• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA Recovery (Stories & Support - 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so done with this ltc. This has to be damage. I have symptoms of ptsd ocd severe social anxiety which never happened before. I'm sorry to say this I wish I was a meth head I bet I would if recovered already. They should rank this fucking drug as most dangerous as in terms or damage. Hero in and all other hard shit might kill you when you overdose but you can largely recover from them. I fully recovered from a opiate addiction before i tried mdmaand got fucked for 26 months. I have what I think is hppd at night with weird lighting weird anxiety around people. Extremely non functional. Driving at night is like I'm in another world. I'm not sure what i should do pm me guys who have recovered long term because I'm fully gone.

Dont give up dude, it's going to be ok. I'm always scared that im going to stay this way forever, and messages like these just gives me chills. Bad bad bad chills. Im scared dude, im scared as fuck.

Last edited:
I'm so done with this ltc. This has to be damage. I have symptoms of ptsd ocd severe social anxiety which never happened before. I'm sorry to say this I wish I was a meth head I bet I would if recovered already. They should rank this fucking drug as most dangerous as in terms or damage. Hero in and all other hard shit might kill you when you overdose but you can largely recover from them. I fully recovered from a opiate addiction before i tried mdmaand got fucked for 26 months. I have what I think is hppd at night with weird lighting weird anxiety around people. Extremely non functional. Driving at night is like I'm in another world. I'm not sure what i should do pm me guys who have recovered long term because I'm fully gone.

While you do have a point--this is recoverable. I have not recovered yet but I have had moments where I've been close to it. Have you gotten an official diagnosis? Done any hormone tests? You need to be tested for adrenal fatigue.

Although it is interesting that even meth doesn't cause this kind of LTC stuff.

I've done so many tests that my health insurance dropped me. They thought I was gone. All heart tests negative all hormone tests negative. Free t3 t4 tsh testosterone . I'm sorry for being negative for all the people. Last thing I want to do is bring people down recovering. I must reiterate I did a large dose and this should not be representive of everyone here. Doctors turn me away. My father is a doctor as a research scientist and keeps telling me that recovery is going to happen as the body always wants to go to homeostasis.

I've done so many tests that my health insurance dropped me. They thought I was gone. All heart tests negative all hormone tests negative. Free t3 t4 tsh testosterone . I'm sorry for being negative for all the people. Last thing I want to do is bring people down recovering. I must reiterate I did a large dose and this should not be representive of everyone here. Doctors turn me away. My father is a doctor as a research scientist and keeps telling me that recovery is going to happen as the body always wants to go to homeostasis.

Wow...I thought obamacare did something about the insurance dropping.

Anyways, did you actually get the results of hormone tests? So many doctors will tell the patient that nothing is wrong since you are in the normal range but in fact being low normal can cause symptoms. If not that then why not try to get Tianeptine--it seems like its been successful for quite a few people on here. Clearly glutamate is involved in these LTCs....

Thank for the reply I have all the test and they are normal and within limits not on the low side but I will look at the tianpeine. Do you have any strange visual symptoms at night especially and a head in a vice grip feeling

Hey guys this is my first post!

I can't believe I just NOW found out about this site but I am so excited that there are so many people on the same page as me. Mods can move this post where necessary, but I would really like to share my experience and my life with other post MDMA users/Current users with WARNING and HOPE. Here is my long story but I hope it helps some of you...

Before my experiences with MDMA, I was completely anti-drug. It wasn't until EDC 2012 that I did MDMA for the first time, and since then I had only done it about twice a year for small shows/birthday/and music festivals. I am now 25 years old and quite literally as healthy as a person can be. Fitness and health has been my life since years before my experimenting and I have always followed a strict diet/fitness routine. I am a personal trainer and also work for a very reputable fitness company. Other than being physically healthy I have always had great mental health with a good head on my shoulders as well as a good conscious. I have always had the occasional anxiety about little things, but nothing I couldn't overcome with time. But let's fast forward to the summer of 2014, or known to me as the best/worst summer of my life lol.

Before EDC 2014 I was completely clean for about 7 months and was excited to roll. I picked up some pressed pills from a friend that and tested one 3 weeks before edc and they were wonderful. Had the time of my life at EDC and rolled all 3 days on about 8 pills total. The festival big had hit me and I wanted to go to more. I hit up a few small festivals spaced out a month each and probably consumed 6-7 capsules total from the month of July to September. I even did a small amount of speed once (was up for 2 days and hated it). Throughout those months I had some small week long side effects (slight depression) but overall my outlook on life was really opened up and I felt like I had unlocked some crazy ambition or something. At the end of september I went down to Vegas for one last hoorah!

