• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Medicinal 3-MeO-PCP? daily low dose use?

Can somebody explain hypomania? Isn't mania like a good thing as opposed to depression and not wanting to do stuff?
My product is a white very small crystal like powder. Definately not cut.
Maybe you guys were taking other supplements that were affecting effects.
What other supplements do you guys take for depression and anxieties?

No, mania can lead to people getting so overexcited that they get themselves into a lot of trouble like debts from buying tons of shit off eBay etc. There is a difference between mania leading up to things that are disruptive like delusions of grandeur etc, or just being euphoric / amped. Hypomania describes a more benign form of this, so without the really harmful shit but still you can notice that it is "too good to be true" in a way? Maybe this feeling is clear immediately to some people, but perhaps in others it takes a little experience to notice.

No offense of course, and not aimed at you but ignorance in general about hypomania and mania can lead to problems. Mistaking dissociation and hypomania / mania for actual relief of depression independent of hypomanic type feelings or behavior is a risk. I keep warning from personal experience that I have serious doubts that 3-MeO-PCP is like ketamine's metabolites in being able to relieve depression though any dissociative can 'break the spell' by simply stopping rumination etc for a while. This is not necessarily the same as the neuroplastic effects associated with ketamine therapy.

3-MeO-PCP should be expected to be very similar to PCP which has been studied for quite some time already. Eventually if you abuse that you get depression, and while there is another dimension to dissociatives besides their euphoria or hypomania which stimulants can also produce, you should be wary about long term therapeutic effects. Just like nobody is beyond placebo effects, it is hard either way to predict whether there is any point to therapeutically taking 3-MeO-PCP as an anti-depressant based on personal experience.

My experience was that it works to feel more 'removed' from what is happening and have much less chatter in the head, and also positive feelings... but not any direct relief from depression per se, and I am worried about the risks of taking this for extensive periods of time. I can imagine the positive effects, especially the ones I got when I just started using it, can be considered impressive and very positive but it is healthy to test that with a bout of scepticism.

Euphoria is sometimes seen as one of the described side-effects of a pharmaceutical drug. This is sometimes laughed at, because isn't euphoria something healthy or something to look for rather than a side-effect?
Actually no: what is healthy is to feel shitty when something bad happens and feel good when something good happens etc, not to feel as good as possible per se. With depression there is an unhealthy (>> pathological) negative affect even when things aren't all that bad. There are plenty of reasons why a healthy stable neutral baseline is what you should aim for generally rather than to feel as good as possible - which may be a common problem among drug users?? by the way - . Occasional drug induced euphoria with a neutral (though optimistic) baseline is of course fine, but induced mania is already risky.

There exists something like congenital analgesia which causes people to feel no pain at all. These people generally don't live long because pain has a function and keeps you safe. On PCP / 3-MeO-PCP type drugs you can often get a serious analgesic [painkilling] effect. If you have taken a high dose and go on some quest disregarding the safety of your body, you can easily get hurt which is what happens often enough. I know this thread is about microdosing but it again illustrates the problem with dialing up the positivity and down the negativity and other feelings.

Last edited:
This is very interesting.

I find 3meopcp can easily slip in to my daily schedule, at say 3 to 5mg each night.
In this case i find it significantly easier to abstain from other daily habit like alcohol or caffeine.

Im sure the next day is impacted from my evening use, but i seem to easily deal with lifes challenges far more confidently and skillfully than when using caffeine, alcohol and whatever else i feel i need in coping.

Your likely correct, this isnt a long term and healthy solution to depression or anxiety... but it does help a lot along the way.

Perhaps true micro dosing may help, after all, but only the below statements seem to have been confirmed in research so far

the up effects are actually what mitigate the downs with 3meopcp
not the sub effective doses help minimize depression and anxiety.

5 mg is too large imo to take every day. Maybe try it for 2 weeks and quit and see how you feel?

Hello, I have found 3-MeO-PCP be an extraordinary antidepressent. I have pretty serious depression, ever since I was a kid. Multiple stays in hospitals, lots of suicidal ideation, psychologists, tried various SSRIs and other drugs, all to no effect. However, NMDA antagonists have been a lifesaver.

I've found that Ketamine, MXE, Ephenidine and 3-MeO-PCP all work well. However, I do not take them every day. I prefer to dose multiple times over about a week - about 1 decent sized dose per day, maybe 30mg orally. This would be a high dose for a beginner, but I have a tolerance, having used dissociatives for years. That seems to build the drug up in my system. Then, I don't take any for about three months. Around the end of this time period, my mood is slowly dropping, energy levels dropping, but I'm still functional. If I wait til 4 or 5 months with no dosing, I start getting suicidal ideation, and hating my life, although nothing externally has changed. Once I dose on 3-MeO-PCP again, my mood rapidly improves over a few days, and I'm good again.

That's my present experience. Since the minimum quantity I can acquire is 1g, I usually flush about half of it as soon as it arrives. The rest of it, I administer orally over about a week, and usually share some with my friends. The trip itself can be pretty fun, but also has hard moments. Mainly I am interested in the antidepressent after effects. I haven't tried microdosing, but it might be worth it.

By the way, years ago with MXE I took it every day for a month and ended up having a manic episode which lasted a couple months. Ended up in the psych ward - no fun. If you start to get mania from NMDA antagonist use, you must SLEEP. Sleep brings down the mania. Force yourself to sleep, or at least lay still in the dark. Eat a lot of food, and do a lot of exercise, and of course, STOP TAKING the dissociatives. Since my manic episode, I've had a few times where I definitely went into hypomania and came close to mania, but because I recognised the signs, I was able to stop taking the drug, force myself to sleep, and the mania slowly subsided. Hypomania is pretty nice to be honest, you can get a lot done, make a lot of friends, share positive energy with many people. However, straight up mania is a nightmare. You'll think you're famous, you'll think you have infinite money and act accordingly, you'll try to seduce every woman you see on the subway (and succeed with a few, but it's not worth it). Also, when you're hypomanic slash manic, EVERY IDEA will seem like a good idea, and you will not hesitate to act on it. NMDA antagonists are powerful mood modulators which shift your mood towards the manic end of the spectrum with every dose. They don't always do this instantly, sometimes it can take a few days. If you start getting too manic, stop taking the drug, force yourself to sleep, with benzos and first generation antihistamines if neccessary.

I'd say around max 10 mg per day unless you have huge disso tolerance. It's a very potent substance and you may get results from even less And I would avoid drinking while doing that (both substances reinforce each other and aren't memory friendly), stims (especially the ones that provoke mania) and anything but the tiniest benzo doses (talking 2 mg diazepam level here) since they seem to prevent potential disso neurotoxicity.

I've been trying this in combination with 4-ho-met. Daily 1mg of both(has been 4 days or so). Can't say it is entirely sub-perceptual as I do feel the effects, which takes some getting used to(tolerance buildup should help there). Bit early to make conclusions, but honestly the results have been amazing so far. No hypomania to speak of and it picks me right up whenever I'm feeling melancholic. It is like a weight is lifted off my shoulders(no longer overly self-conscious) and I'm able to express myself freely. I'm not held back by irrational doubt or social anxiety. Will be trying this for a week or 2 and see what happens. Will report back.

If you start getting too manic, stop taking the drug, force yourself to sleep, with benzos and first generation antihistamines if neccessary.

Just for the record, not every combination of dissociatives and 1st gen antihistamines / benzos is safe. Lormetazepam + MXE cost me studio equipment, and I had to medicate eye pressure back to normal after DPH + EPE.

CBD oil should do the trick.