Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(MDA/100 mg IV) - First Time - Out of body experience

wow, 100mg straight up.
you crazy bastard

lmao, yeah, I would have probably tried half of that if I would have put some extra fore-thought into it. 8(

I hope that no one else attempts such a dose like this without having a serious tolerance/insensitivity to the drug, because I was probably very close to cardiac arrest. I'm glad I didn't use the whole 200mg. That probably would have done me in.

same, maybe 70mg if i was feeling particularly ballsy that day..

It sounds sooo much better than IV methylone :(

i know exactly what you are talking about when you speak of the time loops. I once smoked salvia 20x on the tail end of a 3 day meth bender and i experienced this such of phenomenon. It was as if i was repeating the same thing over and over again, much like i was flipping through pages in a book or being caught between frames of time, kind of like being in a movie reel about to go to the next frame but cant quite get there and have to repeat the same frame over again.

anyway a fantastic read man!:)

i absolutely love this report, i've read it many times. even being an avid fan of mda i find 100mg oral to be very intense. i've gone upwards of over 300mg oral before - i do not recommend this, i think this dosage was a bit dangerous looking back on it - at least to me it seemed a bit dangerous and this is coming from someone who thinks 300mg of it's cousin, mdma, is a nice way to start the night. anyway i can account for how powerful mda can be. i have experienced synesthesia, trips back in time, you name it, on mda. some of the more powerful experiences and visions i've ever had have been on mda. even though i have a good bit of experience with the drug, i seriously could not even imagine IV'ing 100mg, how intense the physical AND mental rush would've been. now after reading this report several times since it's been posted i actually can kind of imagine it. i definitely hear you on the about the CNS worry, i've only taken mda orally and have had a few "oh shit" moments. i didn't feel as though i was in any immediate danger but during those times i could definitely tell there was an awfully strong push... enough to warrant my attention and a little worry.

most of the time i find mda's dreamy trips to be lucid in the way they appear to me but when i come to, i am very confused. i'm not sure of who i am or where i am or why i am where i am. it takes more than a few moments for me to realize, oh that was just a trip. i'll try to concentrate on trying to figure out what day/time or even year it is but before i get that far, i end up phasing out into another trip. during these times i am very disassociated from my body and don't even know if my eyes are open or not, my vision and mental state is entirely engulfed with images from my mind's eye. at this point i am completely unaware of my body and unaware of the CNS push that mda has.

thanks for posting up this trip report, to me it shows just how much of a difference the ROA can make. truly amazing write-up.

Last edited:
i absolutely love this report, i've read it many times. even being an avid fan of mda i find 100mg oral to be very intense. i've gone upwards of over 300mg oral before - i do not recommend this, i think this dosage was a bit dangerous looking back on it - at least to me it seemed a bit dangerous and this is coming from someone who thinks 300mg of it's cousin, mdma, is a nice way to start the night. anyway i can account for how powerful mda can be. i have experienced synesthesia, trips back in time, you name it, on mda. some of the more powerful experiences and visions i've ever had have been on mda. even though i have a good bit of experience with the drug, i seriously could not even imagine IV'ing 100mg, how intense the physical AND mental rush would've been. now after reading this report several times since it's been posted i actually can kind of imagine it. i definitely hear you on the about the CNS worry, i've only taken mda orally and have had a few "oh shit" moments. i didn't feel as though i was in any immediate danger but during those times i could definitely tell there was an awfully strong push... enough to warrant my attention and a little worry.

most of the time i find mda's dreamy trips to be lucid in the way they appear to me but when i come to, i am very confused. i'm not sure of who i am or where i am or why i am where i am. it takes more than a few moments for me to realize, oh that was just a trip. i'll try to concentrate on trying to figure out what day/time or even year it is but before i get that far, i end up phasing out into another trip. during these times i am very disassociated from my body and don't even know if my eyes are open or not, my vision and mental state is entirely engulfed with images from my mind's eye. at this point i am completely unaware of my body and unaware of the CNS push that mda has.

thanks for posting up this trip report, to me it shows just how much of a difference the ROA can make. truly amazing write-up.

