• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA] 2010-2011 Community Growing advice, tips, tricks, & experiences

Status
Not open for further replies.
this page looks blank
5014276300_ded87c65c3_z.jpg

virgin grow

hey guys been considerin settin up a small indoor garden for a while...and would like some in-put from y'all..ie setup...what do i need and roughly how much costwise? also electricisty?? how much will it increase bill etc..also i can be very para...n wen one of my mates had his set up he had odor issuses...how can i control these and keep everythin cushty? also what is easiest set up for a first timer to maintain?? help on this would be mucho appric8d..also any tips etc....=D

mucho luv <3 xxx

oh man, some are unknown seeds but i got kings kush, grape ape, green crack, trainwreck and possibly C-99 but i wont know untill they flower.

some of those have been in there upward of 3 months, waiting for space in the flower chamber.

how much successes have any of you had cloning a top?
this is supposed to be the most difficult to get to root because it has the least new fresh growth hormones in it, but is the most potent of the three sections of growth. seems this wools make for a killer mother.
I do this every chance I get. The top of the plant is the most difficult to clone, but the top is also the most vigorous. I have about a 80% success rate when cloning the top, versus a 99% success rate cloning branches. It's totally worth the risks though. When you clone the top, that plant grows FAST and BIG. Makes for a perfect new mother ;)

Yeah, was really odd, I found out last night that my friend had Hung himself, and left a letter with all of his friends #'s on it, Had a rough night last night, woke up, went to work (I work at a church) and there was a funeral going on, I didn't know who it was for, so I was just cleaning up, and and saw a picture of another friend who I had helped get sober, cleaned up, Got a job, had a girl who was pregnant, and just blah, fuck...
Guess this should go in Darkside, meh...

Thanks for the support/advice, truly appreciate it.
My seedlings are all doing well, infact, I'm gonna go take some pics of the crappy Northern Lights I chopped down, and the sprouting seedlings.
Gotta keep myself busy, keep my mind off things, so people tell me.
Oh man, my condolences to you prelude. Hopefully you have a friend or family or church member you can talk to about this. Keep your head up.

Also, keep up the good work with your plants and you will be rewarded nicely :) Glad you got your sprouts growing, they are superior genetics from seed (as apposed to clone), so make sure to keep one as a mother when they get big.

Well, after ALL of this confusion about whether 600 Watt MH bulbs even exist, well,
I went to my local Hydro store, and the guy sold me a 600 Watt MH Sunpulse Bulb, now, He told me this was straight MH, not a conversion, and everywhere I've read online says they dont make 600 watt MH bulbs, Im a little confused,
when I look it up on line, its SPMH (Sun Pulse Metal Halide),

Can anyone clear this up?

Also, how long do I need to keep my seedlings under CFLS, when can I put them under my Metal Halide, and at what distance should I try starting at.,

-Thanks Wolfgang, appreciate it, Ive had a few people to talk to, the church isn't really a good place to talk about it, all they can do is say how awful and selfish these people were, thank God, I have a few friends who are down to earth though...heh Churches sure aren't what they used to be...

I'm gonna have to try this whole cloning from the top, I didnt know it made any difference at all, i've always cloned branches, with success every time, I still haven't had a clone die on me, (unless my dog Killed it at ate it), guess Ill have to try this out when my plants get larger.

Is that a flourecent grow Arob?

Chainer, it is alright to

Last edited:
that is a florescent grow space 2 t8 fixtures for clones .

I also have a 400 HPS/MH.

and another area with 2 4 foot t5s that is under construction for the older babies when they outgrow the clone area

see the pics

NSFW:
5014276458_c62647a3d5_b.jpg

check the 3 month under t 8s clones
NSFW:
5025778656_c3343ff9de_z.jpg

and the HPS zone
NSFW:
5025779294_441b0f9fef_z.jpg

zomg @ the last pic....

when can I visit?

Also, do you worry about burn with the plants touching the light like that?

Only on one of the shoplights, and the t5s will burn leaves. I don't care though they learn not to touch em.

my friends from bluelight are always welcome:)

Ah - I'm a bit of a bulb newbie. I've never had my own grow but several of my close buddies do currently and I'm learning a lot from them and from reading through here.

I'll have to give the bay area a visit. Those plants look magnificent keep up that A+ work

Lookin good Arob, is that a current pic..have you been flowering through the summer months? What's your temps at? They look a little heat stressed, but nothing major, not like what I dealt with my last cycle that finished 2nd week of June...man it's tough to keep the temps down sometimes..haha.

