• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

MDA Or MDMA. Whats The Difference ???

Below are the amount of pills that have had MDxx in them sent into ecstasydata.org:

MDEA - 76 entries out of 2892
MDMA - 1473 entries out of 2892
MDA - 212 entries out of 2892
MDOH - 0 entries out of 2892

Hope that paints a pretty picture. =D

Last edited:
The synthesis is exactly the same as MDMA, but using ethylamine rather than methylamine, and the former is probably less closely watched. The reason no-one makes it is that MDMA is hugely popular and in demand and MDE isn't.

There is the cheese haha, seems to be almost 1 MDEA pill for every 20 MDMA pills on ecstasydata, MDEA in my country seems to be this urban legend from the 80s/90s that created a really munted kind of wave for a good few years over here.

What's MDOH? Is it recreational at all, or difficult to synth, not commercially viable? I'm not that familiar with MDxx but I haven't ever heard of that one.

The N-hyroxyl analogue of MDA. It is very unstable, reduces to MDA easily, so no sample will ever be without at least some MDA, so it's no better legally, and as it's reportedly pretty much indistinguishable from MDA, no-one bothers.

Just a question, from what I understand 2CB is pretty common here. How do you tell the pill IS 2CB incase you get it off some dumbass who doesn't know what they're doing or selling for that matter?

Marquis reagent, but that can only presumptively tell you whether it probably is or is not a drug of the 2C family, to differentiate it from closely related drugs like 2C-C/2C-I is well beyond the scope of the kitchen chemist.

Have to agree that I didn't rate the brown euro's of a few years ago all that highly either, although it was past the point in time pills did a great deal for me, a lot of people were pretty happy with them at the time though. Iirc, they didn't contain MDMA, I seem to recall being under the impression they contained MDEA, but it is possible they contained MDA. I seem to recall reading an article, or perhaps just a very detailed post by somebody, fairly recently that suggested MDEA was a really rare drug that was not commercially feasible to make instead of MDMA, and that its use in 'ecstasy' pills has been overstated. Really wish I could remember more details on it, there is a very good chance I read it on Bluelight...

Yes, I remember them as MDEA aswell. But as you said MDEA is extremely rare (especially in Australia) and you and poledriver are thinking of biscuits post a few months ago. He has a friend that has the entire list of police tested pills in Australia, if I remember correctly he said that there was literally 3 MDEA entries out of thousand and we agreed that there is virtually no point to make MDEA, as if you have the ingredients to cook MDEA you could cook MDMA instead. The only reason to make MDEA is for the novelty value but everyone prefers MDMA to MDEA. I've seen plenty of people say they prefer MDA but none that prefer MDEA. My point is, that as I guessed years ago I think it's likely that the Euro's and Ck's a few years ago were just a low dose of MDMA that you wouldn't feel the magic making people think MDEA. MDEA is very sedating, psilosubnaut told me and sent me a photo of the only time he had confirmed MDEA and he thought most people have no clue what MDEA feels like because virtually no one has had it and alot of misinformation gets spread from people who think they have.

Re: brown euros, from memory I would definitely put them above the white moons at the time BUT there were so many batches of the moons and it was ages ago so who knows, I did enjoy both thoroughly though! I actually had a few of the early moons/diamonds sitting around until recently, held up considerably well considering the press was so weak and crumbly on the early batches. Also found few old green hearts and T stars from 08' I think - I need to stop hoarding pills.
Duuuuude, the green hearts and T stars were both ace. Very decent pills, wish I'd saved some.

I much prefer MDEA. Great if you plan on staying on the couch. The shorter duration can be a plus (it's nice to have the option to go for a short experience). Lastly, I've heard MDE is probably less neurotoxic than MDMA.

Unfortunately, MDE is incredibly hard to find.

Apart from MDEA being almost nom existant, if you read the brown euro reports the effects that were reported sounded a lot like MDA rather than MDEA

Yes, I remember them as MDEA aswell. But as you said MDEA is extremely rare (especially in Australia) and you and poledriver are thinking of biscuits post a few months ago. He has a friend that has the entire list of police tested pills in Australia, if I remember correctly he said that there was literally 3 MDEA entries out of thousand and we agreed that there is virtually no point to make MDEA, as if you have the ingredients to cook MDEA you could cook MDMA instead. The only reason to make MDEA is for the novelty value but everyone prefers MDMA to MDEA. I've seen plenty of people say they prefer MDA but none that prefer MDEA. My point is, that as I guessed years ago I think it's likely that the Euro's and Ck's a few years ago were just a low dose of MDMA that you wouldn't feel the magic making people think MDEA. MDEA is very sedating, psilosubnaut told me and sent me a photo of the only time he had confirmed MDEA and he thought most people have no clue what MDEA feels like because virtually no one has had it and alot of misinformation gets spread from people who think they have.

Duuuuude, the green hearts and T stars were both ace. Very decent pills, wish I'd saved some.

I'd love to be able to have read of that list of
Lab results. I tried doing a google search but nothing shows up.
It would be interesting.

Yeah i remember those beige euros - mda givens me a more stoned affect, no comedown plus light up a doob will do wonders for thereafter .

Beam me up Scotty, take me back to the time when the E's were real,,,

^ Yeah I recall that too regarding MDEA, I saw it on here somewhere, was it maybe lovepsychadelics, cant recall, dont know how much truth to it there is, I wouldnt have a clue about all that really.

The MDEA pills were late 90's when pill testers came in large bottles and were quite the novelty. Something about MDEA scouting around the dutch law at the time. Very sedating way more so than MDMA with only tiny amount euphoria/empathy. Often people thought they were laced with H. White love hearts or something similar was the first of these I came across around 99??

Just a question, from what I understand 2CB is pretty common here. How do you tell the pill IS 2CB incase you get it off some dumbass who doesn't know what they're doing or selling for that matter?
First thing is the price, they are stupid cheap unless pressed into say white apple logo's and sold for a crap load more than they are worth at a dose that wouldn't effect an actual lab rat let alone a person. Second thing is an ez test kit read the instructions and see results. Third thing is 2cb is fucking good stuff if your paying the right amount for a decent dose. Paying MDMA prices for a cap or pill is just bullshit and they are often sold as say 25 mg 2cb for the price of a MDMA pill. That 25 mg is really only 10 mg. Rip off scam artists. A 2cb pill shouldn't cost more than a decent feed at the golden arches and will contain 20 mg of 2cb, just what the doctor ordered.

I guess the thing is (as you would very well know) that the people who produce such pills could easily pump out another batch that looked just about identical and tested up the same but each tab only had half the amount of MDA or however much as the last batch. I'd say that kind of stuff happens or has happened alot of the decades, they push out a load of higher grade ones, then might do another batch of high grade ones also, so they get a good name, then they may pump out several batches of lower potency ones to save product to make more pills and make more money. Since it's all unregulated and all they can do what they like.

I dont think I ever had a brown Euro tho personally.

100% agree, after hearing great things about the Brown euros I thought I would look into it, but by that time they had been all bought up and a new batch of black euros came out...they sucked!