• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA Recovery (Stories & Support - 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Budal! Glad to hear you're doing so well. Can you tell us more about the medications - if they might have played a role in your recovery? If you recovered sometime after being on those meds for a long time then it is possible that they played a role, even if you did not recover while still on the medications and there was a gap between when you stopped the meds and recovered. Although I am a big advocate of doing whatever we can consciously (mindfulness, anti-rumination techniques) to recover as well, I just think that some people may need to approach the problem from more than one angle if one angle isn't cutting it.

Fare well :)

Hey Cotcha :D Guys this is one of the people who helped me when I was really bad, he has great advice.

I totally agree with you when you say that people may need to approach the problem from more than one angle, I myself approached dozens of those.

Running, writing, meditating, working out, medications, dozens of supplements, health food, more medications, yoga, religions, almost contemplate using other drugs but never did it, brain supplements like piracetam, I basically tried everything. I just would not give up without trying everything. That's what I used to say to myself in the worst days, when I tought about end it all. I would just give up after trying everything, and when I say everything, is that I was analising the possibility of going to Amazonia (I live in Brazil) trying to live with an indigenous tribe with only the things that nature gives, and not give up before trying it.

In the end I believe that each of those things were a part of my recovery, some more, some less, some producing chemical changes, other knowledge, some scars.

I Think Lexapro (SSRI) had a very important role in reducing intrusive and obcessive thoughts, earworms, tremors and palpitations. It brought almost none negative side effects. Before taking it, due to the extreme level of stress and anxiety I couldn't even lift my buddy, had no libido, and then when I started taking it I was able to have sex, I began to feel the world and my life better, and went of depersonalization. But I'm sure that it's contribution was only like 40%. The most important were my notebooks, I could write and understand everything about my condition, I could unload my negative thoughts and create a timeline of my life, a clear material for me to understand things i needed to understand.

As I said earlier, the first time I got out of depersonalization for a moment was the day I wrote my first 20 pages in 20 minutes. After that my mind was completely clean for some hours, without anxiety, without thought, without earworms, no worries . No supplement did any difference. I tried more than 20.

One thing that may seem strange, but since 16 years I smoked marijuana and drank alcohol almost every week, and after my LTC happened I abruptly stopped with these two substances. After performing some experiments with alcohol during the LTC somehow i was able to forget a little about all this. I'm not making apology to alcohol, just saying that in my case, before it all happened I was used to having exhaust valves to forget my problems, and when LTC happened had to deal with everything at once crude and sober. It may not be appropriate to stop alcohol once, but do it gradually.

That's great to hear that SSRIs helped you. I think I've heard a fair amount of reports that SSRIs can help, especially with obsessive/ruminating thoughts and such. Did you experience any withdrawal?

The writing things down thing sounds like what they teach in cognitive behavioral therapy for insomnia (CBTi), if you're being kept awake by any specific thoughts or worries you're supposed to get up and write them down and then try to let them go. I guess at least people get to write a bit here. Hopefully the letting go part happens at least a bit as well.

Does this feeling get worse before it gets better? I went a few weeks and felt completely normal.... sleeping.. eating.. no anxiety... tonight I feel like I'm back in the beginning and I'm terrified to think it's going to stay this way. I can't stop crying.. my heart is racing.. I'm constantly shaking... I just feel lost... lost in everything.. this week should've been the best of my life and all I can do is cry and hate myself for screwing up and taking molly those 3 nights. Those normal weeks I was able to do everything I used to.. I drank a cup of coffee just to test myself... no side effects... I had a beer at dinner.. nothing bad happened... I haven't even done either of those things lately and I'm just as terrified as I was a couple of months ago. I hate not being able to control this or fix it or explain it.... it just sneaks up and attacks and I almost wish I had something physically wrong that I could fix right now instead of my brain that just decides to go crazy whenever it feels like it... this is just a mess that I've gotten myself in