During my vegas trip I drank like a fish in the clubs and on one particular night I had a friend offer me half of a red pressed pill called a bugatti. I obliged and took it. He warned me that the comeup was terrible but it is eventually good. He was very right. The comeup was terrible and I felt very nervous until it kicked in and then had a great night but ended up drinking too much and I may have blacked out once we got back to the hotel. The next day when all was calm, I experienced the most scarring experience of my life. MY VERY FIRST PANIC ATTACK! YAY! It was in the middle of the Vegas strip and completely overwhelmed me. Like many of you guess, I thought I was dying. Right there on the strip with asians taking pictures of everything. I didn't know what to do and ended up going back to the hotel. Friends didn't help much because they were about to go out to the clubs again and said I either stay in the hotel by myself or just go. So i manned up, and went out once again. I drank more that night than any other night hoping to forget what had happened and boy was I wrong (much redbull and vodka).

I drove home from vegas the next day for 9 hours and my entire body was in a state of panic. I can't even describe the feelings or emotions I had. I was rethinking my entire life and even considering texting my friends and family my final words. My body was trembling, couldn't eat, was pissing every 2 minutes, dry mouth, head tingling, heart pounding, weird tingling in my spine. I thought I was screwed. I got home safe and saw a doctor first thing in the morning. I was prescribed klonopin (rarely do I take this) to help take the edge off as well as a something to help flush the alcohol from my system. After about a week of feeling disoriented/confused/lost/depressed/and suicidal I eventually felt a bit better.

Then begins the reign of the physical symptoms. It happened about a week later while I was reading about ebola and stressing about a school essay. You name it, I had it. Heart pounding, pain in chest, muscular tension in chest and back, headache, neck ache, tingles, left arm pain, jaw clenching, jaw pain, derealization, dizzyness etc. I thought i was dying all over again and this went on for about 2 months straight everyday and I suffered. I saw the doctor more times than I could count and it only helped temporarily. December is where the depression kicked in, it was almost my birthday and christmas and I was feeling like there was no hope. Happiest time of year was the worst its ever been. And then one day after a stressful day at work guess what? HEART PALPITATIONS! YAY AGAIN! My heart was having constant PVC's literally for hours/days on end. Got a heart rate monitor and of course I was just fine. Eventually the random PVC's subsided but I still get them when I work out and lift heavy.

It is now 6 months into my LTC and I have some good news for some of you. My Symptoms are 80% better and I have started to regain my life. I'll randomly just notice when I am least paying attention to my body or thoughts that I am starting to feel like my old self. Do I still have some anxiety and symptoms? You bet I do! About once or twice a week I'll get the occasional nervousness as well as days with some bruxism/muscle pain in my chest and back. But no depression :) My thoughts used to be constantly about that vegas night and now I think about it maybe once every couple weeks? I know I am in his recovery for the long run and trust me, I no longer think I am invincible nor will I every experiment with MDMA or amphetamines again. So here's some things that helped me!

1. What do you love doing? Do that and engulf yourself in it. I love my car, and I literally have dumped thousands into it over a few months and I have focused much of my thoughts on that and it makes me happy :)

2. Are you physically fit or healthy? Get obsessed with it. If you eat right, work out, sleep right, supplement right, that is one less thing to worry about.

3. Avoid any long term prescriptions if you can avoid it. Rely on yourself or the help of someone. Not someTHING that you need.

4. I'm not trying to preach religion, but connecting with something that makes you feel better about the afterlife or death was a decent size of the puzzle for me.

5. You have been given an opportunity to analyze things in your life and essentially slow time down. Days are longer with anxiety, do something with them.

6. During my darkest times I tried everything I could to take my mind off of things. I applied for a job I wasn't qualified for (just to do it) I GOT THE FING JOB. I talked to girls that I thought I would have no chance with AND EVEN THAT WORKED OUT.

I never imagined I would still have some anxiety and symptoms 6 months later after my traumatic event, but here I am. I am not setting a goal for when I'll get better but just looking toward a bright future. I am WAY better than what I was 5 months ago, so whats to stop me from feeling waybetter than I do now 5 months into the future?

Thanks for reading my novel. I hope this helped some of you or prepared you for what could or may happen!

