• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Marijuana Legalization on a Federal Level?

Someone from the US please correct me if I’m wrong, but this is how the ballot initiatives are shaking out this year.

Voting on adult legalization: New Jersey, Arizona and South Dakota and Montana (?)
Voting on medical legalization: Mississippi and Sout Dakota.

I’m not sure about Nebraska.
Tom

They need to just vote on the simple removal of marijuana and all of its compounds from the federal controlled substances list. All the people who broke the law prior should not be affected as they knew the law at the time. This trying to save the criminals bs is dragging our chance down the drain.
Sadly I'm going to have to agree with you. While it would be best to release the many people who've been sentenced under draconian weed charges, that's a monumental undertaking on top of nationwide legalization, which is already a long and slow battle.

Someone from the US please correct me if I’m wrong, but this is how the ballot initiatives are shaking out this year.

Voting on adult legalization: New Jersey, Arizona and South Dakota and Montana (?)
Voting on medical legalization: Mississippi and Sout Dakota.

I’m not sure about Nebraska.
Tom
The states will have a vote done in a few days.

It looks like the people of New Zealand voted against legalization but Mexico is still in the running and we will most likely find out if Mexico legalizes weed in a few days as well some of the states in the US.

The MORE act is much more likely to pass now that McConnell is gone. The momentum is picking up again and decriminalization as well as legalization can happen in a relatively short time.