a clear mind agian and so on.
i know what i m talkin about. i once smoked 25gr in 1.5 week and then suddenly stopped. it was "difficult" ( difficult but fuckin ez in comparison to quitin nicotine for instance) the first three days, sure , u lay in bed sweating alot and so on, but it's worth it. smokin everyday is not somethin that i would recommend to others. :)

john mason said:
I started this thread a very long time ago, I went 3 months without it, but I came back. Trust me guys, it is a worthy cause. I thought I wanted to quit forever, but I have since realized this is not the case.

Stay with it

offcourse ! never ever quit for good! :) but smokin breaks r necessary i think =D

Hello everyone,

Used to be a long time reader here, signed up, and then for some reason (don't even remember anymore, guess what caused that? :p ) Anyway, as most of the people here I have decided to give up smoking! Ill give a brief history... I started smoking in the summer of 2002 when I was up at my cottage in Canada.

After that one smoking experience, I moved back to where I have my house and where I live out the school year, Houston. When I arrived there and had found my new friend pot, I quickly started trying to setup connections, etc to try to get more and more! Finding out it was $20/gram and that my girlfriend (at the time) was completely against any drugs of any sort, that kind of put a damper on my smoking plans. While it would still happen, it was only a few times a month.

Last summer though I moved back to Canada, and this would be where I would go to school for my final year of high school. Once I got up here, I instantly got put onto the insanely cheap and potent bud that is up here in Canada! Half the price ($10/gram) for amazing good chronic, and having a girlfriend that doesn't mind me smoking pot led to me picking up the habit rather quickly. I started off having a dime that would last me for a week, and now, around 9 months last, and for the past 5-6 months I have been smoking everyday, around a 1-1.5g/day.

All of the friends that I have made here in Canada have been my small group of pot-smoking friends. I never had a need to make a huge group of friends since I knew that I would only be here for a year, then would be moving off to University. I thought it would be better to just get to know a smaller group of people really well, and so did! Every single one of them smoked pot, and a lot of it!

Now, being September 1st, and considering that University is starting up on September 5th, I need to quit! Getting caught in University in the dorms with pot instantly means getting kicked out, and it is not acceptable for me to loose the $5000 or so residence fees all simply over a drug. Today has been the first day, and its nearly 1:00am! Having a pretty rough time of it so far, mainly I am thinking since I do not have to many friends that don't smoke weed (except of course my girlfriend), and do not want to not see ANY of my friends over the next four days since it will be some of the last times that we can hang out.

I have been feeling the same way that most people on here have felt. I had a session last night before going to bed so when I first woke up at about 1:30pm, I was not craving at all. By around 4:00pm or so I was beginning to feel a little bit agitated and anxious. I would get overly annoyed with my parents throughout the day for things that really didn't merit any anger.

For the most part of the day I have been inside, doing work around the house, playing video games, etc. My girlfriend came over tonight at around 9:00pm, and it didn't start off well with her. I started to get annoyed with her if she would talk for more then 15 seconds, but that passed once I kind of got into a "groove" with her or something like that. Eventually she just didn't annoy me, but I assume thats how it should be with a girlfriend, lol.

She only stayed for around two hours, and we just watched TV, etc. Throughout the day I had only eaten some fruit, and a piece (a single piece) of KFC. This was all earlier in the day when the cravings were not that bad. Time passed rather quickly, so when I realized when I was with my girlfriend that I had not eaten in 6 hours, we quickly went out. I got two pieces of pizza and after taking one bite I was done! Like a poster above I could not have the stuff sitting in my mouth without wanting to gag! Part of it must of been that it was pizza, but still. That was ridiculous.

Once I took her home, I decided to go over to a friends house, since he was having some people over. It turned out that he was one of my only non-smoking friends, and his Dad was home so there was ZERO chance for anyone to smoke. I went over, and it was a few girls that I didn't know and a couple guy friends that smoke, and some who don't. I felt pretty zoned out for most of the time, never being able to really spark up a conversation, and feeling kind of uncomfortable (funny, isn't weed supposed to do that to you?). I got really tired, and just didn't feel to well so left there after about 45 minutes and went over to one of my stoner's friends house. Big mistake! I never smoked, but just going down there into my usual hangout spot with some of my friends all blitzed out of their minds, it was so hard not to smoke. I stayed there for a grand total of around 5 minutes before getting the hell out of there so I could more easily resist the temptation!

Last thing to cover is the sleep issue! For pretty much the whole day I have been pretty tired, but of course never able to fall asleep. Its 1:00am right now as Im typing this, and my eyes are so shut I feel like Im stoned, but I know as soon as I lay down that my eyes are going to open wide and my mind will start racing!

A lot of you have proven to be some serious inspiration for me! Even though I decided to quit before reading these forums, I did come here wanting to find people who were in the same situation as me, and that is exactly what I found! Thanks everyone for sharing your stories, and Ill keep posting here to give updates as to how my "break" saga continues!

Okay, I'm on day 2 of a weed break after about ten months of daily use. I've also just started a job which requires me to wake up early in the morning. Combining the two has made me quite miserable.