Thank for the reply I have all the test and they are normal and within limits not on the low side but I will look at the tianpeine. Do you have any strange visual symptoms at night especially and a head in a vice grip feeling

Hey man, I see you're freaking out so I logged in to give you a little reassurance by sharing my story.

I suffered from this "LTC" myself for around 4 months and I'm now pretty much recovered. It was so bad at the beginning I couldn't even form a single coherent sentence without great difficulty, short term memory was nowhere to be found, I felt very dispersonalized, I could hear my heart throb in my ears all the time, anxiety was through the roof coupled with severe hypochondria, and smoking even a little bit of weed would send me into dreadful, panic filled hyperspace. For the first 2.5 months I didn't make much improvement, since I was wasting most of my time by searching through all kinds of different forums to find out what is wrong with me, which turned out to be 100% counterproductive. During that period I was checked by a cardiologist, neurologist, had an MRI, EKG, all kinds of blood work done, and everything was pretty much perfect. After all of that, I was so sick of everything that I just thought to myself: "Well, fuck it, it can't get worse from here, I'm just gonna live and not give a shit anymore." At the beginning of the 4th month I finally accepted my situation. The exams started at the univeristy so I went back there and started studying. It was then when i realised my memory is pretty much okay, it was just me stressing out all the time making be unable to concetrate. I passed all of the exams, started hanging out with friends and my confidence and mindset was quickly back to where it was before. I am also now able to smoke weed again without it causing me any anxiety and bad thoughts.

This has all been a learning experience for me, and I think i came out a little bit better then I was before, since now I feel I'm much more down to earth then I was, I'm taking care of myself by exercising and eating right, and for the first time in my life I'm not procrastinating :) I'm pretty sure this has nothing to do with brain damage since my friend suffered the exact same thing from having a bad LSD trip, which was pretty much his only drug experience besides weed. He took around 6 months to recover.

People that knew about my situation kept telling me that "it's all in my head", and that there's nothing wrong with me. I used to be really pissed at that, but now I realize they were pretty much right. Anxiety can do weird things to you :)

Anyways, my advice for you all is to learn to accept the situation, move on, start excercising as soon as you're able to, try to eat as healthy as you can, and try to use those good days for something useful, like hanging out with your friends and doing something you like. Soon you will start having more good days then bad ones, until you're finally back to your normal emotions.

Peace and love :)

Thanks man I think the two years dwelling on this has been a problem. I am just not going to care anymore and continue working . Whatever happens it will be cool. Thanks for everyone on here for support.

That's it :) Empty your head as much as you can, and give your mind the rest it needs. Anyways, keep us updated, I'll pop in as much as I can to see how you're doing. Take care

Hey fellow sufferers. I here to give an update. After all i've been through im still stuck with major derealization and sometimes depersonalization pops up to say hi.
And the symptoms that go with it. Some days its just bad and other days really bad. Head pressure comes some days and some days the dizziness feeling joins the show.
Atleast the head pressure/dizzines is not 24/7 anymore.
Some days the derealization is low but im completely zoned out as if im empty in the head.
I still feel hopeless and cant really enjoy anything. Im closing in on the 6 month mark.
Been on 30 sessions on therapy and that doesn't give much. Dont really know what to do next.
Theres no specific medication for dp/dr either. Haven't had a panic attack in 4 months.
The list of symtoms that i now know is part of dp/dr made it a little better. Guess thats why i dont panic anymore.
Only thing that seems to reduce the symptoms to some degree is when i cry or taking a benzo.
Besides that major depression due to having it.

The doctor said that dp/dr is not harmful or anything but i have to dissagree.
The visual symptoms, wierd sensations, fluctuations in symptoms really destroy any form of enjoyment.
I regret every day that i took the mdma that time. Not to mention the unknown in regards to how long time ill have this.

I hope you guys are doing better. I personally in regards to my lifes circumstances dont know how much longer i can endure this hell.
Im talking to the guy often who is the owner of dpselfhelp.com and thats helped some. I know a lot about this disorder and if you guys have any questions
id gladly help as much as i can.

