• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA] Cannabis Cessation Support Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a relapse... after not smoking for 3 months. I had a huge fight with my parents and my head was kinda fucked up at the time cuz I had a lot of shit on my mind... this was 5 nights ago. It wasn't spur of the moment or anything, I pretty much planned it out about 4 hours in advance of when I smoked it.

Man. Oh. Man. Talk about BLOWN. It was basically like the first time I ever smoked in my life... back in freshman year, I was so fucked up I couldn't even really move. I was with my friends and I told em tonight was a special occassion and I was gonna have a few hits on the pipe. I was kinda worried that after so much time not smoking weed, dank might get me TOO high so I had him pack 1/2 a bowl of mids. Back in the day, this amount would do nothing. Seriously, nothing. Listening to "Nothing Else Matters" I was waiting for the solo to come in before I blazed it. I love doing that.

Anyway.. after I smoked that I was already high as hell, I couldnt stop smiling, could barely say anything without laughing, etc.. from like 4-5 hits of mids. I wanted more. So my other friend packed a bowl of some good dank. This is what did me in. It was too much for my tolerance.

After smoking like 1/2 the bowl of dank I gave it to them... I couldn't take anymore. I smoked a cigarette and after that I was pretty much out. I've heard of people tripping off weed before but I never really beleived it... NOW I do. I got closed eye visuals, music was enhanced to an almost UNBELEIVABLE degree similar to pychedelics. I'm not joking... it was very very intense.

In my mind, I could handle how high I was, but the body stone was so heavy it really was pretty unpleasant. I got out of the car and could barely stand up without leaning on something etc... not fun.

We went inside and I was watching them play Gamecube, unable to think... I was so high. Then I realized I didn't like to feel this stupid. The weed took my "edge" away from me... the edge I have grown rather fond of over the last 3 months.. I dont think weed is my thing anymore. I really dont know how I went so long smoking copious amounts of dank every day... I just can't do it anymore. I can't go back into that fog...

Just wanted to post this story since it was a pretty big deal for me after going for so long without weed.

Good luck to yall, and I'm not off the bandwagon dont worry. This is just a new beginning to more sobriety from weed.
=D

Sifodyas said:
day 4 for me and counting.. no withdrawal symptoms yet..
I wanna be clean by May 26th so I can take the drug test to get into the Army.

you're joining the army? dude that sucks, im hopin you don't get shipped overseas

Blowmonkey said:
Hey era, I've merged your post in with an almost identical thread.

Good luck with taking a break! :)

kuel =D

DAY ONE:
didn't sleep last nite. just tossing and turning... eyes WIDE open. sun came up and I just went to work basically. was feeling ok at first...
but then i've been sweating like a madman all day. just sitting at my desk while the sweat drips from my armpits, right down my torso...
right now, pretty depressed cuz it feels like i lost my best friend or my beloved dog died...
funny though, soon as I got outta work...i called my dealer and left a message...but i guess it's just routine by now. anyway, he called me back and I just refused to pick up the phone because my month-quitting plan kicked in. hopefully I can keep it up. basically just bored now, wishing I was really high.

hopefully this get's better. feel like total crap :(

Dr. McBudstoke said:
you're joining the army? dude that sucks, im hopin you don't get shipped overseas
yep.. just took the official drug test and I passed. I plan on going overseas, not Iraq.. but to Korea. I am Korean-American and I want to live there to see how life is. BTW I was in the US. I'm 30 and had no discipline in my life, but after finally deciding to go Army, I have the confidence and drive to accomplish something and I think the Army will help me for my future.

I have quit for a month and have no urges to smoke. Before I would get anxiety attacks if I started to run out of weed. I am glad I am not chained to smoking bud anymore. Plus I save money =D

time to quit for the summer

..and i havnt felt better for weeks.

the last few weeks ive been thinking about quitting the buddah, the speed, booze and pills. but since the herb has been the major drug in my life this break is perhaps (probably) not for ever.
but ive been blurring out the reality i so much love. the love of summer and the love for my girlfriend is enough for me to make this decision.

cannabis is a godblessed herb but when the time comes you better realise it. been too much nasty side effects lately.
ok ok, ive been smoking daily more or less for the last 6 months and it has gone less than 24 hours since last spliff ;) did speed last night and had a beer some 4 hours ago. so i havent acctually accomplished shit yet but it will work still. cus when you feel you got it, you got it.

ive saved enough to get to sleep the coming 2 nights and after that i will hang at my sisters place for the rest of the week where i can kick it with her daughters (kickass 4/7 years kids) and after that the worst part is practicly over. (gone through this before yes ;)

but with some mad exercise and the help of a few good friends i know ill pull through.

And i cant wait to get memory and energy back and make this a kickass season!

just wanned to vent, just wanted to vent! ..and probably lock another backdoor since i would look real silly if i fell back after this lill speach :D

good luck on quitting and keep up the exercise.

as for me, summer equals no school which in turn equals more drugs =D

as for me, summer equals no school which in turn equals more drugs
Same here. I need still to go work, but there is summer vacation so more drugs indeed in summer. Aaahhh... I have many weekends planed for forward to my trip's and drug use.

But if you decided to quit for summer then good for you. Always it's good to take breaks and moderate you drug use. Little reality is good for you/us time to time. Cannabis drug, that you can do all the time and never get inaf... I use it now moderatly and it work for me. Nice summer to ya all:D

^ I did.

