• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Medical Marijuana for Pets

What is a non active tincture? Some other herb? Or are you saying a CBD tincture? I'm not going to start experimenting when we know weed works so damn well.

Jibult, when I say plays like a kitten I basically mean he doesn't moan in pain and try to lay down all day.

I feel that if your animal is coming toward you and actively trying to get 'high' then no harm no foul. My pug use to really love it and it didn't seem to effect him negatively.

Jibult, when I say plays like a kitten I basically mean he doesn't moan in pain and try to lay down all day.

Oh, I get it, I definitely do. I'm just trying to help you keep in mind potential cons that go hand-in-hand with the pros you've witnessed.

So just an update. Shadow is doing really well, he's been eating more, purring more, moving around more, and smoking more. I think he understands what is too much, cause when we smoke he comes up and if we don't blow it in his face or let him breathe straight from the bowl/joint he will meow at us until we do. Sometimes he breathes in a lot, sometimes not much. I swear, he's a new cat. Just the fact that he can jump up onto a couch now is fucking awesome. His owner read this thread and honestly doesn't feel like experimenting cause it works so damn well that there is no reason to experiment. It's also a point of no turning back... he's not going to get shadow to stop smoking one way or another.

It's also a point of no turning back... he's not going to get shadow to stop smoking one way or another.

SAVAGE! You've hooked the cat on weed, man... Kind of like Steve French on Trailer Park Boys.

Lol, I say good for Shadow. Whatever works for his situation.

I wonder if this will extend his life. There is no way to do a controlled study, but the way he acts now, he seems 10 years younger. My other friend has 2 13yo cats and they seem way more fucked up than shadow, now at least.

I wonder if extend his life. There is no way to do a controlled study, but the way he acts now, he seems 10 years younger. My other friend has 2 13yo cats and they seem way more fucked up than shadow, now at least.
Extend life? No Cannabis does not extend life in any organism. It could very well decrease it by smoke inhalation rather than edibles.

My almost 2 year old female pitbull Christine is around us smoking all the time. She doesn't come wanting it but I tend to give her a hit or 2 through the ears and nose from time to time. She always moves mid hit as if that's all she can take. I know my dog and she can look at me a way and tell me she's not liking something. In which case I leave her be. Your animal is your animal, do what you please if you feel it helps! Just don't do too much as you could hurt instead of heal.

He's 23 yo, we're talking extending it by months. He is not long for this world.

I think it'll moreso improve her quality of life than it will increase her life expectancy. At the most, the effect on how long she lives will be indirect. Seems like just feeling good can help the sick and elderly to keep that motivation to push on to the next day. It's easy to develop a defeatist attitude when you feel like your inches away from death most days.

It will make his life more bearable not longer mate. Good for him tho it's great to hear cannabis helping more than just humans. Another reason to legalize!

What a 23-year-old cat really needs is regular subcutaneous fluids, not smoke. It's not hard to give a friendly cat fluids and it will make his final days much more comfortable. Please tell your friend to take him to a vet if he hasn't yet.

let the cat do what he wants he's obviously old enough to choose for himself.

seriously though, I don't see the ill logic in applying the same principals of MMJ with humans to animals. As far as I know vets use much crazier drugs when compared with weed. seems like it could have some use in post surgery recovery such as being 'fixed'.

A lot of pet owners like to get their pets high and it is cruel to do so, but if the cat wants to get high I would suggest documenting evidence that it is the cat and not the owner that wants to do so.