• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA Recovery (Stories & Support - 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree and have realized that most of the symptoms that Ltc sufferers on this site speak of sound more correlated with nerve damage than brain damage
I agree, although it could be peripheral nervous system dysfunction rather than outright damage.

Btw, I tried Lamictal at 5 mg again just to see what would happen now that I am on Testosterone.

And I did *not* get the apathy type side effect. Nothing seemed to happen.

So it seems like hormones can definitely modulate response to exogenous drugs/meds/etc.

I don't want to add too many things at once so I won't be using Lamictal right now but just something I noticed.

Hey everyone,

It's been a couple months since I've visited here. Thought I'd check in and give you guys an update about how I've been.

When I was I was last on here I was considering getting off of the 75mg of lamictal cause I felt like it wasn't helping me anymore. That's not to say it didn't help but everything after 25mg didn't improve my mental health noticeably more than the initial dose. I slowly stopped taking the lamictal well over a month ago and have felt completely fine.

I'd say my DP is completely gone now along with my generalized anxiety and depression. I rarely ever sit and dwell on what I've been through and the fear of never recovering no longer haunts my every thought like it used to. That's not to say I'm completely recovered though. My short term memory is still leagues below what it used to be but lately it's been feeling much better. I got into investing in crypocurrencies and the excitement from the possibilities of that have sparked my passion for learning again. I've been throwing BBQ's and swim parties at my place and been truly enjoying myself and the company of my friends. I still lack motivation to exercise and whatnot but I feel like that will be changing soon too.

I got out of a 3 year relationship with my girlfriend around a month ago and I truly felt sad about it. In fact I feel a longing for her or that time we had together which is something I didn't have after all of this bullshit started. The LTC definitely lead to us breaking up. I feel much more in tune with my emotions now which is something I never thought I'd say.

I'm gonna wrap it up here and I just want to say that you guys need to hang in there cause it will get better! I barely believed it myself in the beginning but it's like a gradual shift to feeling normal again. There wasn't any one "Aha!" moment for me. I just stopped one day and realized how far I've come and how far I know I can go. I wish you all the best! I'll check in here for the next few day so feel free to ask me any questions that come to mind.

Got another brain zap upon falling asleep last night. They only happen right before I'm about to fall asleep, and only if I do things I'm not supposed to....like eat a lot of garlic....drink a beer...etc. Many people who've taken too much MDMA report this, even a friend of mine. It's some sort of signaling issue with the serotonin system....I don't see why it be related to nerves... especially when it goes away for most people a week or so after their last MDMA binge. Nerve issues don't resolve that quickly...right?

Also Cotcha yes it's basically a bunch of debris in my eye....I get after images that last a couple minutes if I look at the sun...but I think that happens to normal people. In the beginning I was ridiculously sensitive to bright light though.....going outside hurt bad. That's basically gone.

My hyperacusis is real annoying too....this was soooo bad in the beginning....but I still have it.

And to those who suffer tingling.....I still have this slightly on the left side of my face and scalp....it was so bad in the beginning my lip would curl....it gets better.

Hyperacusis as a result of serotonin issues:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7499940

Honestly the above makes sense.....as I had bad hyperacusis for a few days after the initial OD....the it went away...then came back again after each of the two relapses.....it may be hard to 'prove' but I know it's related.

SSRIs may help Tinnitus....as certain types of tinnitus are a result of lows serotonin.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pbs.org/newshour/amp/updates/science-july-dec13-tinnitus_11-06

Got another brain zap upon falling asleep last night. They only happen right before I'm about to fall asleep, and only if I do things I'm not supposed to....like eat a lot of garlic....drink a beer...etc. Many people who've taken too much MDMA report this, even a friend of mine. It's some sort of signaling issue with the serotonin system....I don't see why it be related to nerves... especially when it goes away for most people a week or so after their last MDMA binge. Nerve issues don't resolve that quickly...right?

Also Cotcha yes it's basically a bunch of debris in my eye....I get after images that last a couple minutes if I look at the sun...but I think that happens to normal people. In the beginning I was ridiculously sensitive to bright light though.....going outside hurt bad. That's basically gone.

My hyperacusis is real annoying too....this was soooo bad in the beginning....but I still have it.

And to those who suffer tingling.....I still have this slightly on the left side of my face and scalp....it was so bad in the beginning my lip would curl....it gets better.

Adubbs, I used to get the brain zap - it always reminded me of a fire cracker going off inside a plastic bag right next to my ear. Don't know if its the same for you?

Adubbs, I used to get the brain zap - it always reminded me of a fire cracker going off inside a plastic bag right next to my ear. Don't know if its the same for you?

Yeah in the beginning it was like a shot gun blast going off and my whole body would seize with a bright flash of light. Made sleep impossible. Now it's like a small electric shock with a slight body twitch.... Not nearly as bad.

https://www.integrativepsychiatry.net/seritonin-and-seritonin-deficiency.html

Found out a lot by simply pin pointing what I was feeling so many others might have minor issues until the serotonin in your GI recovers, after eating differently and taking Prozac several things have gone and only minor things remain. It's scary to thing of permanent damage but a lot of people have gone threw it and it's not an over the night recovery deal. It can and will take time.

My only concerns at this point is why when I digest small amounts of sugar after MDMA I started having intolerance to sugary things. I know it stresses out your GI track but any form of sugar I tend to eat make me dizzy and gives me palpitations. Has anyone had such things as a LTC type deal after stopping MDMA?

