Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Mdma and alcohol

thisisecstasy

Greenlighter
Hi all,
I'm sure it's clear that it's a common (mis?)conception that alcohol and mdma can be a dangerous mix, but people who know what they're doing can get away with it. I was planning on trying this out tomorrow. I have a molly capsule (not exactly sure how much mg tbh..) that I'm planning to empty out and rail tomorrow after just 1 or 2 alcoholic mixed drinks (40% vodka mixed with gatorade or OJ, something like that). My question is, would that be safe,and would more alcohol be ok? I heard that alcohol and mdma can be fine as long as I remember to keep more hydrated, but I just wanted to get more opinions.

Railing some MDMA after one or two mixed drinks should be all right. I would recommend switching to water after you rail the MDMA though. I would switch back to alc only after the effects from MDMA start to subside. Just make sure to not drink a stupid amount and then drop/rail the MDMA and you should be fine.

It can't be THAT dangerous, 99% of everyone I have ever seen on MDMA (or pills containing it) have been drinking alcohol at the time; almost always in large amounts. Just drink water regularly to avoid the inevitable dehydration. Most people end up smashing down glasses by the time it's too late and you can definitely feel out of it and quite shitty until you're re-hydrated. That plus you'll probably feel shit anyway, due to lack of Serotonin.

Alcohol, besides the actual dehydration to your body, in my experience, will increase nausea and vomiting is dehydrating to your body. That is something I consider as well. I've never consumed alcohol on a night I'm rolling, however, I hear that many have 1, a max of 2 drinks before or with the drop to ease anxious feelings.

Before you even get to the health danger levels, don't forget there is a "danger" that it will dull your roll. So that alone should inspire anyone to keep the levels at a bare minimum or not at all...

It's probably less safe than consuming MDMA on its own and more likely to increase nausea, but two drinks doesn't seem like it would be a huge deal. I used to usually have a few drinks before rolling and then switch to water. But then again the only time I ever felt sick on the come-up was after having drank a lot.

It doesn't seem too dangerous, but I don't see the point as I've never noticed alcohol when I've been on MDMA, don't feel drunk even if I drink loads, waste of money really. In my opinion.

Ill just add this here.

The hardest time ive ever rolled out of 7 times now,
I had drunk 2 pints of beer before hand, Which is unlike me i just was going with the flow i guess.

I still Rolled fucking balls. I really did. But at the same time i know people who drink a lot and when they take mdma it barely effects them as they are too pissed , its just not a good combo.
A few drinks you will probably be alright but.

I actually remember reading somewhere (wish i had the link now) that Alcohol and mdma, is better than just drinking water with mdma, as it helps keep your body temperature down, but they was chatting 1 - 2 drinks then going onto sips of water then.

I usually drink 1-2 drinks at most, usually something with redbull to keep my energy up, although a beer is nice too. Too much alcohol dulls my roll a bit.

Wel to be honest, i've tried both being drunk then pop, and pop and drink. Either way, you will be wasting something. If you're already drunk and you pop, you'll feel drunk but with something different, not a real roll (I was really drunk when i did that tho). On the other way, like some have already said, drinking while rolling won't do much then dehydrate you quicker.

The danger in consuming MDMA and alcohol simultaneously is not limited to dehydration. It's well known that alcohol is a diuretic, which not only dehydrates you but also depletes electrolytes (salt, potassium, magnesium, bicarbonate). Even with vigorous hydration (and often because of vigorous hydration), hyponatremia can occur. For those who don't already know, this is when salt and other electrolyte levels fall dangerously. Brain damage and subsequently death can occur. If drinking while rolling, sports drinks (Gatorade, Powerade, etc.) are essential to prevent this.

I tried a roll with a bit of alcohol recently. It was nice, had some before I dropped and definitely had a different feel to it, but it was very fun.
Although, one time, albeit I was on mephedrone, I had a bit of alcohol and it lowered the energy and buzz which I didn't enjoy so much.

Last edited:
Alcohol increases neurotoxicity, hepatoxicity, will make the hangover 100x worse the next day, will drasticly amplify chances of having negative side effects from the MDMA (brain damage). Similar effect to amphetamines, however depressant rather than stimulant basically. Dehydration added to the mix is not good, risk of overheating. Most MDMA deaths involve alcohol.

Consider those facts before drinking on MDMA.

what jlcb is sounds right i drank a shitload of beer the days before and after the show with the mdma and i had cramps during the show in my feet bad and after it was horrible. I naturally have a potassium deficiency but it got really bad most likely from the alcohol..

just wanted to add to what I said since I saw it bumped

a couple beers probably isn't too bad

more is bad

Most everyone I know drinks while they roll including myself. Mind you, I don't get wasted when I'm rolling, I just chill on say a 4 pack of 16 ounces and drink them when I roll

Aye, beer and MD are bed fellows. It would be like bacon without eggs. Mind you for me it's self regulating. I just don't want to drink anything but water or soft drinks after I drop. It's before that I like to 'cushion' my system with a few beers!

Alcohol + Mdma for me + Fail.
I personally think it dulls your Experience on MDMA. Even a few.

Being Intoxicated then popping a pill

There's been several times where i've been a little tipsy then decided to pop a pill and the ecstasy seems to sober me up almost instantly when it kicks in, is it actually sobering me up or just overpowering the alcohol? Cause I seem to lose all effects of the alcohol after consuming ecstasy.