• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Medical Marjuana becoming legal 9/6/16 in Ohio. Need pain reliver for 3 bulging disks

Speed King

Bluelighter
In Ohio, under 100g is a ticket and max. $150 fine. Now that medical marijuana is entering the picture and getting fucked with by pain management is ending for me, I desire marijuana that will help severe pain from three lower bulging disks, saitica and fibromyalgia to name a few.

I have to make more phone calls to both local, national Norml organizations and the state to get more clarity on just what I can expect or do when the day finally happens. I may legally be able to go over to Michigan and bring good items back, but lets say no. Who would reccomend what?

I realize that may have been all over. Any general recommendations on types of Marijuana for pain?

I realize that may have been all over. Any general recommendations on types of Marijuana for pain?

For the symptoms you describe, I'd try a strong Indica or something with a high CBD level. If you find the Indica too sedating, you can mix the Indica with the CBD MJ.

At the moment I'm using an Afghani x Haze cross @7% THC/9% CBD mixed with a 20% THC Indica.

That's what is working for me for the arthritis.

Tom

Harlequin is a popular strain for managing pain but keeping a pretty clear head (due to the lower THC percentage and high CBD)

i did'nt know the ballot passed im from ohio. will we be able to grow? that didn't stop me anyway just harvested about 3/4 of lb of a beautiful plant i grew in my backyard (privacy fence!!!! legalize already

You're used to high-THC so you'll probably need more than if you were starting fresh.

Depending on how many plants you're allowed, I'd say a mixture of like 50% Indica (Afghan, OG, Bubba, Purple, etc..), 20% Sativa (Haze, Hawaiian, Blue Dream, etc), and 30% CBD (check out CBD Crew for CBD Critical Mass, or a few other companies have CBD seeds now).

:) Hey SK...Have you done the Ketamine treatments yet? I'm interested to see how that works for you.

You know my pain story. I can't take pain meds on a regular basis because they paralyze my bowels. I'm trying to experiment with MMJ, but our stories are different I think. I have little to no experience or tolerance with opiates, so I'm starting slow and low.

I need simpler access, though I am beyond grateful for my friend's generosity. He's stopped chemo, gone full-on MMJ vaping for escape. His wife has joined him. Why the hell not? He's dying. She's losing her husband and lifelong best friend. They have no children and no family support.

Still finding that my results are not what I hoped for. I've only tried a couple of strains, as I MUST not feel sedated unless it's bedtime. I'm looking for a strain that might improve my despair at this point. Then I can better cope with the pain.

I'm still working full time and responsible for SO many of my family's "senior peeps". I can't shun responsibility because I'm stoned out of my gourd. I need a strain that produces energy, focus, mood lift. My health will never get better. I would have hit the exit a long time ago, but too many would be left behind...needing my HELP to survive their twilight years. Love my senior peeps!

Good luck with the Ketamine and the MMJ. IF I were to find a strain that helps me...My husband will purchase seeds and grow some for me. He grew a couple of plants back in college, so it's worth a shot.

No DC, my ketamine treatment is not until I believe the 29 of August.
I am sure there is a strain out there that will help you. There are just that many strains.

Last edited:
i did'nt know the ballot passed im from ohio. will we be able to grow? that didn't stop me anyway just harvested about 3/4 of lb of a beautiful plant i grew in my backyard (privacy fence!!!! legalize already
A more liberal law would have easily passed in Ohio. Gov. Kasich hurried up and passed a decent law. No growing, no joints, but vaping, edibles that are not attractive to kids and tinictures are legal. Herb is legal, but only vaped and eaten. I talked to a guy who runs the biggest grass roots deal in the state and he said he's happy he got 8 out of 10 things he wanted on the bill. The more I learn, the more I'll post.

does MJ really help you with your herniated discs? I had a herniated disc (now since repaired with surgery)....and pain lasting for years, sometimes fully incapacitating for months at a time. MJ always made the pain worse.

i wouldn't hold your breath on PM not expelling you for MJ just because a state makes it legal. a doc may just not consider the risk of giving someone opioids that smokes weed because they will think they enjoy drugs. Its like even though you are crippled you are not allowed to even be depressed about it (that scares the PMs) let alone smoke weed...which many people still think leads to harder drugs

lyrica + opioids worked the best.....walking helped a lot also.....but sometimes made it worse but overall it helped more than any drugs did (this was after surgery where I still had horrible pain for 8 months after surgery that eventually vanished)

Different strains effect different people differently.

Try the available genetics, and see if any of them help with your condition.

Lucid, I had what I believe were sativa based, Michigan edibles. They were dank as fuck. A two inch square piece kept me happy and pain free for 12 hours. I had a total of 24 pieces. They were like rice crispie treats. No prices, but cheap. They smelled like a Grateful Dead concert, lol. Super clean also.

Ive also had Indica based brownies or maybe mix breed. They put me in the comfort zone. That's all I can say. I'll simply give each type a try.

A more liberal law would have easily passed in Ohio. Gov. Kasich hurried up and passed a decent law. No growing, no joints, but vaping, edibles that are not attractive to kids and tinictures are legal. Herb is legal, but only vaped and eaten. I talked to a guy who runs the biggest grass roots deal in the state and he said he's happy he got 8 out of 10 things he wanted on the bill. The more I learn, the more I'll post.
but in practice, how would they control if the patients / users don't smoke it anyway? it's not like there is any difference, if you can sell marijuana.

For the symptoms you describe, I'd try a strong Indica or something with a high CBD level. If you find the Indica too sedating, you can mix the Indica with the CBD MJ.

At the moment I'm using an Afghani x Haze cross @7% THC/9% CBD mixed with a 20% THC Indica.

That's what is working for me for the arthritis.

Tom

Hashplant comes from similar lineage IIRC and i remember that having pretty powerful muscle relaxant property, not sure if that's the sort of effect that would help bulging discs but in general i know people with other musculoskeletal issues that find muscle relaxant drugs to be most helpful

but in practice, how would they control if the patients / users don't smoke it anyway? it's not like there is any difference, if you can sell marijuana.
the law is backward as fuck. It won't be full tilt boogie till 2017/18. There is a chance that you can go, with a doctor's recommendation to states that recognize other states medical cards and buy a 90 day supply( probably Michigan , but PA also) and hints at a huge grey area. The state said that when the state finally supplies its own, no more out of state purchases. They know there is a huge supply in Ohio. If they said openly smoke weed tomorrow, it would come out of the woodwork. That's all I know.

Just thought I'd throw this out there. I had a hip replacement that was causing me some pain. I also have a bit of arthritis in a few joints. I tried CBD oil from industrial hemp. It's legal in all 50 states because it has less that 0.3% THC. It's been really effective for me. It completely eliminated the hip pain. I'm using Charlottes Web strain. It might be worth a try.