• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Marijuana won big tonight

Thomas Davie

Moderator: CD
Staff member
Legal recreational in Maine, Massachussetts, Nevada and California. Medical access in Florida, Arkansas and North Dakota. Amended medical laws in Montana (less restrictive).

The only failure of the evening was recreational getting defeated in Arizona. But they are legal medical and there's always mid term elections.

Hopefully these results will spur the Canadian government to realize that immediately legalizing (as is happening in California tomorrow) will not cause the sky to fall.

And hopefully North Dakota has reciprocity for medical patients so I can buy weed when I vacation there.

Tom

nice. i'd check it out but would probably get turned back at the border lol

California - it's legal today. 6 plants, one ounce and 8 g concentrate
Massachussetts - legal 30 days after governor certifies results of election. One ounce (10 ounces at home!!), an 1/8 of concentrate and six plants
Nevada - legal on January 1rst, 2017
Maine - legal on December 15th

Tom

Meanwhile we just elected the most anti-drug pair to "lead" the anti-drug party that also won big in both the House and Senate.8(

I mean, there's no way they're gonna be able to shut down cannabis though, right? Aren't Republicans all about 'states rights'?

I seriously feel the drug war is rolling to a close one way or another. The entire country is weary and tired.

This is good for the north east, now that MA has gone with recreational so shall the rest of new england.

I do not believe anyone one group can stop this movement. It will come to a head when the majority of states have legalized it and most boarders can be crossed with weed as they are all recreational states. This can not be stopped at this point.

Praise God that Chris Christie is now out of the mix. He was not tired of the drug war in the slightest.

I live in California. So... I can legally posses marijuana (up to an ounce it seems)?

Does this mean I will legally be able to buy marijuana in stores? Like at head shops, grocery store or gas stations or something? Or will it only be available from licensed dispensaries?

Has all this been worked out in advance? Meaning are there already places offering marijuana for sale to people over 21, or does this all still have to be worked out and implemented still?

I haven't smoked weed in over 15 years. Haven't bothered to find any (I don't get out much, lol) and I was never interested enough to get a medical card. Now that it's legal I might just want to start smoking again.

I live in California. So... I can legally posses marijuana (up to an ounce it seems)?

Does this mean I will legally be able to buy marijuana in stores? Like at head shops, grocery store or gas stations or something? Or will it only be available from licensed dispensaries?

Has all this been worked out in advance? Meaning are there already places offering marijuana for sale to people over 21, or does this all still have to be worked out and implemented still?

I haven't smoked weed in over 15 years. Haven't bothered to find any (I don't get out much, lol) and I was never interested enough to get a medical card. Now that it's legal I might just want to start smoking again.

Yep, you can legally possess up to an ounce of weed and concentrates (8g). DIspensaries or recreational stores, which don't exist yet. Sales are expected to start January 1, 2017

This bit is a guess on my part, but I think that California is going to allow medical dispensaries to either dual purpose or repurpose to rec shops. Kinda like Oregon did.

Some work has been done in advance. For example, the medical laws in Cali were completely reworked, probably with the idea of recreational legalization happening. The only way to get legal weed (recreationally) at the moment is to grow or to get gifted weed.

Oh, if you grow you are allowed the productive output of the plants.

But yeah, it's real :)

Tom

god damn it I hope European nations will follow soon. I mean where I live, law enforcement isn't tough at all regarding cannabis users, but still, I want it to be legal so badly...

good for america though :)

Salutations,

Hummm... Maybe i'll learn to like that face after all, if what i read so far holds true that is.

The reason is because while Trudeau seems satisfied fixing prohibition - again - there appears to be a wind of hope coming from south all the sudden, so perhaps Justin will get options he didn't before when facing Canadian voters, i wonder. Meanwhile Switzerland's health ministry or something has approved tobacco substitutes with only 0.4 % THC and lots of CBD (1 % THC would be their legal limit). So, when do we get at least as coherent in Canuck land, on planet Itnoc?... Removing legal obstacles to pro-cannabic research would be a starter anyway, etc.

Ah, and congratulations to those who actually made significant political gains recently! :D

Good day, have fun!! =D

Yep, you can legally possess up to an ounce of weed and concentrates (8g). DIspensaries or recreational stores, which don't exist yet. Sales are expected to start January 1, 2017

This bit is a guess on my part, but I think that California is going to allow medical dispensaries to either dual purpose or repurpose to rec shops. Kinda like Oregon did.

Some work has been done in advance. For example, the medical laws in Cali were completely reworked, probably with the idea of recreational legalization happening. The only way to get legal weed (recreationally) at the moment is to grow or to get gifted weed.

Oh, if you grow you are allowed the productive output of the plants.

But yeah, it's real :)

Tom

Thank you for taking the time to reply. That was informative.

I'm looking forward smoking again... It's been so long for me.

fantastic! now only 20 more states need to wake up and get with the program

10 ounces at home! Hahaha! Massachusetts has just legalised drug dealing. Good on 'em.

In reality though having 10 ounces should be just as fine as having 10 cases of beer at home, or 10 cartons (10 packets in each carton) of cigarettes.

Why is cannabis being limited yet these other substances are not?

Still, it's very much a giant step in the right direction for not just these states but the rest of the world.

I am slightly worried that the federal g'ment and dea will try and turn these decisions around if that's possible. I really hope not.

Why is cannabis being limited yet these other substances are not?

Because some substances get singled out at the behest of proponents of other substances.

Those in legal states should consider themselves lucky the limit wasn't a single joint, you know? The blanket prohibition on marijuana's never been motivated by rational and subjective thought processes-- there's always been at least one ulterior agenda hidden inside America's "War on Drugs," and they typically rotate between money and minority-control. Reversing that... that whole thing is going to take baby-steps.

DISCLAIMER: just my opinion here

Also, I'm now curious.... if there is one, at what point does a civilian's alcohol stash become illegal? Or tobacco?

I know there are limits about transporting the stuff over state lines, but in your own home, though.... huh.... The way this country is, I would think that at some point the state can come in and say, "Nope, that's too much. You must be selling black market," or some shit like that.

The one ounce limit is typical across the board for what you are allowed to buy and carry on your person.

The 10 ounce thing is actually a conservative rule. Colorado doesn't have a limit for what you can have at home because we understand people like to grow pot at more than one ounce at a time and store pot in the same manner.

This is good for the north east, now that MA has gone with recreational so shall the rest of new england.

I do not believe anyone one group can stop this movement. It will come to a head when the majority of states have legalized it and most boarders can be crossed with weed as they are all recreational states. This can not be stopped at this point.

I agree. The reason it has gotten so big is because the public no longer supports prohibition and the legal states have proven that legal cannabis won't cause the world to end.