This is really weird because the entire duration of my MDA trip, I didn't have such severe depersonalization/derealization as I would on mushrooms and/or ketamine. However derealization was present due to how indescribably remarkable this experience was, and how overwhelmingly positive and grand it was in comparison to any other psychedelic trip I had at that point. I can't even say trying DMT was all that intense by comparison, although the stimulant/rush feeling with it is very nice, it's just nothing to "write home" about if you know what I mean, hahahaha.

anemone4.jpg

This is a great visual interpretation of what I experienced as "the vortex", so to speak, as I was being accelerated through the very brief come up of the experience. There was probably less than 30-45 seconds between the ++ and ++++.

That reminds me of MDMA CEV's I had. 200mg of pure molly gave me feelings very reminiscent to the ones you described--the intensity of getting too high. Maybe serotonin syndrome (I had preloaded earlier in the day with 5-htp). Just nausea, kinda the feeling of going over the top on a rollercoaster...bad sweating, though nothing some cool rain couldn't take care of. Later in the experience, closing my eyes gave me very similar visuals (mda metabolites surging then?)

I think my snorting ~20mg 2c-i might rival the intensity of the come up though

Since this experience I have had different thoughts about my initial reactions to this experience. Perhaps soul matter exist in more human beings rather than the one we all know to be ourselves. Perhaps there are many more realities than just the one we know to be true. What I realized as this trip tied itself up, is that after your body dies, your soul will still exist, and it can't take anything physically real with it. The only thing you take with you is positive karma, and the love you have built between people in life.

Your trip report give me ... hope, it's weird. I enjoyed it sooo much thanks a lot! Peace

Just read this and thought it deserved a bump.

Anyone else able to share any pure MDA experiences? - it's near the very top of my wish-list.

anemone4.jpg

This is a great visual interpretation of what I experienced as "the vortex", so to speak, as I was being accelerated through the very brief come up of the experience. There was probably less than 30-45 seconds between the ++ and ++++.

^THIS! I have quite a history with this visual. =D I used to roll all the time for the purpose of smoking weed like crazy 3-4 hours into it so I would start hallucinating my head off. I always knew I got the real deal and the MDMA was being metabolized into MDA when this visual started showing up! If I saw it I'd know for sure what it was, MDA is probably the greatest drug of all time. ;) Awesome report!

Thanks! I am glad to have been able to share something so grand with you all in that collective unconscious sense.

:D

You're welcome! :) I realize this may be a lot to ask, but do you know exactly which MDA you had? As in, whether it was (R)-MDA, (S)-MDA, or a racemic mixture? Although I doubt I would ever get the privilege to choose, I would certainly want to do this with the R isomer! According to Wiki, both MDMA and MDA follow the style of S having increased potency over R as monoamine releasers, meaning the R isomers would produce stronger psychedelic effects at the same intensity of (the toxicity-inducing) stimulant effects, and as far as potency at 5-HT2A goes, (S)-MDMA < (R)-MDMA < (S)-MDA < (R)-MDA, so I'm sure an injection of pure (R)-MDA at the same level of stimulant effects you achieved (assuming you didn't get just R) would create a trip at astronomical levels! I also read on Wiki that in the '50s when they tested MDA for antidepressant effects there was a death from 450 mg injected. Although it doesn't say which isomer was used, at that dose I would expect it to be either R or racemic, but either way, I take that to mean that they probably at least approached that dose with other subjects without too many problems.... If I had the opportunity I might aim for something like 300 mg of (R)-MDA! Of course, I'm still young and reckless. %)

