• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Marijuana Legalization on a Federal Level?

As adults it should be up to us what we want to put in our bodies. They have no issues handing out methadone but not weed, seems backwards.
I know seniors who use cannabis for pain and appetite but your government would not allow that but write them scripts for oxys. So backwards.
The earth has a plant to help every disorder but they keep pushing synthetic crap.
How many people would not be addicted to pills or heroin if their doctor prescribed kratom or weed
Sadly I have a few family members stuck in this trap, one is on fentanyl and oxy, the other oxy alone, now I’ve taken my fair share of oxy.. but I never overdo it cause I’m so worried about an overdose. Now sometimes I get major anxiety from weed and then sometimes it makes me have none. But I think the fact that we still have a black market where you really don’t know what your getting, people can tell you all day it’s this kush or that diesel but the truth is even in rec states it’s became hard to tell what genotype (indica or sativa) if that’s the right word it is. But I think that legalization sometimes creates a dilemma because most of the officials “elected” have seen alcohol, tobacco, and how much money it brings in, taxes, rehabs, even deaths.. they profit off of. With weed there’s a one time sales tax, but they can’t double and triple profit off it like they have with alcohol and tobacco But you can’t tell me they are worried about health implications oh well ima smoke it regardless of what our overlords deem the legality of it. I just wish our country wasn’t so ass backwards with the Fake appearance Of having your best interest at heart and everything as I just said applies to marijuana and psilocybin that’s probably why they are illegal cause you wouldn’t get a script of mushrooms every month if they help with depression months after taking it.

FWIW, I live in very much a RED prohibition State. Even though it is technically illegal here the local police have publicly stated they are not prosecuting possession charges for anything less than 3 oz. If some is caught with anything less than 3oz, they will just take it (and probably smoke it later) there's no ticket and no court appearance.

I hope you don’t mind me asking? Which state? You can tell me to fuck off too ;)

-GC

FWIW, I live in very much a RED prohibition State. Even though it is technically illegal here the local police have publicly stated they are not prosecuting possession charges for anything less than 3 oz. If some is caught with anything less than 3oz, they will just take it (and probably smoke it later) there's no ticket and no court appearance.
Same here except it’s a half ounce lmao! Atleast it ain’t Georgia where you can get 10 years for a point of wax

Hope everyone is having a great weekend, I frequent Ga regularly, it’s almost like I live here...;) The wax comment got me TrippN, readIng that as the Puffco vibrated. Here is some information for those who have to deal with the bs prohibition laws. I take no credit, nor any responsibility for the correctness regarding the information on link. It’s a shame that you can get a pack of smokes, a handle of liquor, and even Adderall; that’s a schedule 2 ( legal if ya name is on the bottle). But all things THCa are do not pass go; schedule 1 crap.... apologies for the rant. Here is the link:)

Georgia where you can get 10 years for a point of wax

Texas was bad too when I lived there some time back. I think all of those southern states are extra hard on everything. I got a PI IN A BAR down there. How is that even possible? Maybe disorderly conduct, but wasn't even that. What happened that day is we were smoking a joint outside of a bar and some 20 year old girl came out and said she is calling the police. I said go ahead. But get the fuck away from us because I will call the police for harassing us. She got even closer and called 911. Police came like a murder happened. "Where are the drugs"???? I told him its gone, we smoked it all. The bar we were currently at, I was cool with the owner (sorta). Of course he came out to see whats going on. The cops asked him if any of us caused him any issues recently. Just looking for any reason to make an arrest.

Around 2 hours later was at the bar across the street playing pool. Those same cops walked in, came right up to me and said I was under arrest.

They took me in on a saturday, had me dress into a jump suit and I was like what is this for, just tell me my bond and I will have my girlfriend come get me. I don't need to change clothes? "There is no court until monday, so you're gonna be here for a couple days. That police station had full out pods for holding people. There was a dude in there 5 days for unpaid parking tickets. Then they press you into a court and essentially force you to plead guilty. Otherwise you will get your bond later in the day. Or you can pay $350 now and walk out the doors. Of course I paid.

I left Texas literally the next month. I will never cross that red shitty river again. That stuff all started over 3 adults smoking a little joint outside a bar.

Last edited:
In Texas in 1982 you coud drive with a drink of scotch or beer in your hand, carry a gun or shotgun and you would be ok. Get caught with a roach or a seed and you were toast. Fast forward to today it has relaxed so even in some hard states it is easing up.

