Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

MDMA - Becoming obsolete due to meth?

Rollo83

Greenlighter
Hey people, i am just wondering if it is just me, or is finding MDMA almost impossible these days? I live in Perth Western Australia, and it seems that the BIG drug of choice here is meth.... it is EVERYWHERE. MDMA seems to be scarce.... is this happening everywhere in Oz? Are party drugs not popular anymore and more addictive drugs like meth taking over??? Kinda makes me sad that it seems to be the only one available nowadays.

Ah, ok. Meth seems to be the weapon of choice here. Or maybe i just don't know the right people. In saying that I could get meth in a second, mdma requires a big search.... and I still cannot find it. Like I said, maybe i just know the wrong people, and probably biased by the media as meth/ice is all the talk these days in the news.

Woops...hopefully this doesn't fall into the realms of 'availability' - i'm not soucing info, just wondering if people have noticed mdma and other drugs being phased out for more addictive drugs. It seems the case here, imo. I guess there's more money to be made from addiction rather than recreation.

Woops...hopefully this doesn't fall into the realms of 'availability' - i'm not soucing info, just wondering if people have noticed mdma and other drugs being phased out for more addictive drugs. It seems the case here, imo. I guess there's more money to be made from addiction rather than recreation.
Yah, lets keep the "availability" discussion to a minimum.

Really, i think it is all about the circles of people you know and what they are into (and who they know).

By all reports there seems to be a lot more mdma around in australia now than any time in the last 5 odd years.
When there was an MDMA drought in the last few years, meth definitely seemed to replace it (because of its scarcity generally).
But they are very different drugs in my opinion - and i don't think the demand for MDMA will be going away any time soon - or ever.

Thanks for the reply peeps. Maybe the fact I am a newb to all these things means I just haven't had as much exposure as others, therefore i don't notice whats out there as much. Good to hear it still is. :)

Yeah, the drought of the last few years (lots of RCs and piperazines pressed into pills, cathinones sold as "molly" etc) seems to be over. Lots of reports of quality pills this summer.
Must always urge people to get a regeant test kit if you're going to use pills/MDMA though.

I've never tried pills personally, i was spoilt from the start with pure MDMA powder/crystal. Always new the quality as they were tried and tested by the person i used to received them from, who would never pass on anything other than the best to us. But if i find it again I will definately be testing. Definately worth the small amount of effort and money involved. It's all a risk, by why not reduce it if you can, right?

Plenty of good mdma flowing from what i hear. Its been a while since ive had any but its available and its good.

Well, i guess this has been put to bed then! Great to know it's out there still. I must just roll in the wrong circles (pardonthe pun). Never been a club/rave guy, maybe thats why. I'm in my early thirties so that time has passed I guess. I'd much prefer to roll at home with my gf, it's honestly the BEST when you are with someone.

Your best bet is probably the darknet. It is certainly out there to be had.

Yeah, considered that. But the idea of having gear couriered to my house... well, it just seems too risky imo.

Mentioning the darknet is not sourcing. Everyone knows its there. No vendors or marketplaces were mentioned.

OP if you stick to domestic vendors, reseach them for quality and stealth and follow all the online security protocols you will have minimal risk.

Rollo83: I have been able to observe the various changes in the Perth scene on a pretty much constant basis over the past 17 years, and this is one issue that I have spent a bit of time pondering.

There is no question that after the massive MDMA drought in the late 2000s occurred, methamphetamine use rose significantly here (particularly in relation to smoking it) as it did throughout the country.

People in Perth were soon paying ~ <way too much> per gram and upwards of heapsper point for good quality crystal meth and continue to do so from what I can see. Since MDMA has returned to Australia in somewhat decent amounts in the last few years, mainly over in the east, prices for methamphetamine seem to have decreased in those same states. For some reason we haven't seen the same decrease in Perth and WA, just like we haven't seen the same increase in MDMA availability (imo). It has certainly increased but not to the same level as over in the east; not by a long way.