With the path of life I've been on lately, reading this reminds me of a time 12yrs ago when I could feel something that strong from drugs like MDA and MDMA. The first time I took LSD I was surprised with a ten strip that I didn't know I was getting and didn't know I'd gotten until I was driving from Austin to San Antonio after a Chemical Brothers/Orbital concert. I-10 west just started moving, I looked over at a friend in the car as she'd been shoving candy in my mouth all night, candy dots on wax paper, and simply said, "I'm tripping aren't I?" She just smiled at me enormously and I could hear my friend laughing in the back seat. I'd gone to San Antonio looking to experience everything out there and asked to be surprised, and I was incredibly surprised. They were playing with glow sticks in the car, including a red one and a blue one, while I had the radio cranked up and the windows down, sunroof open doing 80mph. We never figured out if that cop car was a real one or not, either way I made an exit on the first turn-around I came across and never saw the cop car again (they'd seen it to so..?) With the red and blue glow sticks gone the rest of the drive to San Antonio was amazing.
I'd come out of a coma one year before with amnesia that I hadn't come close to recovering from yet mentally, so everything in life was new for me. This experience left me with a love for driving with the windows down doing 80mph music blaring and singing my heart out or playing my steering wheel and dash board like a set of drums. I'm cutting this story short since this is supposed to be a quick reply and is the upcoming part of a story I've begun to share through my blog so straight to the similarity...
I was still tripping a dozen balls when we got to their house, which wasn't theirs but their dealers, and I was given a plate with 6" line on it and they said it was roll. I did the whole line at once and when I looked up saw dropped jaws that turned into smiles and 5-6 people saying, "Damn dood, see ya on the flip side." and immediately my head went down onto the folded arms I had on the table. My eyes shut as it did and I was in the wildest tunnel that flipped me over several times and left me standing on a street corner having a conversation with my grandmother. Our convo was interrupted by tens, then hundreds, then thousands of people dancing and there were full lighting effects all around us. As I gazed around at what felt completely real my eyes stopped where my grandmother had been only to see a cop standing there, then another, then another and another until I saw nothing but people dancing and the cops joining them as they threw drugs into the air as if it were the natural thing to do. Then I came to realize that I was dreaming about the first rave I would go to and what I pictured it being like, only it was a little too off-key to be real. I felt like I'd been there for hours and lifted my head up feeling as if I'd been asleep for hours only to see 5-6 people one of whom said, "welcome back man. How was it?" I told them I was thirsty, lol. "K, what'cha want to drink?" "Oh yeah, the roll's here, what did you think of the K?" I smiled and started laughing, still tripping of course. I said it was delightful and asked him how many hours I was out only to be told 30 minutes...

Thank you for sharing this one. I'll have to share my IV MDMA trips with you one day, I just can't today.

EcHo =o)

You're welcome! :) I realize this may be a lot to ask, but do you know exactly which MDA you had? As in, whether it was (R)-MDA, (S)-MDA, or a racemic mixture? Although I doubt I would ever get the privilege to choose, I would certainly want to do this with the R isomer! According to Wiki, both MDMA and MDA follow the style of S having increased potency over R as monoamine releasers, meaning the R isomers would produce stronger psychedelic effects at the same intensity of (the toxicity-inducing) stimulant effects, and as far as potency at 5-HT2A goes, (S)-MDMA < (R)-MDMA < (S)-MDA < (R)-MDA, so I'm sure an injection of pure (R)-MDA at the same level of stimulant effects you achieved (assuming you didn't get just R) would create a trip at astronomical levels! I also read on Wiki that in the '50s when they tested MDA for antidepressant effects there was a death from 450 mg injected. Although it doesn't say which isomer was used, at that dose I would expect it to be either R or racemic, but either way, I take that to mean that they probably at least approached that dose with other subjects without too many problems.... If I had the opportunity I might aim for something like 300 mg of (R)-MDA! Of course, I'm still young and reckless. %)

I am unsure. I wish I would have gone back in time and gotten more of them because I am honestly interested now!

It was for sure the most intense psychedelic experience I have had to date.

Thank you for sharing this one. I'll have to share my IV MDMA trips with you one day, I just can't today.

EcHo =o)

Of course, whenever you are ready, I'd love to hear about it. :)

I know other BL'ers to have IV'd MDMA, so I will love to hear your take on it.

Last edited:
Wow this is a great report! The closest I have come to MDA is 6-APB and I loved that experience.

this is a fantastic report. i had no idea MDA could be that much more visual and psychedelic. I hope i get similar effects when i IV some MDA next weekend!