Hey fellow sufferers. I here to give an update. After all i've been through im still stuck with major derealization and sometimes depersonalization pops up to say hi.
And the symptoms that go with it. Some days its just bad and other days really bad. Head pressure comes some days and some days the dizziness feeling joins the show.
Atleast the head pressure/dizzines is not 24/7 anymore.
Some days the derealization is low but im completely zoned out as if im empty in the head.
I still feel hopeless and cant really enjoy anything. Im closing in on the 6 month mark.
Been on 30 sessions on therapy and that doesn't give much. Dont really know what to do next.
Theres no specific medication for dp/dr either. Haven't had a panic attack in 4 months.
The list of symtoms that i now know is part of dp/dr made it a little better. Guess thats why i dont panic anymore.
Only thing that seems to reduce the symptoms to some degree is when i cry or taking a benzo.
Besides that major depression due to having it.

The doctor said that dp/dr is not harmful or anything but i have to dissagree.
The visual symptoms, wierd sensations, fluctuations in symptoms really destroy any form of enjoyment.
I regret every day that i took the mdma that time. Not to mention the unknown in regards to how long time ill have this.

I hope you guys are doing better. I personally in regards to my lifes circumstances dont know how much longer i can endure this hell.
Im talking to the guy often who is the owner of dpselfhelp.com and thats helped some. I know a lot about this disorder and if you guys have any questions
id gladly help as much as i can.

Hey man! Like many of us, we have all been there and trust me, it is going to go away and it is going to be a breath of fresh air. I'll give you an example of what my symptoms were IN ORDER so maybe you can relate!

1. Dizzyness, vice grip on head, head tingles, feeling like i was still trippin. (about 2 months)
2. DR and DP extremely bad. Felt like I wasn't even in my own body. Driving was dangerous, constantly forgetting things, almost like i was watching a movie of myself with no emotion. Then depression kicked in bad. (2 months)
3. One day the DR and DP just literally vanished. I was in my car and i was like....this is weird...I can actually think about driving and know that I am actually driving and like it.
4. Muscle tension in my chest, like hardcore. Thought I was having heart issues. Constant chest pain/back pain/neck pain. (1 month)
5. Heart palipations (pvc's) constantly for 3 weeks, then subsided, only get them occasionally now.
6 Right now my symptoms are jaw clenching, minor chest tightness, slight nervousness in stressful situations.

Hopefully this helps, but as you can see it got from worse to better depending on what symptoms are less bothersome in your opinion. Oh and the only real panic attack I have had in the experience was the one that started it 6 months ago. Have gotten close to one, but haven't had one. Shit is weird, but stay strong man, PM me if you need to talk

So many posts lately mentioning PVCs. They were my first symptom! I was using a lot of stimulants and my bodies reaction to them started to become very uncomfortable. After one night of far too much MDMA I was feeling okay, then 3 days later I had my first PVC and a panic attack ensued. I had constant gripping anxiety, breathlessness, palpitations - just utter terror for about a week after that. It was made horribly worse by even the caffeine from a can of coke so I stopped drinking caffeine and smoking cold turkey. It was so bad at that point that Xanax would put me to sleep before it calmed me down. I am not exaggerating when I say I was manually breathing the whole time I was awake. I started to get a little bit better and thought "what a rough comedown, thank god its ending". And then the constant anxiety turned into horrific panic attacks, I would be minding my own business then suddenly I would feel an intense negative energy, probably adrenaline. They were so bad my heart would shoot up to 160 bpm, I would get all cold and my feet would go purple, I went to the emergency room a few times. When these episodes passed I would shiver and shake violently. I suffered like this for about 2 months, these severe adrenaline rushes 1-3 times per day and feeling horribly on edge waiting for the next one to happen. I should mention the doctors couldn't find anything physically wrong. The PVCs throughout this stage were absolutely devastating. They occured about 2-3 times a day and would literally feel like someone punched me in the chest, very scary.

Eventually things started to improve, the attacks were more like 120 bpm heart rate but still horrible. Then they just slowly went away and a new phase begun, I fell into horrific deep derealization and depersonalization. I felt like I didn't recognise myself in the mirror and as if my consciousness was in someway missing. Imagining images in my head felt as real as the ones I saw with my own eyes. Very scary. Bad muscle twitching all over began here too and that caused pretty bad muscle pains. This phase lasted for about 4 months and I got VERY SLOWLY better. The PVCs were reduced and turned into noticable but not heavy flutters.

I'm absolutely certain the DR / DP was triggered by the panic attacks, like a coping mechanism. It only lifted when I forced myself to get back into the real world. And that brings me to where I am now, 13 months since it started. I suffer from minor muscle twitching, jaw tension and very minor PVCs that feel like a little tick in my chest. How ever the cardiologist thinks I may be suffering from sustained runs of PACs (atrial ectopic beats) now, which to me feels like heavy pounding for about an hour at a time. I am happy to say I am continuing my life at the moment, I have no cognitive deficit, no memory troubles, no obvious depression, very minor derealization at times I guess. I am studying well and going out to raves with my friends but only drinking there! I take tianeptine and it appears to help a bit.