Does this feeling get worse before it gets better? I went a few weeks and felt completely normal.... sleeping.. eating.. no anxiety... tonight I feel like I'm back in the beginning and I'm terrified to think it's going to stay this way. I can't stop crying.. my heart is racing.. I'm constantly shaking... I just feel lost... lost in everything.. this week should've been the best of my life and all I can do is cry and hate myself for screwing up and taking molly those 3 nights. Those normal weeks I was able to do everything I used to.. I drank a cup of coffee just to test myself... no side effects... I had a beer at dinner.. nothing bad happened... I haven't even done either of those things lately and I'm just as terrified as I was a couple of months ago. I hate not being able to control this or fix it or explain it.... it just sneaks up and attacks and I almost wish I had something physically wrong that I could fix right now instead of my brain that just decides to go crazy whenever it feels like it... this is just a mess that I've gotten myself in
Hey, this happened to me recently and it absolutely terrified me.. But as time goes on these episodes have longer times of (somewhat) normal between them, and they're easier to recover from when they do happen. I can completely relate to wishing that there was something physically wrong, this really does drive me insane sometimes... But I'm only approaching the 2 month mark myself. I completely understand how hard it is to believe that these issues are just going to resolve themselves but as so many people have said, it can take a lot longer than 2 months, but just always remember that it is so, so worth the wait, even though it's hard to see right now. I know it's grueling but you owe it to yourself to wait it out. You will thank yourself in the future. Try to avoid all caffeine/alcohol/drugs completely until you're feeling 100% for at least a few months, then very slowly introduce it back in. Always address and dispute your anxiety-ridden thoughts, this will help you recognize the irrationality of them, and eventually this will help them dissipate. Getting past this requires serious, constant effort. Always ask yourself what else you could be doing to improve your fight against this. Just remember how many people have been through this and hit such extreme lows, and now they're helping people like us because they know that 100% recovery is possible. Hang in there.

Does anynone on here feel like the healing process just seems to go in circles ?? So first you're at your worst with the symptoms, it starts to get better very gradually, you then feel great cos it finally seems so much better compared to before but then it suddenly flares up, gets worse and you feel like you're back at stage one again....it's so frustrating and feels endless !!! Please share your thoughts or experience. Cheers

I get the fluctuating symptoms too. Thats why I am wondering if there is some biological stuff, not necessarily permanant damage, but just alterations that cause it to happen.

Does anynone on here feel like the healing process just seems to go in circles ?? So first you're at your worst with the symptoms, it starts to get better very gradually, you then feel great cos it finally seems so much better compared to before but then it suddenly flares up, gets worse and you feel like you're back at stage one again....it's so frustrating and feels endless !!! Please share your thoughts or experience. Cheers
I feel this way, absolutely:/ how long have you been dealing with this?

Has anyone here experienced an inability to connect with their passionate feelings towards something/someone? Like I can act caring/animated while talking to someone and feel it very superficially, but it doesn't resonate with me at all like it used to. I can't connect at all with deeper meanings to emotions or know them. This is incredibly distressing to me. Has anyone experienced this, and recovered from it?? Please let me know... :(

That's great to hear that SSRIs helped you. I think I've heard a fair amount of reports that SSRIs can help, especially with obsessive/ruminating thoughts and such. Did you experience any withdrawal?

The writing things down thing sounds like what they teach in cognitive behavioral therapy for insomnia (CBTi), if you're being kept awake by any specific thoughts or worries you're supposed to get up and write them down and then try to let them go. I guess at least people get to write a bit here. Hopefully the letting go part happens at least a bit as well.

Well, I decided to stop taking SSRI by my own but I did it safely, slowly decreased of 20 mg to 15, 15 to 10, 10 to 5, 5 to 0 for a few days, then returned with 5 for a few weeks and then stopped completely. Only withdrawal effect was brain zapp, feelings of shocks in whole body, especially when i moved my eyes.

It's normal i guess, it almosts prooves that what you have now is pure anxiety, you got better and then returned to feeling bad, why? Because of your intrusive thoughts, if you ignore or fight then you will eventually get better again. . Once, about two months after I started taking lexapro I was feeling very well, so well that I began to think: "My God, what if I start getting bad again?" And that thought settled in and stayed, and I was really sick again for another 2 weeks. Eventually I got better again, and sometimes the thought returned, but those times I ignored simply didnt given attention, I was tired of feeling bad, so the thought was gone.

I still have anxiety today, and principles of panic attacks, but I deal with it like a warrior, I don't fear it anymore, and I can control my mind even when i smoke weed. In fact, i smoke weed daily again now and it's very good for me, helped a lot with ssri withdrawal, totally stoped brain zaps.

I feel this way, absolutely:/ how long have you been dealing with this?

So I've been having long term brain zaps for 1 year and 3 months... I've been keeping a diary of it since December and seems to just go in circles every 4 months, I feel like the healing process is getting better but just taking forever and has a flare up peroid every month or so. What about you ?

Has anyone here experienced an inability to connect with their passionate feelings towards something/someone? Like I can act caring/animated while talking to someone and feel it very superficially, but it doesn't resonate with me at all like it used to. I can't connect at all with deeper meanings to emotions or know them. This is incredibly distressing to me. Has anyone experienced this, and recovered from it?? Please let me know... :(

Yes, I feel like when I speak I am not connected to the words somehow.

Anyone have any info about how a positive drug experience can result in an "ego death" full of suffering? I'm starting to think that this is a large part of what I'm struggling with. Complete loss of self/ability to be "distracted" by life/connect with my emotions

I have that too but I think it falls under the umbrella of DP/DR. I am disconnected from myself and the environment. These seem to be symptoms of it.