I am in NY and it is still technically illegal but there is an initiative to wipe out convictions that some places have already taken to selling cannabis. So NY is gearing up for legalization. The fact that in some southern states you could be in trouble is rediculous. It is time for federal legalization. Too bad I have zero faith in the morons in charge today.

Last edited:
Ohio isn't too bad and the biggest city here, Columbus, has it decriminalized. Most cops don't care about weed, all they'll do is tell you to throw it out if they catch you smoking. Trafficking is much harsher

Here in NC we a are decriminalized up to a half ounce, wax is like a gram.. yeah I was really disappointed not to bring my wax cart back from Florida as that was my first time driving back from west palm ft Lauderdale area when you see felony’s attached to weed while your high, it makes your already sensitive paranoia even worse. Florida’s bad about it too, but I think it’s only a year but still a felony. South Carolina is actually a chill state you can have up to an ounce Of weed or concentrates and still only Get a misdemeanor

Here in NC we a are decriminalized up to a half ounce, wax is like a gram.. yeah I was really disappointed not to bring my wax cart back from Florida as that was my first time driving back from west palm ft Lauderdale area when you see felony’s attached to weed while your high, it makes your already sensitive paranoia even worse. Florida’s bad about it too, but I think it’s only a year but still a felony. South Carolina is actually a chill state you can have up to an ounce Of weed or concentrates and still only Get a misdemeanor
oregon has an issues on the ballot to decriminalize all drugs. i'm not confident it will pass but i do think the popular culture view is shifting, and more importantly it's shifting independent of party lines

Interesting how in Florida any amount of hash/extract without a card is an automatic felony with up to 5 years and a $5000 fine yet I can medically get all types of concentrates including thc-a delivered to my door like a pizza.

SC doesn't have medical except for cbd yet up to 10 grams of concentrates is only 30 days and a $200 fine.

Interesting how in Florida any amount of hash/extract without a card is an automatic felony with up to 5 years and a $5000 fine yet I can medically get all types of concentrates including thc-a delivered to my door like a pizza.

SC doesn't have medical except for cbd yet up to 10 grams of concentrates is only 30 days and a $200 fine.
Yeah not going to lie, now that I’m back I can say this I wanted to bring something back so bad when I had my visit down there but you gotta have someone with a card go get it for you like if your 15 trying to get alcohol. Only a few people have them and I had an apt scheduled with a doctor to get mine, I thought I was going to live there.. so I set one up. It’s a racket sorta like the old pill mills that use to be down there heavily. 200 dollar visit with a doctor 75 dollar application to Florida and you have a point system your on. And being I was in a rental car, I really didn’t wanna risk the drive up 95 I had a large amount of paranoia they were stopping cars hard on 95 N. Long story short I didn’t bring anything back

I have multiple qualifying conditions so I had no trouble getting a card but not going to lie it's not hard to get one. The limits I can get are pretty generous and far more than I can use or afford to.
Last two times I flew up to NY I brought some gummies in my carry on mixed in a bag with some other food and had no trouble except for an extra special pat down but they didn't take my stuff or mention anything. They weren't acquired from a shop but I could of just lied and said I made them with my mmj if they did say anything. I'm sure they knew since it smelled kinda strong but also saw my bag of medication and me pushing my mom who just had leg surgery in a wheelchair and didn't feel like dealing with the backlash they'd get.

This was the last time High Times ran the Medical Cannabis Cup before the second competition came to be, the regular Cannabis Cup.

VQ4WGEd.jpg

This event was for red card holders only (MMJ).

Later that year we voted to legalize it for recreational use.

The rest is history.

^ 7 years prior we voted to decriminalize weed for personal possession in Denver.

This was a hit song at the time from a band in the area.

The MORE act isn't being voted on by the House at the moment and is being delayed at least until the election is over. They are flooded with COVID regulations at the moment understandably. In the meantime, if you'd like to make a difference locally, you can do what several states have already done and vote to legalize marijuana in your state.

Websites like norml.org are a good starting point for finding information about your area including things like where to sign a petition to get decriminalization and/or recreational use legalized. Once enough people sign the petition it appears on the ballot to be voted on by the whole state. There's a good chance your state has a petition already and if it doesn't you can start your own.

It's a bottom up solution for many of us who are sick and tired of waiting for our federal government to get their shit together.

Vote.

They need to just vote on the simple removal of marijuana and all of its compounds from the federal controlled substances list. All the people who broke the law prior should not be affected as they knew the law at the time. This trying to save the criminals bs is dragging our chance down the drain.