I would let them get a few levels of true leaves before putting them under the much more intense light. You can veg those babies under a T5 for quite some time actually, but a MH will definitely increase the speed of growth, but you wanna make sure they are healthy enough and big enough to handle the intensity of a MH. Last thing you wanna do is fry your seedlings..lol. Once they are ready, I would keep them ATLEAST 18 inches above and that is with a 400watt MH, if your gonna veg em w/ a 600...start off like 24inches above them and as they acclimate to the MH, then you can start to lower the light. BUT for the first 2 or 3 days, I would keep that 600w mh about 2ft above the seedlings to be on the safe side. Once you set up the 600, just put your hand right above the seedlings and if it feels like it's too hot, then raise light even more.

Lookin good Arob, is that a current pic..have you been flowering through the summer months? What's your temps at? They look a little heat stressed, but nothing major, not like what I dealt with my last cycle that finished 2nd week of June...man it's tough to keep the temps down sometimes..haha.

Yes that is super current, some unknown seed freaks that have been flowering since my grape apes were also flipped to 12/12 on march 26th.

the grapes finished in june and my 6 seeds finished one by one until now i have 3 plants left, ones got like a week to go, the other maybe 4 and the other one probly has at least 6 weeks left cuz it had some freak out light leak reveg or something.

I don't know if you have read my older posts describing my grow, but its in the attic crawlspace. it gets very hot up there just from the sun on the black roof. throw a 400 in there, thats cookin.

I have to run my lights at night
I have a cold air intake that helps but i still have heat issues and my dark cycle temps are regularly 80-85 from about noon to 7 and 90-100 on hot days.

luckly im coastal so it never gets too hot outside, so i always have cold air to suck in.

check out the revegged stressed freak
NSFW:
5028114227_da3fc53b73_z.jpg

check out the nute fried freak who accidently got a high dose of finishing nutes and bud hardener when it was not really at that stage, it's neighbor was. buds are still okay though, just gonna have to trim for ever.
NSFW:
5028153113_beed641a7b_z.jpg

And heres that nice nug in my other post
NSFW:
5028102233_b16573c9cd_z.jpg

and another glamor shot
NSFW:
5028729338_6ce12619c6_b.jpg

and the reveg and nice nug are in walmart shopping bags
NSFW:
5028154683_9a3312797f_z.jpg

Last edited:
NIICE!! WOW and I thought my temps were high at time..haha..crazy stuff, but hey, its working and they are lookin yummy.

Arob, those are fantastic pics.

You growers are very talented... It's a real pleasure to have experienced and educated growers here in CD. I hope you guys continue these logs, even though many don't post here, it's an amazing reference point.

I regret not checking in more often, there is a lot to learn here.

Would anyone like to volenteer for the next 2010-2011 mega thread's OP? The OP should contain basic growing information, definitions of commonly used words, etc, and point of the thread. I've got my hands full modding here right now and have a few nice (maybe) treats planned for the CD community in general. I'm also a bit busy adding and merging like crazy into our mega threads and CD directory - and some of you are miles ahead of me knowledge wise towards cultivation.

Anyone care to step up? Could post it here, or PM me the post. Also, if anyone would specifically like a few of their posts moved over to the new thread, you should PM me the post's link, rather than just the post number. It would save me a lot of time to do you guys a favor :)

Curious if I understand correctly
Are you wanting a new thread to pretty much answer questions asked in this thread and is specific and sums up this thread in a much shorter form than 34 pages? lol.

Does this thread get deleted after this new one is made? Or does it stay? Does the thread die On January 1, 2011? lol.
-confused a little-

Arob, nice shots and great grow bag idea, i use panda-plastic bags, but thats perfect!

it is basically a Smart Pot.. but with a bit of a handy cap, and handles or bundling ties i see.

ima try this.

Nice shots arob. I think I notice a bit of mold in the old revegged growth under all the mains, watch out for that I lost a whole crop due to the same shit :!

Im with prelude, could you go into a bit more detail on this next Mega thread Chainer? I'd look forward to sharing and gaining experience with other fellow CD growers :)

Here's a shot of my mates room, 6 X 1000 HPS, 6 trays with 16 clones to each. Hes growing a variety of 48 different strains, 2 of each.

IMG_0033.jpg

IMG_0037.jpg

A couple of my fav shots of outdoor's this year. The strain Hawaiian Snow
hsmegacrys.jpg

hsrealycryysss.jpg

hsleany.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.