Therefore, my belief is that whilst WA consumers are still prepared to pay ridiculously high prices for methamphetamine and show no signs of pushing this price point down any time soon (even though the supply of this drug in Perth has surely never been greater), there is less incentive for the distributors to send MDMA to WA because methamphetamine will always be more profitable at that price on the street.

If the users drive the price down towards prices paid by those in the eastern states (one way to do this although not for everyone, is to obtain meth through "other means" and obviously pay far less; this decreases the amount WA users are purchasing direct from local drug suppliers even if the overall demand for the drug is unchanged, resulting in an excess supply of local meth and hopefully a drop in price), then the profit margins for meth and MDMA will become closer and the incentive to send more MDMA here increases; instead of saving it for the eastern states whilst we blow a fortune on their meth instead.

I trust this hasn't infringed rules regarding prices (which you'd think I'd know after 16 years wouldn't you?! Sorry...). However, it is by way of general comment only and simply reflects the published data, data which seems to be roughly consistent with experience and anecdotal evidence.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Biscuit. I do know it is being made here locally in huge quantities. And the demand is big. MDMA is for most people recreational I guess, and almost not addictive. In line with that there is more demand and more money to be made from a 'Need' than a 'want', MDMA being a 'want'.

Per the Australian Crime Commission reporting purity has dropped over 2013-2014 in a big way though overall MDMA is available in Australia at substantial quantities. You can get the report here. Its an interesting read. But as the mods have said, availability is about who you know.

But its also relative to who you are and where you are in life. Back in 90s and early 2000s I was a young man working in a sector where the median age was 21. As you can imagine it was crazy. Everyone partied all the time. The company directors, everyone was poppin E's, snorting coke, fucking, dealin, partying. So many good clubs back then. It was insane some of our parties that happened in town.

But one gets older and at the sametime several big things happened. There was a big crash of dot.com companies and telcos. They were driving a lot of drug use in Sydney. A whole heap of dealers, some pretty big movers, got arrested and what not. So with a momentary drop in availability, whilst at the sametime all of the 20 years were getting older. We moved onto other sectors that had older workers and less drugs. Simultaneously the internet and research drugs starting hitting. I remember reading BL about how there was a big source, lots of the old timers in BL would discuss serendipitously, implying its existence but making sure that no one knew about it so it couldn't be ruined.

See a lot of the research chemicals were technically legal at the time. They weren't analogues and they were being sent here in large quantities. I suspect some people out there have serious weight. At the sametime all this was happening the mineral boom was starting up and a lot of drugs were moving to the big mining camps and such. A lotta people moved out to WA and in turn cocaine and MDMA followed the money.

The big heroin boom of the 1990s gave way to the big meth boom. See a lot the heroin addicts jumped onto meth as it really helped you out of the doldrums of post withdrawal cravings. Also for some reason the cops must have closed down on some pretty big import routes because it seemed to me that 2003+ became all about domestically produced drugs like meth.

But at the sametime all this happened a large generation of drug users matured, married, had kids and tried to kick our "bad" habits. The forums back then were littered with so many posts about "losing the magic", I definitely felt burnt out from MDMA use. I wasn't getting the magic anymore and that was disappointing because it just felt like I was taking speed, throwing money down the loo. For me, moving jobs, having several of my dealers (who moving major weight) getting busted really made it difficult to get MDMA.

Now days I work in a place where the median age is 55. Its all about redundancies, packages, retirement, round the world trips, grandma's and office restructures.

So the worlds a different place, drugs are different and it looks like MDMA is slowly ceasing to be the socially changing force it once used to be. Hopefully though once its legalised for the treatment of PTSD that we'll see a resurgence of pure MDMA on the market. But until then it looks like it comes down to who you know, or how good you are with bitcoins, darknets and TOR.

(and let me tell you that the darknet drug markets are fucking stupid and you can easily get ripped off. Do not trust them, use the escrow services if they're available and don't give em a cent unless you get your package).

i live in WA and yes meth is the most convent and easy drug to get but if u know the right people you can get some real good MDMA i got some MDMA crystals on there way from belgium right now :)