One thing strange is I CANNOT tolerate caffeine or any stimulant at the moment still. A can of coke will be fine somedays and other days will trigger a vicious panic attack. Stronger stimulants would probably land me in the emergency room again. Despite that all tests say my heart is perfectly healthy. One thing I will say is the whole experience has left me feeling a bit weird about life in general, I guess I feel very mortal now and quite often start to wonder what the point is in life which then makes me anxious when before this I used to love psychedelics and altering my consciousness.

Nice to hear from you tpchan85 i have been following your story . I am glad your doing well man or better.

Like my mother always says, "where there's life, there's hope".

Shit though man, I feel for you. 26 months is a godawfully long period of time to have to suffer with this shit.

Do you think the previous opiate addiction may have played a role in your current difficulties? Perhaps you've put your brain through a bit too much?

That being said, do some research. The brain is REMARKABLY plastic. It changes all the time. It's a complex organ, and if damaged or altered in some way, takes time to recover. Arguably longer than damage to other parts of the body, due to its more complex nature.

Think about it this way.

They say it takes around 4 years to master a new skill, with continuous dedication. I'm not sure if there's science to back this up, but it sounds about right to me.

That means it takes 4 years to physically mould you brain into something you're aiming for. Because in order to acquire a new skill, you need to basically change your brain. That's what learning is, forming new connections and making use of plasticity.

That's why it's harder to learn things the older you get. Because the brain begins to lose its plasticity.

There's a famous study somewhere that looked at the hippocampus (memory part) of the brains of taxi drivers in London (who have to pass an extensive geography test in order to be licensed). It found that these taxi drivers brains were observably different to non-taxi drivers!

Basically what I'm saying, is that in order for us to rewire our brains away from this anxiety, away from these palpitations and HPPD, it's going to take time and considerable concerted effort.

But science has demonstrated time and time again that it is possible.

So if you are directing your efforts towards recovery, and are doing the right things, recovery is inevitable.

But depending on a huge variety of factors, it's going to take time!

A little update on myself: my blood test came back clear. I've yet to look at the results myself, or discuss them with the doctor, but basic blood count, thyroid function, and testoesterone were judged to be normal. I'm not fully convinced though that there's nothing to be found here. But I'm not a doctor and I emphasised to the doctor that I'm not just an anxiety-driven hyperchondriatic mess, but have rationale concerns about a pulse issue and poor physical reaction to stress.

Though maybe that's all it is! Stress. Plain and simple.

For those not aware, my primary symptom now is very prominent pulse throughout my body, most of the time. But not all the time

Anxiety and depression have subsided now to maybe an hour a day max, sometimes more, sometimes less.

My libido is weird but that could just be because I was on NoFap. Doing some reading I've found that NoFap can fuck with the libidos of normal guys who DONT have the stress of an LTC to contend with.

But yeah, I'm kind of a success story atm. I am functioning almost perfectly well, this heart thing doesn't really bother me because I know there's nothing physical wrong. The depression/anxiety is only in brief little waves now, compared to the blanket it was before. It's still shit, but far more manageable. I'm mentally fairly sharp, and I'm sleeping better.

PM me anyone who's struggling and I'll see if I can help. I'm actually training to be a mental health professional so I could use the experience! Certain things have helped me, I can't list the exact resources atm cause I'm on my phone, but they are:

1) CBT (cognitive behavioural therapy). Important. Really took the edge off of anxiety in the early days.

2) exercise. Power yoga in particular I've found really cool, something I've began recently.

3) sleep. Lots of it. Lack of sleep will fuck you up guys. If you're really suffering take a week off work/school, and sleep for like 4 days straight if it helps.

4) socialising. In the beginning this didnt really help, as it was hard to get out of my head. Now however it's really helpful. It's hard to be anxious or depressed when you're in a deep, meaningful conversation with someone.

5) coffee. This ones personal to me I guess. I see that guy up above with the sensitivity to stimulants, they might want to avoid this one. Personally though I found it great to get me out of a rut, gets me happy and excited a bit. Again, not one for those prone to panic attacks from caffeine. Still, I've found coffee has actually REVERSED sensations of anxiey personally.