I quit for the summer, too. Probably for a lot longer than that. At least until I've got a better job, a place to live, and secure finances. Then will I even *consider* having a smoke. It took me about one week to return to normal, and it's incredible. You've got this in the bag, so go ahead and start feeling good about it because it's only going to get better and better ;)

yea, after smokin it for like 5 years, and for about the past 2 years everyday, it really can get in the way of our life. memory- shot. simple, ordinary words look, strange these days. i tried quittin several times, 2 weeks being the longest ever. i quit in may. well planned on it. so next goal: quit in june. didnt work- im baked. so NEXT goal, gettin back from the shore july 4, so after a very drug-oriented week- then im done. only using on occasion. ive been noticing myself touching drugs i feared wene a youngster. practially all the mainstream drugs- and i think i may be picking up a slight opiate habbit. hydro, oxycodone, ms, fentanyl, and damn dude i did dope last month. gotta watch myself ;) o , btw is it possible that the couple times i smoked dust,(couple times, but large quantity each time, several dippers:)) did that fuck me up in the head at all you think? or is it just all the pot..idk..

excercise

A brief account of my battle with weed:

I started smoking in january 03, then I quit in may after realizing what a lazy bum I was becoming. I gained about 30 pounds in that time from the munchies. I have a really difficult time controlling them so it gets out of hand. Anyways, I stayed off the greens for that whole summer. I ran three miles every day and felt so absolutely fantastic. I lost all the weight I had gained during my binges. drank once or twice a month, but that was about it.

Then, about a month into senior year of HS, I started toking in moderation, once or twice a month. However, this past april I got into smoking everyday again, way more heavily than last time. Part of the reason for this is because I got a job and therefore a steady source of weed cash. I kept the munchies under control much better that time around.

Now it is early July and I have gone 2 1/2 days w/o weed so far. this time I want to quit because I could see how my personality was going away. I was a zombie. I'm starting to run again, and I find that is the best way for me to keep myself occupied (that and work).

To all those who want to quit, I cannot reccommend daily excercise enough. It cleans out your body and your mind and makes you feel alive and excited about life again. Good luck, it can be done.

I am about to hit the two month mark of no weed. Plus I am hitting my three week mark of no smoking cigarettes too.

And Cryphyx is correct, exercise.. that's what I do. I feel so alive now. I also notice what can of a person I became. The anti-social type.

I'm not quitting, just cuttingback, I rmeember when1 cone would knock my on my arse, and now its more like 4 cones, which I know isnt much, but I have incredibly low tolerance,.
So I've been off for about four days, and I feel fine.
I was using it to help my insomnia (It seemed like a good idea at the time!) so whats helping me is finding other ways of getting to sleep.

and exercise of course!

Just thought I would let yall know... I'm back in with full force. Sorry to let you down 8( =D

Ahh its been toooooo looong :)

Hey
This thread seems to be fading away...
I decided to quit weed like all of u have done or doing now.
Heres a background of my use: I started when I was 13, by the age of 14 I was smoking everyday, sometimes more than a couple of times. By the age of 15 I was buying in huge quantities just to keep me high. By 16 I was dealing so I could support my habbit. Today, Im 19 graduated from high school and just about to start college. After being turned down for a job that I had on lock because of a failed drug test (no im not stupid enough to give my own resinated urine, I got a clean sample from a friend but the nurse that was testing me told me right away "I can't get a temperature on this sample, im gonna have to ask oyu to get me a new one" I just walked out.)
Weed has helped me in many ways, I feel that its a part of my personality. But right now I feel that its hurting me more than helping me advancing in life. After being confronted by my family who are worried of my abuse, I decided that I should indeed quit, not for them but for myselfy. Weed has indeed taken away a chunk of my personality. I find it difficult to talk to people I dont know especially starting a conversation. I don't enjoy living in this "fog" anymore. So I've decided to quit. Today is day one and I know its going to be a hard first week but I feel that I can do it. Thank god Im not addicted to something stronger like coke or heroin. I know now that I have an addictive personality. I hope that I can keep myself busy so I wont think about toking up. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Yeah try to keep yourself busy for the first couple of days, they will be the worst. You're really going to want to smoke bad. Try and avoid situations where people are blazing up, that doesnt help either.

In about a week you should feel "high on life" :)

Im not gonna try to avoid smoking situations because all of my friends smoke and I can't ask them not to because Im not smoking. Also, my friends constantly ask me to get them weed and Im happy to do it for them as a favor. Im gonna have to get used to being around smokers even though I won't be smoking, not saying its gonna be easy but Its something ill have to deal with. Anyways today I went to the gym for the first time in months. I got on that treadmill and ran for 15 minutes, felt like I was gonna die/collapse. Im gonna be going to the gym everyday with my friend.
Ill keep you posted.

i just quit smoking weed due to legal troubles. I quit it straight up cold turkey and it was no problem at all. i never even second guess or think "maybe just a little bit" cause i know just a little bit will fuck over my piss test. My friends smoke right infront of me and i get them weed all the time. no temptation at all. maybe its just me

End of day 2 with no weed: I feel no negative withdrawls at all. Started working out to help fill the void weed left me with. My head feels as clear as its been for years. I've got much more energy now, and I feel I can converse with people easier now. Truthfully, I don't know why I didn't quit earlier. Tomorow, I have my driving test, hopefully Ill walk out with a license! Wish me luck!

Quitting weed is a fuckin' bitch. I've been smoking daily for a year now and stopping is like hell. Always the urge to smoke, weed is wondeful, blah blah... I don't wanna use other drugs (minus opiates but I can't get any). I hate getting drunk, what else is out there for me?

Status
Not open for further replies.