• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Marijuana vs. Synthetic Marijuana

GreenMiley

Greenlighter
Until pretty recently, I'd only heard the term "synthetic marijuana" a few times but I didn't pay it much attention. But now I'm seeing it pop up in the news more often and it seems like some scary stuff. I don't know that it's really deserving of the marijuana comparison. After reading in the linked article that some dude chopped his wife's head off while on it, all I can think is - I've never heard of anyone doing that with real weed!

synthetic cannabis is a mixed plant material sprayed with synthetic cannabanoids. i wouldnt suggest using it,

You're right, calling it "synthetic marijuana" is really a misnomer. They're more appropriately called "CB1/CB2 agonists."

And I'd agree that they're not worth using. In fact, it's one of the only substances I regret using.

I had a bad experience everytime I used it.

The worst is being at a party and having a joint passed to you that you think is marijuana and you take a hit....nope there is that trademark flavor...and the knowledge that you are about to have an extreme 15 minutes of dsyphoria. It can be effective in as little as one hit....Stay away from these substances...they are no fun, and when I was in detox we had people coming in for the three day psych eval because they smoked and did something crazy in public.

definitely shouldnt be compared against cannabis. i understand that some people enjoy the effects of this synthetic stuff, but it is totally different to cannabis. why do people always compare it to cannabis anyway? why dont they ever compare it to other smokeable drugs like crack or meth? cannabis is a golden medicine rich with quality on so many levels. this synthetic stuff is just bzzzz a good way to get off your head

^^^from your lips to gods ears trip. Your avatar always reminds me of those weird comics about The Watcher called "what if?"...I had one that was like, what if the fantastic fours powers were on different people...it was kinda funny.

I've had friends that have tried it and I've only heard negative things about it. There's also a plethora of stories of people ODing on it and otherwise damaging their bodies; definitely not even close to real cannabis and shouldn't be named as such.

Spice pretty much destroyed my life. Or I guess I destroyed my life by using spice. I would suggest no one ever try it. After three years of daily use, multiple seizures, what I think to be a mild stroke, and probably 300+ bad trips, I can honestly say you couldn't pay me $1,000,000 to take a hit of whatever spice is going around now days. Its been two years since I quit and I still don't feel "normal".

I dont fear death anymore. It cant be as bad as some of the experiences I had smoking gas station weed.

Until pretty recently, I'd only heard the term "synthetic marijuana" a few times but I didn't pay it much attention. But now I'm seeing it pop up in the news more often and it seems like some scary stuff. I don't know that it's really deserving of the marijuana comparison. After reading in the linked article that some dude chopped his wife's head off while on it, all I can think is - I've never heard of anyone doing that with real weed!

This is a good place to start, it kind of sums up the drug from users who know.

http://www.vice.com/en_uk/video/spice-boys

I had good expirances with it tbh, although a lot of my friends freaked out bad, it is really not good for you it generally feels like toxic, although this was a fair few year ago, can't believe I used to smoke the shit on a daily basis , it fucking ruins the real thing as well as most synthetic noids are full antogonists, stick to the real deal mate :)

Spice pretty much destroyed my life. Or I guess I destroyed my life by using spice. I would suggest no one ever try it. After three years of daily use, multiple seizures, what I think to be a mild stroke, and probably 300+ bad trips, I can honestly say you couldn't pay me $1,000,000 to take a hit of whatever spice is going around now days. Its been two years since I quit and I still don't feel "normal".

I dont fear death anymore. It cant be as bad as some of the experiences I had smoking gas station weed.

man it's your fault mostly because you kept using after so many negative experiences and stuff.... and spice is not for a daily usage...well maybe once a day maximum.

Since i have started taking multivitamins minerals and doing a very healthy lifestyle i get very little to none side effects even if i use once or twice a day.

But even like that it's better if you use weed. :p

Yeah, I have no plans to try it. Sounds like bath salts or something. It is weird that they chose to call it "synthetic marijuana" when it's so vastly different.

Yo i smoked that k2 stuff before n fuck that never ever again although i think i over did it ( 2 gram blunt between me n one other guy ) i was stupid scary high. My heart was beating kinda fast i felt real light headed like i was gonna pass out everything got real bright i actullay called my dad n told him i might die lbvs.. Scary shit it should never be compared to bud so glad they outlawed that garbage.

Yo i smoked that k2 stuff before n fuck that never ever again although i think i over did it ( 2 gram blunt between me n one other guy ) i was stupid scary high. My heart was beating kinda fast i felt real light headed like i was gonna pass out everything got real bright i actullay called my dad n told him i might die lbvs.. Scary shit it should never be compared to bud so glad they outlawed that garbage.

Yeah, leaked a video of some synthetic marijuana users - it turned out to be fake (they were really on PCP or something like that) but supposedly (according to the article above anyway) a guy smoked spice and cut his wife's head off, killed his dogs, ripped out his own eye, and cut off his own hand! Who would want to risk that kind of trip?

Synthetic cannabinoids are great. Stop believing the noid maddness. It's just as crazy as reefer madness in the 30a.

^ lol

for the record I've never tried noids and don't have plans to.

why bother?

Last edited:
Spice sucks. Hate that shit. And I'm pretty easy to please when it comes to drugs.

Thankfully it's pretty much non-existent here anymore, esp. after the legalization of cannabis. The only consumers of it around here tend to be crystal meth users, many of whom tend to be into spice for some reason...?