Take care guys! Again PM me, I'm happy to help.

Hey short term expert thank for your reply . I don't believe there opiates had any effect as I was about 2 years clean and working in my field as a financial analyst and business owner. I am on no fap as well because I do beloved it lowers the imbalance of the brain. I have about 40 days in. It's just a time game I guess. I will be pming you soon.

btw if anyone is looking for something with minimal side effects. Google the anti-anxiety medication Hydroxyzine. Weaker than benzo but non addictive and seems to help me. Effects come within like 1-2 hrs.

Ah shit my anxiety has come to a point where I get throat twitches. Thats thw worst kind fo twitch yet. I feel a hand on my thorat that grips is every 2 seconds for 10 minutes... Thats scary

I think I should start posting in this thread :) Currently working my way in recovery, some days are good, some days are terrible... mostly, I have two symptoms:

1 - Brain zaps: annoying, like electricity, won't let me sleep, they (are usually) triggered when I want to sleep. Right between when I'm awake and I'm sleep, which wakes me up (obviously)
2 - Hypnic jerk: I'm still having these. They are split between "violent" and "small": the violent ones are the ones that I get on the bed usually (or when I am relaxed), in which I "jump". It's like a group of muscles, like you get scared, and you "jump", actually move in the bed or the chair, as if someone poked you with a needle. The small ones, I still get them everyday, all the time, they are annoying when I use the computer. Is like small "mini jumps", but I do not "jump" with them (only my hand, or fingers, move, not the entire body). The mouse in the computer still detects the movement, which is annoying.

I did not have panic attacks, aside from the "I've ruined my life" moments. The rest of my body/mind keeps functioning fine. No depresion, as well. I feel good. A bit of a lower libido.

It started after my week in Ibiza last Sept, I consumed 5 blue ghosts pills in 1 week, + some untested crystal, which I'm not sure if it was MD or something else (I know, I KNOW, huge mistake). One month later, I drank a couple of red bulls with vodka, and the issues started there. I'm off caffeine as well.
I used it one more time, last month, very low dose, and had a couple of rough days. I don't feel any different than I used to feel before taking that small amount (IE, not better, or worse, things are still the same).

I went to two neurologist, did lots of blood tests, did an extended egc, they found nothing, as usual. They gave me Pregabalin 25mg to help me with the brain zaps and Clonazepan in drops (2 drops, 3 times per day) to help me with the jerks.

I'm currently taking fish oil, some vit b and folic acid, and I started using SJW (Hypericum), but I don't see much difference with that. Perhaps I'm using the wrong dose of SJW, it's on drops, I'm taking 25 drops 2 times per day. I'm currently off the Clonazepan and the Pregabalin, but I had a very bad night yesterday, and I'm considering re-taking them for 2-3 days.

I have HTP-5 available, but the dosing is large (120mg) on each capsule, so I'm not sure I should take that.

I'm currently taking fish oil, some vit b and folic acid, and I started using SJW (Hypericum), but I don't see much difference with that. Perhaps I'm using the wrong dose of SJW, it's on drops, I'm taking 25 drops 2 times per day. I'm currently off the Clonazepan and the Pregabalin, but I had a very bad night yesterday, and I'm considering re-taking them for 2-3 days.

I have HTP-5 available, but the dosing is large (120mg) on each capsule, so I'm not sure I should take that.

There is some evidence that St. John's Wort is a Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitor (whether that's MAOI-A, B, or both, I'm not sure), and also that it acts as a Cytochrome P450 3A4 inducer (may interact with Clonazepam), which means that combining it with 5-hydroxy-tryptophan (5-HTP) could be more risky than beneficial to one's short and long term mental health.

There was a time when I combined high dosages of both, and ironically began to experience side effects consistent with those I felt when withdrawing from ~8 months spent on an SSRI medication known as Zoloft (Sertraline) - 'brain zaps' included.

Edit - By the way, Lyrica (Pregabalin) may (or may not) be a good option for anyone here who has decided to try Rx meds such as SSRIs, but have not observed any significant reduction in their symptoms. This may be due to its suppressant pharmacological effects upon Norepinephrine (implicated in anxiety and panic attacks) and Substance P (reportedly released in abnormal amounts in people suffering from illnesses in which widespread muscle pain and cognitive dysfunction (brain fog) are apparent).

NMDA antagonists and blockers might also be an option for LTC sufferers. And apparently, one of them also happens to be a vital mineral: Magnesium, but I digress.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.