Anyone have any info about how a positive drug experience can result in an "ego death" full of suffering? I'm starting to think that this is a large part of what I'm struggling with. Complete loss of self/ability to be "distracted" by life/connect with my emotions

No medications can help with that, but thinking can. I myself had a lot of problems with my ego and was able to almost completely destroy it just by writing in a notebook. I'm cured today so one more time I reinforcement that you guys have to WRITE, that's what cured me, it's terapy but the the psychologist is you, who better than you to understand YOUR problems.

It seems to me that people here just listen to what they wanna listen, ignoring advice from people who have gone through everything you went through and are better now. Stop focusing on brain damage, stop searching miraculous supplements, buy a notebook and write all day about what youre feeling, why you are feeling, know yourselves. It Maybe not be the cure but it sure will help a lot.

It's normal man, relax because you will get better and return to normal. It happens just because you have extremely high levels of stress hormones in your body now and you're to focused on your LTC, you are probably thinking about it 24/7, that's why you can't feel normal, because you're to obcessive with your condition, not because your brain lost the capacity to have then. Once your obsession decrease, your feelings will return to normal. To make the obsession decrease, start writing.

In fact, Everyone here who are very bad, what is stopping you from buying a notebook and write about your emoticons and conditions? Not write something to be read, just literally dump what's in your head in the notebook. SCIENTIFICALLY PROVEN that by doing this you decrease the function of the amygdala which produces almost all of the symptoms of anxiety and activates the hippocampus, responsible for short term memory. After writing you will feel the feeling of clean mind, and then yes, with a clear mind, your feelings and functions should return to normal. SSRI also helps because it is believed that it promotes the expansion of the hippocampus through neuroplasticity and decreases the function of the amygdala. So please, if didn't tried it yet, try it.

But i realized that if you've found that your ego is influencing your current condition, you are on the right track. It was exactly what cured me. The thing about the ego in LTC is that you are thinking of yourself almost all the time, right? This is an undeniable FACT about everyone in this thread. When we are in this condition, we obsessively think about ourselves ALL THE TIME. We think we're going crazy, we think that people are looking at us on the street, we think that people are noticing that we don't have emotions, we think we will never heal, we think we will never be the same, we believe that we will die. Do you realize how egocentric we are in the LTC? Your EGO is your obsession; From the moment you abandon it you start thinking less about yourself and from this moment, you can live without thinking all the time. I will specify better what I did to help you because I feel it is my duty. When it all started I was an extremely egocentric person. Even before the LTC I was always thinking that people were looking at me when I was in the street, and I lived to influence others. After the LTC this further worsened, in fact, people with depersonalization are addicted to influence others, this is why they can not live a normal life, and that's ego. As your ego was built, even if it's completely differente to mine and have different reasons, you can decrease it the same way. IN MY CASE for example, this was the main reason for my low libido and erectile dysfunction, I could not have positive sex because I was thinking about satisfying my partner all the time (addicted to influence others), which is completely wrong because sex is a time when you should not think, should only live, so it's impossible to make a positive sex if you are thinking obsessively about something. When I started writing I wondered why that? And then I sought the answer to this question and wrote. Eventually I discovered that this was related to my childhood, my relationship with my mother. I was addicted to influence my mother because she had problems of depression and when she was ill I thought it was my fault. But again, your life may have been completely different and have taken you to something similar, from the moment you understand your ego you can finish him. After I realized that mine was totally because of my childhood, I had a two-hour conversation with my mother where I cried like a child, and poured a lot of anger that was stored for decades. I told her crying "its not my fault that you're depressed, the fault is not mine," and she smiled and hugged me and said, I know. You see? During all these decades, deep in my conscience I believed that I was responsible for the ups and downs of the people around me, and I was addicted to influence it, and from the moment I talked to my mom about it all greatly improved. ALL THIS was triggered by the texts I wrote in my notebook. I would NEVER think that what I felt was actually strongly related to my childhood. I was SO FOCUSED brain damage, medications, supplements that would never consider it. That is why I insist so much on writing :) ; I hope you have been able to understand my advise cuz I am Brazilian and my English is not the best haha. Try to write, along with all the other things that you're trying, and then tell me the result.

This is awesome man. I relate to a lot of this. I have always wanted everyone to like me. For me now, I always think people in the street are looking at me and thinking I'm weird of f'd up.

See I don't think I have any childhood wounds or whatever to get through but I still feel depressed. Not much anxiety but more depression. So im not sure and I don't think everyone here necessarily has things in their life which are a cause of this. I don't have any history of mood disorders whatsoever and my life was completely fine before.

So what exactly explains the transition for me into this state? Well not brain damage but certainly some biological changes that occured and are now creating the symptoms. And now I have to reverse whatever changes have occured in the brain and then I will revert to normal. Thats the way I see it for me. To each his own though.

At the end of the day whatever works for you is the best way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.