• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA] Basic Cultivation

^^^

Or if it's really on your owned property, and you have time early in the morning, take watch in a tree, landing or where ever you can without being noticed. Look to see who comes and goes and what time. Be sure to watch where they go on your land. once they vacate go in and do what you need to. it's your land, and it's being tresspassed on. What's on your land is yours. But as the guy above said, watch out, demands can become hassels for you. So if you really want to take what's there, wait until the coast is clear. Then wait a little longer just to be sure.

happy harvesting!

alright im gonna start growing one winter passes outside around my home i live in Maine so the winters can last kinda long... stretchin to late Feb if i was to start growing the plants from the seeds i collect from all the best weed i buy when about should i start so they are only 4-8 inches tall when i transport them outside in early March?

Im in school so the indoor stuff wont work.. too little cash flow at this point

I have a nice Stream that comes from a huge pond behind my house and go's right inbetween me and my neighbors and plenty of Rasberry bushes around the area of the river , if i cut like a hole in the center would that be a good Idea? my mother planted the rasberrys a while back...ferns by the thousands gorw there(Tryign to get as much help possible so giving alot of details)

theres also a Blueberry bush about 6-8 feet from my bedroom window...and i was wondering if i got some of the blueberry seeds and put them with the weed when planting if it would make it taste blueberry?

and if so...could i just plant next to the blueberry bush? and would the other weed taste slightly like rasberrys?

theres also an option of up ontop of the hill near the pond... but as i get closer to the pond there is another house on the other side...with a 7yr old boy should i avoid planting in those areas? and if u could tell me what one you guys think would be best?

i have a few other places that i have kindof researched aswell... they all seem to have good lighting but a decent ways away from the lil brooke ...

Wow... long post... just looking for the best advice Thanks =)

o and not to pester...if there are alot of rocks/soil that is like steadily supported in an island shape inthe lil brooke would planting a plant there be beneficial? it would need to be chopped early cause my neighbors would be able to see it and take it ...but other than that it could grow there

Choose the site that gets the most light, and isn't likely to be sighted by anyone. The site you mentioned with lots of ferns probably isn't a good place, as ferns thrive in partly shaded sites, not really what you want. The hill top site sounds best out of what you mentioned as far as light goes.

As for planting next to blue/raspberries, there's no way it could affect the taste of your crop, so cancel that from your plans. If possible, try to plant at least a few feet away from other plants, as you want to give your plant's roots as much space as possible.

and uhh... when should i start them in my room? i only want them to be like...4-8" when i need to bring them outside

Depends, it could take anywhere between 1-3 weeks. If you're using a weak light, or don't have the light close enough, they could stretch to that height in a few days even. Unless you have a very small time frame to work with, it shouldn't matter, just start them when the frosts have gone.

This is a message to LayingPipe...Although I agree with Nightfun about climbing a tree to see who is trespassing and growing on your property without permission, I would very carefully assess the guy(s) before helping yourself to any weed that wasn't grown by you.
First, they may be bikers, or even gang members, able to take revenge for the theft of "their" weed. , They know where you live. You know shit about them. Secondly, stealing weed, no matter how righteous you feel about it's ownership, is bad karma. Stealing weed, Weed you didn't work for is just about as low as you can get in the eyes of another grower.
So, find out who these trespassers are, and if they seem approachable, then do so, with caution, and most likely, these guys will be happy to share rather than have you turned them in, or stolen their whole crop. It'll make eveyone happy, and maybe you could even offer to let them grow again next year, for the same deal.
It's a win-win situation, rather than looking over your shoulder and worrying about the lives of your family over some fuckin' weed.

A few years ago, near Castleton, Ontario, This fat,drunken, local loser, by the name of Humpty, stole some bikers weed. Everyone knew it was biker weed. Biker property backed on to it. No one ever went near.
The bikers never had to booby-trap their patches, because who the fuck would steal from them, eh? Humpty.
Well Humpty was braggin' at the bar that he knew where there was a shit-load growing, and he could get his hands on tonnage. Well he did. And a week or so later, the OPP found Dumb ole Humpty face-down in the swamp, with his thumbs cut off. No shit.
You can check out this story for yourselves at the Colburne Cronicle newspaper.
The moral of this story is don't touch other people's weed. Even if they are in the wrong, you'll pay far worse .
That's my little sermon for today.

I would highly recommend just looking up your local hydro shop and going cash and carry for the light.

It is well worth the money and your address stays private.

My first 1000W HPS changed my life.

Growing herb really is easy once you get the hang out of it and you can build a virtually "set & forget" hydro system for like $100 easy let me know if your want details or links I will post.

Herb isn't addictive, but growing it sure is.

I was at the store buying my high pressure sodium light, and I noticed among it was Metal Halide and Mercury Vapor lights. I know how the Metal Halides are but I haven't heard anything about Mercury Vapor. How are they compared to High Pressure Sodium lamps?

if the bulb was clear then it's of higher intensity without the inner phosphorus coating that makes most fluorescent lights glow well off low wattage.... seems like a poor option compared to CFLs, unless it emits some magical wavelength that makes plants grow faster

oh i found a chart

Lamp Type Watts Lumens per bulb Total efficiency
==========================================
Fluorescent Bulb 40 3000 400 watts = 30k lumens
Mercury Vapor 175 8000 400 watts = 20k lumens

just pack a few extra CFLs in and can acheive as much light penetration as a mercury vapor lamp, with with so low wattage that can be close to the plants and ultimately achieve almost as much light penetration as an HID lamp

actually, the site i got that from explains everything about this shit... so.. you know

Last edited:
how much should i be expecting to pay in electric for one crop? im in the uk with 4 300 watt lights

has anybody notcied that the male plants tend to smell when there young and females don't until they fllower or is this just a coincidence I've noticed?

Also I was looking for opinions on the best way to cure.

Last edited:
I didn't think a brand new thread was necessary for this but I have a question about something I bought earlier that I thought would be good to line your grow room with. It was a coleman brand 52''X82'' emergency blanket made of "aluminized polyester". Will this reflect light in the same way as regular aluminum foil? I know aluminum foil is bad to use but I bought it cause it was 2 bucks and I didn't notice it was aluminized until I got home. It it works I highly recommend it. I bought it at target and it's a pretty good amount of space covered for $2.

wanted to see what y'all though about my very first grow attempt
...as in, wanted to know if there was any suggestions or anything that looks appraently wrong with the guy
thanks for any comments!
btw sorry for the blur these pics were about as good as i could get them
...the plants in the background are tomatoes...

they are goin on about 5 weeks here
img0356qd4.jpg

img0360js1.jpg

haha good one on the tomatoes... as long as they're not sharing a bucket with the pot it should be fine but it kinda looks like that from the first pic.

it looks like you're using daylight CFLs but if you ever switch up to HID bulbs make sure to put as many crinkles in the aluminum foil as possible to keep from intensifying the light and burning a few leaves (hot spots)

if you are using CFLs, i would set the lights closer to the plant. from the node spacing it looks like the lights are a good distance away and causing the plant to stretch a bit to reach prefered lumen penetration. otherwise it looks pretty decent, keep updating :)