^Sounds like you may have some reactive hypoglycemia or something, doctors are good with blood sugar type stuff so I would go ask them about it

I don't see why it be related to nerves... especially when it goes away for most people a week or so after their last MDMA binge. Nerve issues don't resolve that quickly...right?
The cranial nerves seem finicky. We do at least know that brain zaps are a phenomenon of the peripheral nerves though, they've even hooked people up to EEG while they're experiencing brain zaps and confirmed there isn't any epileptic brain activity or anything like that.

You had mixed in amphetamine right? I remember a few months ago talking to someone in another forum who had brain zaps from solely amphetamine.

I used to have tingling over one side of my scalp for a while (in addition to other crap), it would come and go but it went away forever after I had the back of my neck/head worked on in physical therapy (in the occipital region where all the cranial nerves are).

I think there are a couple other lines of reasoning that suggest the primary issue is in the cranial nerves themselves rather than the brain region that receives the cranial nerve's input, but as a secondary fallout the cranial nerves could be providing faulty input to these important brain regions, throwing the brain off and causing a lot of the cognitive/mood/sensory symptoms that we see.

https://www.integrativepsychiatry.net/seritonin-and-seritonin-deficiency.html

Found out a lot by simply pin pointing what I was feeling so many others might have minor issues until the serotonin in your GI recovers, after eating differently and taking Prozac several things have gone and only minor things remain. It's scary to thing of permanent damage but a lot of people have gone threw it and it's not an over the night recovery deal. It can and will take time.

Do you mean the serotonin depletion in the GI is possibly responsible for LTC?

It's very possible, after briefly starting on Prozac which was a SSRI (Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors) and looking up several thread along with what my personal experience is and currently at I wouldn't doubt it. Not to mention my immune system is crap compared to before this whole spiral. People think Serotonin starts in your brain but is actually constructed in your GI track, why do you think when people undergo LTC they tell you to eat healthy and to stay away from things that can be toxic to your digestive system such as sugar or processed food. Ever since I changed my diet and got on SSRI things have progressed from what they where 2 months ago, but is all a case by case basis I'd have to think. Many have different things going on with them but Serotonin does play a huge factor on what you may feel and what you may have going on.

It's very possible, after briefly starting on Prozac which was a SSRI (Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors) and looking up several thread along with what my personal experience is and currently at I wouldn't doubt it. Not to mention my immune system is crap compared to before this whole spiral. People think Serotonin starts in your brain but is actually constructed in your GI track, why do you think when people undergo LTC they tell you to eat healthy and to stay away from things that can be toxic to your digestive system such as sugar or processed food. Ever since I changed my diet and got on SSRI things have progressed from what they where 2 months ago, but is all a case by case basis I'd have to think. Many have different things going on with them but Serotonin does play a huge factor on what you may feel and what you may have going on.
Glad to hear you're progressing! Sugar never really affected me....in fact I had a large sundae today and didn't feel any different lol.

@Cotcha....during the EEG did they test the types of brain Zaps that occur only when about to fall asleep? Or the type that occur at all times throughout the day?

Yes I mixed in Adderall.....:-(
No worries, I did too, and I'm sure many people took substances that were essentially amphetamines. I definitely wouldn't assume a bleak outlook for that reason. But I thought it was interesting that someone managed to get brain zaps and other head sensations like people with LTCs from purely adderall because adderall really doesn't implicate serotonin.

I cannot imagine a one off usage of Adderall at a normal dose leading to an LTC o_O

I've heard of people having a comedown the next day but never ever heard of this LTC type stuff except in the case of abuse.

Like somebody said earlier, I haven't even heard of LTC type phenomenon with even cocaine or methamphetamine alone and one off usage. Maybe its possible but it really seems like there is something about MDMA in particular which causes this stuff. Correct me if I am wrong though.

Amphetamine/Adderall abuse I know has similar symptoms to an LTC but that is abuse and not just 'use'.

It seems like even one off usage can throw the neuroendocrine/immune systems for a loop.

And I don't think 'short' serotonin transporter explains it completely either. Turns out in Asia, on average, the short serotonin variant seems to be more common.

Serotonin depletion is also acute but there are some people with a *delayed* LTC and that is another reason serotonin depletion does not account for everything.

@cotcha

What do you think of this--Steroid Hormones need to exert their actions in the nucleus of the cell and then they modulate gene expression I believe so it seems like neurosteroid or hormone issues however can manifest in a delayed manner.

What do you think of this--Steroid Hormones need to exert their actions in the nucleus of the cell and then they modulate gene expression I believe so it seems like neurosteroid or hormone issues however can manifest in a delayed manner.

Some stress related genetic changes occur when the glucocorticoid and mineralcorticoid receptors essentially join together and get transported to the cell's nucleus, depending upon how long the new proteins take to be synthesized in the cell body and then transported out to distant parts of the cell, there could be a delayed response. As an example, in some cases slow axonal transportation is a few millimeters per day. But I'm not too familiar with how long different proteins/cell parts take to get transported via different methods.

There are some early genes and late genes in these matters, so it certainly could be the case that genes are transcribed around the time of the use which then make proteins that don't actually change brain function until they are incorporated into the cell.

The other scenario is that the stress related and receptor activation related gene transcription halts the production of proteins, which has different implications for timelines.

Yeah in the beginning it was like a shot gun blast going off and my whole body would seize with a bright flash of light. Made sleep impossible. Now it's like a small electric shock with a slight body twitch.... Not nearly as bad.

I never saw a flash of light but I have also experienced seeing spiders running along my wall in the dark and switching on the light and realising it was just a shadow that had transformed into a spider, this happened a few days afterwards but eventually came right

Status
Not open for further replies.