Symptoms: Headache, stomach pains, complete loss of apetite (I had a bagel today, that's it), mild depression. Haven't experienced insomnia, probably because I'm getting so little sleep as it is.

My goal is to make it four weeks (28 days). Weed doesn't negatively effect my life, so that isn't a concern. I just want to make sure I'm capable of stopping and that I have control over it should I ever need to.

Ugh, I've heard the symptoms will likely increase over the next few days. I'm not looking forward to that....

SO right about 'not being able to hold stuff in your mouth without gagging'. Mom prepared dinner tonight. I managed to force down about half of it and dumped it when she left the room. It took me about a minute to finally be able to swallow that last mouthful of rice.

Anyone else experience stomach cramps?

I never experienced stomach cramps while taking breaks, but I did get the loss of appetite and inability to sleep at night. But it goes away; you just have to find something to fill your time, because we all know that when you ain't got shit to do, you want to smoke. Its a way of killing time, so if you don't have time to kill, you'll think about it less.

But trust me, any negative feelings you have will go away within a week. When you are having them, you don't think they'll ever leave, but they will. Just hold in there man, it gets easier with time.

Vaebn said:

Anyone else experience stomach cramps?

I definately do anytime I stop. I also often get diahrea, depending on how much I was smoking everyday(6-10mg loperamide hcl takes care of that though.

I also have NO appetite. This is by far the worst side effect of quitting weed. Even when smoking weed I don't eat quite as much as I should especially since I workout all the time, so that makes it all the tougher to quit. If I quit weed, I'd be doing more harm than good by working out(because of the minimal caloric intake), so I'll have to take a break from lifting the next time I stop I guess.

I wish I could just stop weed w/o any of these physical symptoms like some people can do. :\

Just a little update incase anyone cares :)

Just past midnight, so JUST started day 5 of my break from the marijuana! Going good so far, and its been getting easier everyday. I didn't really get any stomach cramps, but I FOR SURE am having a problem eating still! Its getting better, like the cravings, but its still a serious problem.i'vee gotten past the gagging stage and I justdon'tt have much of anappetitee now, which is really starting to bug me (already lost weight).

To the above poster who works out, something you could think about doing is getting some weight gain formula, which usually comes in the form of a drink w/ high calories but not bad for you,meantt for bodybuilders. That should be pretty easy to put down, and will help keep your calories for the day up! Also, I found it best to try and eat foods that are lighter on your stomach (ex, not extremely greasy like pizza), and that are not extremely filling.

I have been getting some VERY intense dreams lately, which I am finding to be a very cool side-effect of stopping smoking! While I am still having problems sleeping, one of the above posters mentioned that even if he/she fell asleep for 5 minutes, they would still have a dream. I am getting that exact same thing! Each morning when I wake up I usually have a bit of a queazy stomach, but that subsides after an hour or two (I am assuming its from the lack of sleep/constant waking up).

Anyway, off to bed!

Well i failed to cut down smoking because of school, but fuckit. i took a 3 day break which i am happy about and i won't be smoking on days where school and work take up 14 hours of the day.

Im quit weed two days ago, cigarettes I quit tommorow when I finish my pack. Aiming for a month, but I'd hope to go longer (though halloween might have to be an exception if I cant get any shrooms).

I just wanted to state this, wish me luck.

I have been getting some VERY intense dreams lately, which I am finding to be a very cool side-effect of stopping smoking! While I am still having problems sleeping, one of the above posters mentioned that even if he/she fell asleep for 5 minutes, they would still have a dream. I am getting that exact same thing! Each morning when I wake up I usually have a bit of a queazy stomach, but that subsides after an hour or two (I am assuming its from the lack of sleep/constant waking up).

i just had a cease-smoke about 3 days ago and have been having awesome dreams as well.. i think its because marijuana affects REM sleep which is the period in which dreams occur

ive been a daily smoker for 3 yrs averaging atleast 2 grams to the head each day... today is the first day i stopped cold turkey to quit...

speaking of appetite i think i smoked so much i lost my appetite... as weird as it sounds but this is the main reason why im stopping... im getting thinner and thinner...

its 5pm now and all day all ive had is a measley bowl of Total Raisin Bran... Im gonna go to try and exercise so that i might hopefully get hungry and be able to eat...

i want to gain weight and eat food the way i used to...

Where food tastes good and you could eat like a ravage beast

Hello!

I just thought Id add to this little thread.

My new years resolution was to take a mini break from smoking. I love smoking..and it isnt really causing me any problems in general (perhaps just feeling a little groggy, and I could use more motivation, and would prefer less tolerance) but I thought for the new year it would be good to give my system a good early "spring cleaning". Tomorrow will be day 4 for me...Ive been washing myself out with lots of water and eating tons of good food (I dont get how you guys cant eat, I eat no matter what!). Today was the first day I really felt the THC start to leave my system. I felt cleaner today! YAY!

It sucks because I know I have a ton of pot here and it would feel awesome to smoke right now and watch adult swim (my vice hehe) but its okay..because I know if I did that my tolerance will just stay the same. And I want my tolerance lessened a bit before I smoke again.

Ill check back with my progress and I wish all of you guys luck on quitting/taking a break. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.